Opinion Changes vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope you have some sturdy plastic mattress covers with the amount of bedwetting you're doing here.

You really think there's a strong pull to go and play for North at the moment? He's already been given some AFL games and is only in his second year on the list. Ken said in a radio interview the other day that his form is fine, but a bit disappointing against WWT. There's nothing wrong with demanding a consistent run of form before giving him a run at AFL.
Ken has his pets. Get your head out your arse you’d see. Atley has enough runs on the board to be given a crack right now when we’re to mids down. He’s the next best mid we have.

I reckon Atley should be watching heaps of tapes of how Boak goes about being a forward flanker/inside mid.

If he can add the forward part to his bow he'd have more of a chance of getting a game.

Totally agree & he does have a luring go home to play along side his brother factor. He’s been really solid for the Maggie’s . With two mids out you’d think they’d give him a decent crack. It’s irrational as much as the no ruck inclusions is. He may just look for more opportunities.

Snelling is also staking his claim with more than solid form with the B’s

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ken has his pets. Get your head out your arse you’d see. Atley has enough runs on the board to be given a crack right now when we’re to mids down. He’s the next best mid we have.
no I disagree, while I think Atley brings some really good attributes in getting the ball, his disposal - particularly by hand - can leave a lot to be deisred, puts team mates under pressure, until this area of his game improves 10-15% then he wont become the gun we all know he can be

With clubs now given the luxury of naming 4 emergencies, it is time to do away with the extended bench on Thursday night for Sunday+ games nonsense.
Its about publishing names in the AFL Record. They know people buy it to see who is playing, some keep score, and many dont like it when the players name isnt there.

Its about publishing names in the AFL Record. They know people buy it to see who is playing, some keep score, and many dont like it when the players name isnt there.

The squad of 26 can still be named REH, but with 18 on field, 4 interchange and 4 emergency. They will be the only blokes in line to play.

I can't think of any time in history when a club has made more than 2 late changes - if they did it was probably Ross Lyon tanking.

I reckon Atley should be watching heaps of tapes of how Boak goes about being a forward flanker/inside mid.

If he can add the forward part to his bow he'd have more of a chance of getting a game.

I’d be saying Dangerfield and Martin are they guys he should be watching, those guys are the best in the comp at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be saying Dangerfield and Martin are they guys he should be watching, those guys are the best in the comp at it.
Inside mid that spends time in the goal square (something SPP has done this year) is a bit different to being on the flank of the 50m arc like Boak.

I retract my comments earlier, these selections are actually not that bad.

I think my initial anger was getting hyped to see Pittard, SPP and Hayes, or at least two of those guys coming in, and then seeing none of them.

Hombsch is a good in.

Neade has been talked up as a player that will be better with more players to crumb, so I think he needs a run about at the feet of Watts & Marshall. Let's see how he goes.

I'd definitely have Pittard > Amon (and I don't think we would even need to play Pittard mid with Howard playing ruck), or Barry > Amon, or Atley > Amon, or maybe even Trengove or Snelling > Amon, but there really is no point bringing someone in and out for a game so there is an argument that we've committed to a second game when he didn't have an absolute shocker last week; said it before but I really hope he can prove me wrong and have a blinder that puts him on the map.

RossFC you have watched the last 3 SANFL games. Would you call Hombsch's form as irresistible??

That is what Ken called it in his presser today. I haven't noticed him in the best 3 or 4 players every week.

RossFC you have watched the last 3 SANFL games. Would you call Hombsch's form as irresistible??

That is what Ken called it in his presser today. I haven't noticed him in the best 3 or 4 players every week.

Can’t speak for the last three but he was definitely impressive last week. Had a ton of intercept marks.

His form has been building in an upwards trend and I'm happy he's in but yeah irresistible is a bit much.

week against glenelg went on milera when he had kicked 6 in a half and held him to one goal in the second half

For me:
Wk1 ok 3/5
Wk2 excellent 5/5
Wk3 Very good 4/5

From week 2 onwards, there has been a noticable intent and attitude change from Hombschy where he started being very attacking and trying to intercept, rather than just defend.

For me:
Wk1 ok 3/5
Wk2 excellent 5/5
Wk3 Very good 4/5

From week 2 onwards, there has been a noticable intent and attitude change from Hombschy where he started being very attacking and trying to intercept, rather than just defend.

Looking forward to see how Hombschy goes, extremely good at his best - one of the more under rated defenders, going back a few years when he got injured i remember Tredrea on MMM saying he is as important to us as Talia is to the crows. Hombchy was always the one who would go to Franklin, and has for the last few years been our best intercept markers, probably still is and will remain the best until Howard develops that part if his game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Changes vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back