Preview Changes Vs Dorkers Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Or the number of times Yarran got the ball and McGinnity wasn't in the shot and when the camera panned out he was still no where to be seen.

Didn't matter after qtr time, but my wife was nearly going to come home to a smashed tv after that first quarter.
Haha yeh, for a guy who's in the team to play a forward defensive role you'd have thought he'd at least keep his man in sight.

Mcginnity was woeful

Yarran had 15 touches, all by FOOT mind you so he obviously wasn't under a whole lot or pressure, and going at 86% DE which is high for someone even when their not tagged.

^ Those figures tell a tale about Ginnity's performance for anyone who didn't actually watch the game and see how much space Yarran was getting.

In : Ellis
Out : Bennell

Bennell is a gutless frontrunner. When the pressure was on the 1st quarter he was worst on ground. That dropped mark was the weakest thing I have ever seen.

Ginners was definitely off tonight. He's not the most talented bloke going around, but he makes up for it in going 100%. He wasn't doing that tonight.

Agreed. Stunk it up early in particular. If youre playing a negating role you should be sharing jocks with the other bloke.

Not sure what the knocks are on Bennell but loved what I saw, particularly after half time.

Agreed. Stunk it up early in particular. If youre playing a negating role you should be sharing jocks with the other bloke.

Not sure what the knocks are on Bennell but loved what I saw, particularly after half time.

Should have given him the full Nelson

Ay? Ay ay ay! *nudge nudge*

I want someone to replace Yeo up back, then we can properly utilise him in the middle.

Yeo, Duggan and Sheed all in the middle, rotating with Lamb, Shuey and Gaff *drool*
Can't see Yeo getting too much midfield time this season. He is just too valuable down back under the present circumstances. Was great tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see Yeo getting too much midfield time this season. He is just too valuable down back under the present circumstances. Was great tonight.

Blink and you'd miss it, but I think I saw him starting in the centre for one bounce-down later in the game. Pretty sure he cleared to advantage of a team mate in space - have to re-watch to check I wasn't imagining it. Looks a classy clearing it out of centre.

Out: Tunbridge
In: Ellis

To beat the purples we need to do something different. Running the same midfield and game plan hasn't earned us a win against them for too bloody long.

I think Schofield has to go to Pav so Mcgovern can play loose.

Ellis to half back to free up Yeo on the ball. They will rotate all game.

Lycett forward to take heat off Kennedy, rotating with NicNat. (No Darling or Lamb)

Nelson to Balantyne and Bennell to Walters. Risky but will make Bennell acountable and would be great learning for Nelson who is a match in size for Balantyne. Mcginnity can just stand there in the back 50.

Rosa to Fyfe. He might be the only bloke who can actually tag him. He can run with him all day and is an excellent 'going back with the ball mark' to cut off Fyfe's influence up forward.

We all have to hunt down and kiss a leprechaun during the week.

I don't get the Bennell hate. I reckon he does a great job for us most of the time, gives us run and creativity out of the backline, definitely in the side next week, (Was a mistake not too play him in round 1 IMO)

Scooter back through the WAFL for me, his ankle is a real concern and needs some match time. Hopefully X can come back in.

Assuming Tunbridge is healthy..

Out: Ginners
In: Lamb

I know that leaves us exposed to their small fast crumbers, but I think we are no matter what we do so may as well settle for versatility in attack. Think it may end up being hill for Ginners though.

IN: Ellis, McInnes, Butler

OUT: Tunbridge (INJ/ OMITTED), Bennell (OMITTED), McGinnity

Ellis if fit if is must have IN. If his not fit don't risk him
McInnes is required against the Dockers 3 tall forward line. Yeo handled himself well playing undersized last night but Pavlich ~ Taberner ~ Clarke have more firepower than Jones ~ Casboult and swing man Henderson. Can stretch the Dockers back line by swinging McInnes forward as well.
Butler is an interesting one. Against Carlton with a genuine small forward he wasn't really required but Fremantle have Ballantyne, Walters, Mayne and even possibly Crozier to handle inside 50. His experience will be handy. If Butler isn't selected McGinitty needs to play as a shut down defender

Tunbridge unlucky but his head's right on the block for axing
Expected more from Bennell last night. Were my expectations too high I don't know but he was underwhelming.

IN: Ellis, McInnes, Butler

OUT: Tunbridge (INJ/ OMITTED), Bennell (OMITTED), McGinnity

Ellis if fit if is must have IN. If his not fit don't risk him
McInnes is required against the Dockers 3 tall forward line. Yeo handled himself well playing undersized last night but Pavlich ~ Taberner ~ Clarke have more firepower than Jones ~ Casboult and swing man Henderson. Can stretch the Dockers back line by swinging McInnes forward as well.
Butler is an interesting one. Against Carlton with a genuine small forward he wasn't really required but Fremantle have Ballantyne, Walters, Mayne and even possibly Crozier to handle inside 50. His experience will be handy. If Butler isn't selected McGinitty needs to play as a shut down defender

Tunbridge unlucky but his head's right on the block for axing
Expected more from Bennell last night. Were my expectations too high I don't know but he was underwhelming.
Why would you drop Bennell after one sub-par performance and bring in Butler who was even worse in Round 1?

Rosa would be a good match up on Fyfe, can run all day and can match him in the air with his height.

Outs: Tunners (He wasn't shithouse, he was quite good and was working his way into the setup, he hasn't been given much of a chance previously to work his way into it), Priddis (still shit), Masten (still super shit)

Ins: Lamb, Colledge, Xellis

Colledge to fulfill Priddis role and Xellis to go as sub, Duggan to get full game on the wing

I just want to focus on the bolded bits and say not this garbage again. Is it going to be a weekly thing here?

Want to see us get smoked in clearances and hard ball gets sure drop Priddis. Colledge isn't good enough to tie the bootlaces of Priddis. This is a derby WE NEED TO WIN. Dropping Priddis almost hands Freo the trophy already on Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Vs Dorkers Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back