Preview Changes Vs Dorkers Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Do not get our coaching staff's hate of bennell, got dropped last year when he had been one of our best players. I guess at least he was poor last week but showed his value in the second half.

And their love of the worst player in the AFL....who gets a game each week, baffling anyone who's seen him play..:eek:

You are joking; I haven't seen him get near the ball in the fwd line this year apart from the two goals he's kicked over the back. Neither Lycett nor Naitanui cut it as a key fwd.
Exactly, that's why I don't count the ruckmen as key fwds, but hoping that can take a few marks somehow. So only 1 in the lineup, JK. Would prefer Fmac to Hill, even though he is obviously unproven for the most part, even in the WAFL.

Last edited:
Sorry guys i heard on radio thursday that Mcinnes was playing, obviously was wrong.
And to think I gave you a plug in the podcast for usually being right

I don't think Simmo really cares, that's the thing.

Probably because the term is meaningless.

Side with very good forward line beats poor sides by big margins when our sub par midfield gets on top. Who'd have thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Simpson. Trying to shore up his job by playing experienced players over youth expecting to win more games that way.
It will seriously backfire because Butler and MCginnity are Shit and Hill is not far behind in terms of work rate.

What a load of shit, we get a new coach and he delivers the same playing shit players we have endured that have delivered shit for 7 years.

Looks like my mate is right. "Simpson is shit" he said.

We're a young side with injuries. Fit squad and not one of those play, even if some of our other youth talent was fit and less of them will play. Possibly none of them.

In any case they're futile changes, that won't drastically alter the outcome of the match. Either in terms of our competitiveness or the margin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd probably rather Bennell but I'm also largely indifferent to the selection. Butler was actually very good in the last handful of games of last year if I remember correctly. Hill could possibly be the sub with Duggan to start. I hope anyway.

Bennell wasn't even that bad last week FFS. He dropped like 2 marks in a rusty first game of the year performance. The rest of his game was perfectly fine.

It's not as though he offers absolutely nothing offensively and costs us 3 goals like Butler did in the first game of the season. The same ring around the rosie Simmo does between those 2 players is annoying as shit. It's not good for them, or our backline when it's constantly being changed and lacking continuity.

Bennell wasn't even that bad last week FFS. He dropped like 2 marks in a rusty first game of the year performance. The rest of his game was perfectly fine.

It's not as though he offers absolutely nothing offensively and costs us 3 goals like Butler did in the first game of the season. The same ring around the rosie Simmo does between those 2 players is annoying as shit. It's not good for them, or our backline when it's constantly being changed and lacking continuity.
He had 11 disposals at about 50% efficiency and 1 1%er which is pretty bad for a defender. He definitely wasn't good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had 11 disposals at about 50% efficiency and 1 1%er which is pretty bad for a defender. He definitely wasn't good.
Looking at the stats sheet is pointless. Nainatui had no marks, only 8 touches etc etc.

We all know that Bennell is hands down a better player than butler. Don't even get me started on those other 2 spuds Hill and Mcginnity.

I'm not foaming at the mouth about the changes as some others are, but I don't begrudge those people.

I suppose I'm curious about the combination of hill/butler/mcginnity. Surely - for instance - hill and mcginnity are variations on the same function. The combination in totality surprises me more than individual choices.

Butler will leak goals again, and when he gets the ball he will do his usual stop and prop and kill our ball movement.

Bennell can ran and carry, and can use his pace to get us out of trouble in the backline, when we are stagnant.

Looked better as the game went on on the weekend.

I'm not foaming at the mouth about the changes as some others are, but I don't begrudge those people.

I suppose I'm curious about the combination of hill/butler/mcginnity. Surely - for instance - hill and mcginnity are variations on the same function. The combination in totality surprises me more than individual choices.

I was thinking the same thing, especially with Cripps and Le Cras in as small forwards/midfield rotations.

This makes me think Duggan might not be the sub anymore, but maybe Hill, because having all of those guys on for nearly a full game would be overkill for that player type. Would be good to see how much of a game Liam can run out.

Or perhaps that is wishful thinking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Vs Dorkers Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back