Willem Dafoe Smile GIF
Tim And Eric Smile GIF

Pick 2: Aaron Cadman - because he's tall
Pick 20: Lachlan Cowan - because he is the HBF'er most likely to become a mid
Pick 26: Harry Lemmey - wing potential
Pick 38: Jackson Broadbent - because he is taller than Cadman and Lemmey

209227.jpg

Ok ............. I will give it a go.

Pick 02: George Wardlaw Oakleigh Chargers. 182 cm 82 kg ...caveat the medical of those dame hamstrings, need to first win me over.

I reckon one of these three slide out of the first round Henry Hustwaite, Ollie Hotton and the most likely Mitch Szybokski.
Am assuming both Hewett and Ginbey are well gone.

Pick 20: Mitch Szybokski. 186 cm 84 kg Dandenong Stringrays. Think Jhye Clark light. Mr Consistent would team up well with his midfield mate - Jye Culley.
Pick 26: Harry Barnett. 202 cm 93 kg. West Adelaide. Good young ruck KPP prospect, sticky hands and great mark, either in intercept or attacking option.
PicK 38: Coby Burgiel. 183cm 76 kg. Gippsland Power. The prototype that ROB & Co love Smart plays multiple positions kicks goals and racks up possessions.

Other names that I feel are very RO'B & Co type picks, that could come into consideration at 38 are.

Jakob Ryan. 189 cm 77 kg Glenelg. Is one that I think is very under ratted, already regularly playing league for Glenelg, both an attacking and close checking HBF that plays taller than his 189, he is very clean, reads the play well and wins the one on ones most times.

One from left field that could come into play, is Kaleb Smith. 181cm 77 kg. East Fremantle. Think Jordan Clark from The Unwashed.
He has speed and the run and carry, thats currently sought after, from an attacking HBF, kid also has pretty good foot skills.
Yeah would love Mitch Szybokski.... you reckon he'll slide? Lack of exposed form?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just posted the below in another thread. Welcome to debate any of it.

There's only 1 midfielder on talent in this draft at this stage worth pick 2 and he's had 4 hamstring injuries since the start of preseason and in the games he's played he has had games similar to JHF in regards to lack of production. If he loses his explosiveness and high flying because of the hamstrings he will become the next Chris Masten or a bust. Just remember Masten was a ******* exceptional kick as a junior he just failed on the decision making front until 4-5 years of development.

That's this draft imo.

There's a forward/mid who wouldn't have gotten drafted ahead of Rachele last year in Sheezel

There's a Key Defender who although different is on par maybe slightly ahead of Gibcus last year.

None of the key forwards are anywhere near the class of Amiss

Tsatas isn't on the level of Callaghan, doesn't have the penetration or precision of kicking. Has also already had a stress fracture injury to his feet.

Hewett is similar to Erasmus, i'd say better kicking but lower production

Ward is a level above the second tier of Midfield talent which all really fits into the 10-20 bracket of last years draft imo.

Phillipou has back issues but has a really high ceiling and if fully fit all year would be a top 2 pick but back issues in a junior who hasn't had a huge growth spurt is a major turn off. It's a huge red flag even though he is the only other mid prospect at or above the level of Ward. Or he's a week older, recovers from the back issue and is a top 3 rated pick next year.....

Humphrey wasn't huge on radars until he came back from injury but then promptly did an ACL.

Jhye Clark is like Andrew Brayshaw lite. His kicking isn't as good and he isn't a real standout.

There are no true standout HBF prospects like last year

There is no-one with the outside class of Wanganeen-Milera

So someone please ******* tell me why we should value pick 2 and think that player is going to be our saviour. If the offer comes through we are so much better off ******* splitting it, it's beyond belief. There's some really safe B+ picks imo but the top 10 of this draft is looking really ******* uninspiring especially considering our needs. If GC offered us their first this year and next for pick 2 and our second rounder next year i'd be jumping in a ******* heartbeat. Same with the Hawks. If GWS offered us the best pick they get from their trades plus their future first for pick 2 again, done in a heartbeat.

Yeah would love Mitch Szybokski.... you reckon he'll slide? Lack of exposed form?
He has been tarred and feathered with the vanilla/lack of x-factor tag. Adam D'Aloia has been hit with the same tag. But both of them are really good inside midfielders which is exactly what we need. They tackle hard, win clearances and getting 1 of them in the second round would be great.

Would probably go the shizzle at 2 if we could land Szybokski as well. Haven't seen much but is he a bit like Caleb serong?

Just posted the below in another thread. Welcome to debate any of it.

There's only 1 midfielder on talent in this draft at this stage worth pick 2 and he's had 4 hamstring injuries since the start of preseason and in the games he's played he has had games similar to JHF in regards to lack of production. If he loses his explosiveness and high flying because of the hamstrings he will become the next Chris Masten or a bust. Just remember Masten was a ******* exceptional kick as a junior he just failed on the decision making front until 4-5 years of development.

That's this draft imo.

There's a forward/mid who wouldn't have gotten drafted ahead of Rachele last year in Sheezel

There's a Key Defender who although different is on par maybe slightly ahead of Gibcus last year.

None of the key forwards are anywhere near the class of Amiss

Tsatas isn't on the level of Callaghan, doesn't have the penetration or precision of kicking. Has also already had a stress fracture injury to his feet.

Hewett is similar to Erasmus, i'd say better kicking but lower production

Ward is a level above the second tier of Midfield talent which all really fits into the 10-20 bracket of last years draft imo.

Phillipou has back issues but has a really high ceiling and if fully fit all year would be a top 2 pick but back issues in a junior who hasn't had a huge growth spurt is a major turn off. It's a huge red flag even though he is the only other mid prospect at or above the level of Ward. Or he's a week older, recovers from the back issue and is a top 3 rated pick next year.....

Humphrey wasn't huge on radars until he came back from injury but then promptly did an ACL.

Jhye Clark is like Andrew Brayshaw lite. His kicking isn't as good and he isn't a real standout.

There are no true standout HBF prospects like last year

There is no-one with the outside class of Wanganeen-Milera

So someone please ******* tell me why we should value pick 2 and think that player is going to be our saviour. If the offer comes through we are so much better off ******* splitting it, it's beyond belief. There's some really safe B+ picks imo but the top 10 of this draft is looking really ******* uninspiring especially considering our needs. If GC offered us their first this year and next for pick 2 and our second rounder next year i'd be jumping in a ******* heartbeat. Same with the Hawks. If GWS offered us the best pick they get from their trades plus their future first for pick 2 again, done in a heartbeat.
Did Humphrey do his acl on the weekend? As he had 26 disposals in the first round of finals.

Humfrey did his knee a couple weekends ago

Sorry to keep you in suspense but Eastcoasteagle Monocle and AsterixTheGaul have had the September Draft AGM

Far too pissed to lodge the minutes as I’ve been from South Melbourne to North Fitzroy. Lubrication along the way was required.

Needless to say I will post on Monday about the input we will be giving BOND 007 to pass to the Pieman,

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back