Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Your opinion on the kid is clear MD, as is mine. Agree to disagree and play on.

This is not an opinion comment mate

The kid has played a hand full of games and is injury every 2 weeks

To say he is important with that base is impossible

As it is to say Smith is also due to his history.

This is not an opinion comment mate

The kid has played a hand full of games and is injury every 2 weeks

To say he is important with that base is impossible

As it is to say Smith is also due to his history.
Jesse hogan has struggled with injury and played 1 game. Ask melbourne fans if he's important. Omeara just did his knee. Kinda important to Gold Coast. Young players being injured doesn't make them unimportant.

And Fronk won't be making further comment on hrovat in this thread. Happy Easter everyone.

Jesse hogan has struggled with injury and played 1 game. Ask melbourne fans if he's important. Omeara just did his knee. Kinda important to Gold Coast. Young players being injured doesn't make them unimportant.

And Fronk won't be making further comment on hrovat in this thread. Happy Easter everyone.
Fairies muff

Hogan had more impact in his first game than Hrovat has had in any of his, O'Meara was called the best player in the comp (potentially I think) by T Watson, I don't recall anyone saying that about Hrovat. Hogan and O'Meara were also talked up based on their junior work which was elite (like Boyd who is a key part of our premiership tilt), and that is far and beyond Hrovat. When fit Hogan and O'Meara are among the first picked, Hrovat can't seem to get a regular game.

Look he might be a good player, just haven't seen what all the fuss is about him, his ceiling seems to be a B/B+ Grade player based on exposed form. Hope he can get into the team and prove me wrong.

Are we ever going to see roughead play an extended time up forward? I think we could get away with it this game.

Roughead is the perfect match up for Griffiths.

He is also great for Bev's plan of coming off your man and going third man up to help out other defenders due to his height.

I think his fate as a defender is sealed.

Haven't read though all of the last 11 pages but I would be reluctant to make changes. Apologies if I repeat what someone else may have already said.

Hrovat and Hunter may have played one good game at VFL but earning a place in a winning team takes more than one good VFL game. Playing them this week based on that premiss is NOT earning a spot. Sometimes I'm from the school of tough love and Hunter in particular needs to sweat it out in the 2's for at least another week for just being a douche and having a betting account that his mate can access in the first place (I know he missed round 1 for a separate incident and that the betting incident was an honest mistake). It was just stupid to allow himself to be put in that position, and for that reason he misses again for mine. We need to maintain the team first culture that has evolved this off season.

Redpath was ordinary however I'd only drop him if it was necessary to bring in better support for Minson in the Ruck.

Mate, it might be time to piss off back to your own board if your going to keep up this shit. My opinion was based purely around the fact that one of your clowns made out like he was seasoned veteran that nobody's ever kicked a goal on, then you make out like he'd be our best defender. Yes he's an honest player that's done well in some games. Don't think for one second that we're ever going to agree wholeheartedly or not take the piss out of someone coming here spilling this dribble.
Funnily enough he pretty much played like that last year before his injury. I think the only forward that managed to get on top of him was King Brown during his milestone game, his scalps included Cloke 0, Roughead 1 and Hawkins 0 goals. It's rude to say he'd be your best defender but people saying he's crap as a defender are ignorant of what he put up last year. He played really well in the VFL practise match after recovering from the stingray injury so I would think we'll bring him in and play him on Boyd, then allow Chaplin to roam around the backline as he pleases.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-3-v-bulldogs-this-should-be-a-walkover.1055587/

^ That's what they did last year, wouldn't get too involved in their predictions.
That was the banter thread, of course it's going to be a laugh, in fact we have one this year that you should all come join! It's more an extension of the one we started during our preseason game but it's there if anyone wants to come take some pot shots at us:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...-porkroll-free-food-poisoning.1088550/page-32

Our preview thread is completely open for general discussion/questions/chat but obviously I ask that you direct your banter in the above thread to keep the two separate. Thanks everyone :)

No change for mine.

We are a lot better side than the disrespectful Tigers supporters give us credit for... but Richmond will deserve to start as favorites. I give us a big chance of upsetting them if they aren't prepared to work hard both ways though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure Richmond haven't won a final for 14 years but they are still a powerhouse of the comp, if the team gets within 10 goals of this premiership contender everyone should be thrilled and hopefully the team get a bit closer in round 3 to a lesser team in Hawthorn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look he might be a good player, just haven't seen what all the fuss is about him, his ceiling seems to be a B/B+ Grade player based on exposed form. Hope he can get into the team and prove me wrong.
So a short 2nd rounder isn't as good as kids who were picked before the first pick in each of their respective draft years?

