Opinion Changes vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

People on here seem to have the memory of gold fish. Neade is terrible he brings absoluty nothing new too the team. Remember that trash game he played in the JLT. At his best he'll give a few tackles and maybe 2 points. His average will give us 2 tackles (he misses or gets flicked off more then he tackles) and maybe 5 disposals.

Unpopular opinion time: Powell-Pepper will struggle to get back into the side, because over the next few weeks Pittard, Rockliff and Ryder will be selected before him. In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t see him until after Shanghai.

Going out and getting smashed after a shit performance against Brisbane was a ****ing stupid thing for him to do.

Unpopular opinion time: Powell-Pepper will struggle to get back into the side, because over the next few weeks Pittard, Rockliff and Ryder will be selected before him. In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t see him until after Shanghai.

Going out and getting smashed after a shit performance against Brisbane was a ******* stupid thing for him to do.

This may be a possibility. It will depend on his form if we do indeed play him in the SANFL on Wednesday. If he's in good form there, they'll make room for him. I hope we don't go bringing him back in unless he truly earns it. Wasn't in great form before this rubbish - and you wonder if it wasn't because he was off doing exactly what he was up to Saturday night and getting paro eith regularity.

I wonder if Rockliff will come back through the 2s. Wouldn't be a bad option imo.

At his best he'll give a few tackles and maybe 2 points. His average will give us 2 tackles (he misses or gets flicked off more then he tackles) and maybe 5 disposals.

His career average for tackles is actually 3.6 tackles a game. At his best he'd certainly give more than a few tackles and 2 points seeing as he averages just under a goal a game and kicks far more goals than behinds.

He ended last year very strongly and has been in great form in the Maggies. Definitely earned a call up.

Going out and getting smashed after a shit performance against Brisbane was a ******* stupid thing for him to do.
I wouldn't call that unpopular. I'd probably call that close to the fact , he wasn't in flying form. Got ahead of himself I think.

So from our best 22, with everyone fit and in form, is missing Pittard, Ryder, Rockliff and SPP. Not ideal for only round 5.

Still I'm just glad we've brought in Hombsch so Howard can ruck without compromising the backlines completely. Of course having a ruck in so Howard is back would be better, but at least it's an improvement on the last two weeks. No SPP and no Rockliff has us light on for inside mids, Geelong's strength.

Still if we have Howard rucking most of the game, with Marshall getting up, then our three tall forward line should stretch Geelong's injury plagued defense enough to get us over the line.
Spot on Andre......and having Howard ruck, Homsch back also means Westhoff roams and Dixon stays forward.....good call if unexpected (by me anyway)
Neade I'm not a fan of, I just think he plays dump footy sometimes (more often than not!) despite his speed and pressure....but so be it.....
I'm thinking Danger will play a fair bit forward.....can we cover him?

His career average for tackles is actually 3.6 tackles a game. At his best he'd certainly give more than a few tackles and 2 points seeing as he averages just under a goal a game and kicks far more goals than behinds.

He ended last year very strongly and has been in great form in the Maggies. Definitely earned a call up.
Agree with all
But ssshhh you'll spoil the popular narrative

He did his best Amon impression. “I play for Ports Powers!”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My biggest knock on Polec is his extreme left sidedness. Frustrates the shit out of me and regularly gets him into trouble.

Frustrates me too. But I reckon he still somehow manages to get himself out of trouble more often than not, something he’s clearly needed to learn to do being so one sided.

Comfortable with these changes. I wanted a ruck but bringing in Hombsch to cover is the next best thing. Hopefully this will mean that Hoff can resume his roaming hobo role. And Neade has earned his opportunity.....I guess. Never seen him as best 22 but when you are 4-5 starters down then you call on your depth.

Neade actually makes the forward line more mobile whether he touches it or not

Maybe Neade will benefit from having Dixon, Marshall and Watts around to crumb off of rather than just Schulz or just Dixon which is what he’s had for most of his career?

For now I’m cautiously optimistic. But I reserve the right to melt if at any point on Saturday we see Dixon, Marshall or Watts on the wing kicking to Neade one out in the forward 50.

Nah. Pittard will come in for Houston, Ryder will come in for Hombsch/Clurey with Doogs going back into defence. Still leaves one of Amon or Neade to go out for SPP. Honestly I don’t think I’d be picking Rockliff before anyone until he gets his body right.

Maybe Neade will benefit from having Dixon, Marshall and Watts around to crumb off of rather than just Schulz or just Dixon which is what he’s had for most of his career?

For now I’m cautiously optimistic. But I reserve the right to melt if at any point on Saturday we see Dixon, Marshall or Watts on the wing kicking to Neade one out in the forward 50.

Nah. Pittard will come in for Houston, Ryder will come in for Hombsch/Clurey with Doogs going back into defence. Still leaves one of Amon or Neade to go out for SPP. Honestly I don’t think I’d be picking Rockliff before anyone until he gets his body right.
Yes, the club surely want to see how the fella goes, no longer having to play a third tall role.

Comfortable with these changes. I wanted a ruck but bringing in Hombsch to cover is the next best thing. Hopefully this will mean that Hoff can resume his roaming hobo role. And Neade has earned his opportunity.....I guess. Never seen him as best 22 but when you are 4-5 starters down then you call on your depth.

Yep we have to accept that there is no other ruck. Hombsch in is awesome though.

The Advertiser has some stats re Dixon, Westy and Howard in ruck. Howard easily beats them for hits to advantage, can see why he's our new ruck.

I like him as a ruckman until Ryder gets back now the coaches have done the right think and brought Hombsch in. Team balance restored. He’ll still get his chop out from Westhoff and Dixon.

I'll go unpopular opinion Rockliff needs to come back through the SANFL now, I didn't have a problem with the way he's been handled but the injury on top of a slow fitness & form build leads me to believe he needs to get a 30 plus possession game in the magoos to get a bit of a confidence spike before recall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Changes vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back