Preview Changes Vs Dorkers Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd have thought Freo was one side where our lack of key defenders won't hurt us. They still haven't got anyone but Pav have they?

Gov takes Pav, Schofield takes Clarke, Yeo might even get to play on someone his own size for once. Or even move into the middle!
Switch them around i reckon, there is taberner as well but shouldn't be a big problem against freo. The teams that will hurt will be the ones with A grade forwards or two big units, like Geelong, Sydney, Hawthorn etc.

Bennell stays in as far as I'm concerned.

I agree got better as he adjusted to the game, his ability to get us out of tight situations in back line is needed.

Sammy Butler in those situations turns the ball over, or slows down play and we don't clear it quickly.

I'm actually dropping Bennell for the height of McInnes. As for Butler the simple answer is the goal scoring power of Freo's small forwards.

Heaven help us if Bennell was sent to shut down Ballantyne or Walters

I think Bennell should be given the job on Ballantyne or Walters.
Not a "here you take care of this" job more a question of his worth in the team other than a bit of dash and swerve out of defense when it suits him.

If he stinks it up and we lose, we lose. It wont be solely his fault anyway so why not ask a question of him? Earn his spot.

Not really expecting a win here why not roll the dice? Bennell to one of walters or ballantyne nelson to the other if it starts poorly yeo swaps with one of them.

Lamb for Tunbridge if need be. Both have a bit of mongrel

The issue won't be if we can shut down their forwards, it will be an issue of supply.

We will get spanked in the centre which will put pressure on our backs

If we get smashed in the midfield we just need to put defensive pressure on like we did against the Bulldogs for 80% of the game to have a chance. Keep the Dockers scoring points, and eventually push for a quick break from defence to score a few goals.

If the game is open and free flowing I think we will get belted by the marking power of Pavlich, Tabener & Clarke/Sandilands.

Tunbridge would be a good in this week if he pulls up alright from that ankle injury.

Out: Tunbridge
In: Lamb

Bennell McGovern Sheppard
Hurn Schofield Yeo
Rosa Priddis Gaff
Masten Kennedy Wellingham
Lecras Lycett Cripps

Ruck: Natanui Shuey Sheed
Int: McGinnity Duggan Nelson Sub: Lamb

Agree with the Lamb change but would actually keep McGinnity (I feel dirty for saying that). He wasn't bad tonight - would be lining up on Ballantyne. Rosa to Fyfe.
Agreed.. McGinnity did some good things Fri night

Agree with the Lamb change but would actually keep McGinnity (I feel dirty for saying that). He wasn't bad tonight - would be lining up on Ballantyne. Rosa to Fyfe.
McGinnity rarely if ever plays in the backline. He'll play on Spurr or Sutcliffe, rack up 5 touches and kick a goal in junk time once we've already lost.

My prediction is that the first quarter will be a scrappy arm wrestle, ending with an inspiring goal by Pavlich or Fyfe in red time just before the siren, second quarter we will work extremely hard to dominate possession, but only manage 2.5 before Ballantyne strolls into an empty forward half, followed by a quick goal from a Sandilands hitout at the very next centre bounce. WC will come out of the HT break tired and sluggish, with the third quarter belonging to Fremantle, who will go on to win by 19 points despite a Naitanui-inspired mini-revival in the latter parts of the final quarter.

My prediction is that the first quarter will be a scrappy arm wrestle, ending with an inspiring goal by Pavlich or Fyfe in red time just before the siren, second quarter we will work extremely hard to dominate possession, but only manage 2.5 before Ballantyne strolls into an empty forward half, followed by a quick goal from a Sandilands hitout at the very next centre bounce. WC will come out of the HT break tired and sluggish, with the third quarter belonging to Fremantle, who will go on to win by 19 points despite a Naitanui-inspired mini-revival in the latter parts of the final quarter.
Saved me buying a ticket.. Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dockers playing really well today, pressure is amazing. Are we a chance to win? No. But we can hope for a tight margin.
If we bring the pressure from the first bounce we are a chance. If we start like we have the first two weeks, Freo will roll us in the first qtr.

Dockers playing really well today, pressure is amazing. Are we a chance to win? No. But we can hope for a tight margin.

Unless Geelong has simply forgot how to play, Freo beating both them and Port makes me think we're in for a serious drubbing. Don't let the NAB cup game fool you, they will take us apart quarter by quarter and it won't be pretty.

If we come within 30 points I'll be thrilled TBH. That'd basically mean we're doing better than Geelong...

I have a feeling Freo will burn out a bit towards the end of the year but right now I think the only teams who would really challenge them are Hawthorn and Sydney.

Hmmm, if only geelong actually turned up and made a game of it.

6 v 8 day break and free requiring to travel might be the difference between a belting and a close game.

Zac Clarke hobbled off with a knee, must be in doubt for the derby. Though they've got Griffin and Hannath to come in.

Ballantyne will be suspended for sure.

Two potential teams:

FB: Nelson McGovern Bennell
FF: Walters Clarke/Griffen Crozier

HB: Hurn Schofield Yeo
HF: Mayne Pavlich Taberner

C: Rosa Priddis Gaff
C: Fyfe Mundy Hill

HF: Masten Kennedy LeCras
HB: C. Pearce McPharlin Spurr

FF: Cripps Lycett McGinnity
FB: Sutcliffe Johnson D. Pearce

R: Naitanui Wellingham Shuey
R: Sandilands Barlow Neale

I: Sheppard Ellis Sheed
I: Ibbotson de Boer Duffield

S: Duggan
S: Suban

We just need a player to stick to Fyfe. Selwood has shown he can be shut down. Geelong did nothing today to try and contain him and Hill.
What about Mundy and his 39 touches or Barlow and his 3 goals?

We just need a player to stick to Fyfe. Selwood has shown he can be shut down. Geelong did nothing today to try and contain him and Hill.

Is anyone actually capable of shutting down Fyfe? He's arguably the best player in the competition right now. Rosa at least has the height to spoil some marks but this is going to be a very different proposition to tagging Judd.

I think Balla will probably get a week for his bump today - left his feet, head-high bump plus bad record. That's one less matchup for us to worry about.

I have full confidence in Gov keeping Pav quiet and reckon Gaff will give Hill a good run for his money.

Fyfe/Mundy/Barlow is probably going to be too much for us. I hope we're competitive. Desperately need mids like Shuey to get forward and kick a couple if we're going to be in with a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Vs Dorkers Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back