Well bugger me.

All supporters are delusional in many respects. Tiger fans are not top 3 in those stakes but I see that some of their fans want to try and get there.

So without trying to be confrontational, the outcry in here is over supporters on our board predicting 5-10 goal wins?

What is the consensus in here about predicted outcomes of this match?

That supporters overrate their teams and underrate the opposition. We also still remember how your board was expecting to destroy us last season then got beat.

So without trying to be confrontational, the outcry in here is over supporters on our board predicting 5-10 goal wins?

No outcry, just a humorous observation. You guys are deserved favourites, the line is around 3 goals which is fair.

I think were a real chance here. Confidence is up and if we play with that same pressure wouldn't be surprised to see Richmond crumble. The G should suit our new plan and leaves us plenty of space up forward for all our tall targets, but if we let the Tiges do what WCE did at times through the middle of the ground it could get ugly. Knowing what Bevs like I'm assuming that will be a huge focus for us all week though and we should do a bit better.

The changes are tough for mine as I like the hardness Goodes provides but I don't think were really lacking in that regard and Hrovat offers us more offensively IMO and of course has more upside (although I'm like the 'pick the best team to win on the day' mantra, but even still I reckon Hrovat provides just as much as Goodes). If we have Hrovat in for Goodes and Grant starting with Honey sub I just think the team is already improved on last week by a bit.

Think Richmond should be 2 - 4 goal favorites. Despite our losses in terms of players such as Griffen, Cooney, Higgins and Libba with injury, our structures, depth and ability to hurt on the scoreboard have all dramatically improved. Yes we lost key names but our former gameplan was so reliant on those players, thats what created the false idea that without Griffen and Libba we were stuffed. But now we have so many players roling through different positions we aren't as reliant on our top 5 players as such. Players like Jong, Dickson, Johannisen, Wallis, Grant etc all players who probably never will be A graders are all providing more input by being given more opportunity.

Also I think the tigers are a bit on the slow side (looked a bit quicker against the blues) though, so it may be an area we catch you out and may give us the opportunity to push you blokes. But the one major difference in our game over the offseason is that I believe we will be able to stop the KPF's more regularly than we were last year. This one on one defensive mantra we had last year got all our undersized KPD's absolutely slaughtered when they are all better at intercepting the ball instead. Hence why Kennedy didn't kick ten against us on the weekend like he usually does.

You certainly are favorites though but I don't think we will lose by any more than 30 odd points at worse. And if we managed a win it won't be much.

I would only look at Redpath and Goodes to be honest. I would also replace Honey with Grant as the sub. I guess I would be loathe to replace Redpath as he seemed to be trying really hard and seemed to be really hard on himself, suggesting a confidence issue over anything else, and Cordy didn't play this weekend. Talia was good enough to stay in I thought even though Roberts was BoG with Hrovat (who is the man to come in for Goodes).

Goodes blocking and contested work was really good. Disposal not great but team work was first rate. No one else can offer us that from the names suggested. Without wallis & Boyd, we have no one else like that until Smith & Libba are back. Until then I would be surprised if we made a change this week apart from grant for the whole game for Honeychurch.
Inside Teamwork can develop with younger players and perhaps we need goodes to be teaching this in the vfl. Agree he isn't up to afl level disposal wise but he brings other aspects that we are not great at.

I would only look at Redpath and Goodes to be honest. I would also replace Honey with Grant as the sub. I guess I would be loathe to replace Redpath as he seemed to be trying really hard and seemed to be really hard on himself, suggesting a confidence issue over anything else, and Cordy didn't play this weekend. Talia was good enough to stay in I thought even though Roberts was BoG with Hrovat (who is the man to come in for Goodes).

I wouldn't replace Redpath for two reasons. Structurally speaking he's important because it shuffles around tall defenders and he was still getting to and impacting contests even if things weren't quite going his way. More than you can say about Jones.

Goodes blocking and contested work was really good. Disposal not great but team work was first rate. No one else can offer us that from the names suggested. Without wallis & Boyd, we have no one else like that until Smith & Libba are back. Until then I would be surprised if we made a change this week apart from grant for the whole game for Honeychurch.
Inside Teamwork can develop with younger players and perhaps we need goodes to be teaching this in the vfl. Agree he isn't up to afl level disposal wise but he brings other aspects that we are not great at.

I still wouldn't remove Goodes until we have a bigger body ready to replace him. Ideal one would be Smith but Stevens could do in a pinch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back