Prediction Changes vs Fremantle (feat. Mystery Eagle)

Who will be the returning premiership player?

• Chris Masten

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Nathan Vardy

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Lewis Jetta

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Mark Hutchings

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • Will Schofield

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Ben Cousins

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Beau Waters

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • A non-Eagles premiership winner

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So I would assume only those back in training along with JK will be considered this week?
Seems like too much of a risk to play those who can only start training close to the weekend.
Concerning that it's supposedly the majority of them, so possibly not a huge number of changes.
I'm presuming the others who have already left isolation are the other 4 announced the earliest along with Kennedy?
Tom Barrass, Jack Redden, Zac Langdon and Isiah Winder.

Assuming everyone who missed last week except Nelson is available and only Williams is unavailable (won’t be the case, but best I can do for now)

In: Barrass, Edwards, Redden, Gaff, NicNat, Dixon, Kennedy, Waterman, Jones
Out: Jamieson, Dewar, XON, Mountford, Williams, Williams, Black, Giro, Ainsworth, Ledwards

Backs: Barrass, Gov, Edwards, Hurn, Foley, Duggan, Witherden
Mids: Kelly, Shuey, Redden, SPS, Gaff, Naish
Rucks: NicNat, Dixon
Forwards: Kennedy, Darling, Waterman, Ryan, Rioli, Jones, Petch
Sub: Rotham
Emergencies: XON, Langdon, Hough

Just the nine changes. Top ups are automatic outs if we have decent availability.

Dixon in to back up Nic in Williams’ absence. Edwards gets the nod over Rotham for a defensive spot due to his ability to chop out if required.

Guys who aren’t picked can have a run in the WAFL.

Fingers crossed we don’t have another cluster.

Theodin Conjure GIF - Theodin Conjure - Discover & Share GIFs

I suppose in theory the worst case is much worse than that - losing the same players repeatedly as a close contact without actually catching it.
Surely they'll figure out how to become positive sooner rather than later. Or how to not be defined as a close contact. The rules allow a lot of wriggle room if you read them close enough.

So I would assume only those back in training along with JK will be considered this week?
Seems like too much of a risk to play those who can only start training close to the weekend.
Concerning that it's supposedly the majority of them, so possibly not a huge number of changes.
I'm presuming the others who have already left isolation are the other 4 announced the earliest along with Kennedy?
Nah, you'd be better off naming them and giving them a fitness test on Thursday or Friday (I think they usually do main training two days before a game anyway - which is Friday). Tell the AFL you may swing a bunch of late changes and that they'll need to be flexible because "the games must go on".

There's a good chance that a lot of the players didn't have much in the way of symptoms. You don't lose your fitness in a week, so it's more of a case of whether they are over the virus or not.

If they go with this then these are the most likely changes.
In: Kennedy, Barrass, Redden, Langdon, Winder, Gaff
Out: B Williams, Ainsworth, Dewar, Giro, Black, Mountford

Nah, you'd be better off naming them and giving them a fitness test on Thursday or Friday (I think they usually do main training two days before a game anyway - which is Friday). Tell the AFL you may swing a bunch of late changes and that they'll need to be flexible because "the games must go on".

There's a good chance that a lot of the players didn't have much in the way of symptoms. You don't lose your fitness in a week, so it's more of a case of whether they are over the virus or not.
Agreed, if they trained all summer and played round 1, there's no reason they couldn't play provided they aren't feeling any ill-effects of COVID. I would expect guys like Redden, NicNat, Barrass, Edwards etc to come straight back in if available.

Pi..es me off that even the Derby has to be played Sunday. Damn Vics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone able to post the notes
  • Kelly has a black eye
  • Duggan didnt train, expected to play
  • Strnadica did some drills
  • This would be normally where I'd slip a joke dot point one in, but the past weeks been too absurd already
  • Nelson didnt train but ran laps, no strapping and moved freely
  • Yeo, Cripps and Clark ran laps, Yeo looking in good nick during kicking drills
  • No Gaff, Oscar or Sheed

• Kelly has a black eye
  • Duggan didnt train, expected to play
  • Strnadica did some drills
  • This would be normally where I'd slip a joke dot point one in, but the past weeks been too absurd already
  • Nelson didnt train but ran laps, no strapping and moved freely
  • Yeo, Cripps and Clark ran laps, Yeo looking in good nick during kicking drills
  • No Gaff, Oscar or Sheed

No apparent HSP absentees apart from Williams?

Not from what the article says

Edit: and everyone who missed last week apart from JK obviously

Deliberately left the door open for you to make a Halal Snack Pack reference, and got nothing.

Disappointing.

Deliberately left the door open for you to make a Halal Snack Pack reference, and got nothing.

Disappointing.
Yeah, I'm disappointed in myself tbh

Notable absentee should be cheese. HSP is miles better without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back