Toast Collingwood - the fastest rebuild ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Relax, you beat Fremantle who actually did rebuild.
Hilaruous this topic winds you up so much

1na0ci.jpg

Sorry Miocheck and WHE are 29 with Miocheck starting next year at 30.

Hardly a rebuilding team.

God forbid any club has players nearing 30. Quick lets cut anyone over 25 , like Dees of 2010s , howd that pan out for you

Geelong will potentially win this year with a grandpa list , is that the new trick

God forbid any club has players nearing 30. Quick lets cut anyone over 25 , like Dees of 2010s , howd that pan out for you

Geelong will potentially win this year with a grandpa list , is that the new trick

Why so defensive?

No one is having a crack at Collingwood I’m pointing out it’s not a rebuild. Their list is at a stage is should be contending and it is.

Why so defensive?

No one is having a crack at Collingwood I’m pointing out it’s not a rebuild. Their list is at a stage is should be contending and it is.

Not defensive, Just you seem so hell bent on age being related to a rebuild , which shows you dont have a clue. Why are you so defensive

So Daicos Johnson Lipinski equals rebuild.

Ok

Pies aren't claiming a rebuild on the field. Rejuvenated is probably a better word. Rebuild off the field new faces on the board, new pres, new football GM, new coach, new coaching panel, new head of fitness

Clubs nothing like it was at end of 2020 despite us winning a final, much better spot now.

Our off field was atrocious

On field we are pretty steady and blooding youngsters, we don't have an out and out star every week we rely on, so phasing out the older guys won't be an issue.

I am still in the not a rebuild stance, but **** me i am loving this.

Went last night and it was unreal, the atmosphere was crazy and i am def turning them into one of my favourites.

So many good supporters i dealt with, the gameplan is exciting and the players/coaching staff i am a huge fan of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Daicos Johnson Lipinski equals rebuild.

Ok
Daicos x2
Ginnivan
Johnson
McReery
Quaynor
Murphy
Lipinski
Bianco
Carmichael

Were in the SF team, all new blood

With Henry, Macrae, McInnes, Kreuger, Poulter other kids who have been given a crack in last year.

And our best players now are DeGoey, Moore and Maynard.

Daicos x2
Ginnivan
Johnson
McReery
Quaynor
Murphy
Lipinski
Bianco
Carmichael

Were in the SF team, all new blood

With Henry, Macrae, McInnes, Kreuger, Poulter other kids who have been given a crack in last year.

And our best players now are DeGoey, Moore and Maynard.
Agree.

But Elliott, Pendles and Howe have been immense.

All will feature come B and F night.

Agree.

But Elliott, Pendles and Howe have been immense.

All will feature come B and F night.
Elliott has been the finisher, but missed a big block which will hurt in terms of BnF.

Howe, nup a down year from him.

Pendles more likely top5, when he has been a podium lock for a decade.

Crisp, J.Daicos and Maynard my tip at end of H&A top3.

Even that is a changing of the guard from 18-19.

I just disagree with the idea that because we have club legends like Pendles and Sidey still contributing that we cant be rebuilding, of course we can.

Just looked at the changes from the 2020 SF to the 2022 QF. Both had 8 changes. 2 of Collingwood's changes were mature clear best 22 guys coming back from injury so only 6 actually new best 22 players. The inclusions for each:

Collingwood: Sidebottom, Howe, N Daicos, Ginnivan, McCreery, Johnson, Murphy, Lipinski

Geelong: Smith, Cameron, Atkins, Close, De Koning, Z Guthrie, Holmes, Stengle

For comparison Richmond had 7 changes from the 2020 GF to 2022 EF. Brisbane had 9 changes from the 2020 PF to the 2022 EF.

Nobody would suggest Richmond, Geelong or Brisbane have rebuilt in that time. Why would anyone say Collingwood has? The club has done a great job getting their best players back fit and in form after a dire year and added a sprinkling of new players like all clubs do but it's not a rebuild.

Just looked at the changes from the 2020 SF to the 2022 QF. Both had 8 changes. 2 of Collingwood's changes were mature clear best 22 guys coming back from injury so only 6 actually new best 22 players. The inclusions for each:

Collingwood: Sidebottom, Howe, N Daicos, Ginnivan, McCreery, Johnson, Murphy, Lipinski

Geelong: Smith, Cameron, Atkins, Close, De Koning, Z Guthrie, Holmes, Stengle

For comparison Richmond had 7 changes from the 2020 GF to 2022 EF. Brisbane had 9 changes from the 2020 PF to the 2022 EF.

Nobody would suggest Richmond, Geelong or Brisbane have rebuilt in that time. Why would anyone say Collingwood has? The club has done a great job getting their best players back fit and in form after a dire year and added a sprinkling of new players like all clubs do but it's not a rebuild.
I think people are mistaking Collingwood’s off-field rebuild (new board members, President, recruitment team, head coach and assistants) with a sprinkle of replenishment on-field (Greenwood, Mayne, Madgen, Roughead, Thomas and replacing Treloar/Stephenson) with a full blown traditional rebuild.

The place is completely different to how it was in 2020 to this year.

We’ve also added some hungry, and talented youngsters in place of those older players mentioned above.

I don't buy into the 'rebuild' there, they played in a grand final less than 5 years ago and had one bad year in 2021 where they finished in the bottom few.

Suggesting it was some sort of miracle is a different story though, the nucleus of a good side was still there. 10 players from that 2018 grand final played on the weekend, not ground breaking stuff they've redeemed themselves on the back of a 'soft' bottom 6 draw.

Kudos to MacCrae and co though, they've done a fantastic job.

I don't buy into the 'rebuild' there, they played in a grand final less than 5 years ago and had one bad year in 2021 where they finished in the bottom few.

Suggesting it was some sort of miracle is a different story though, the nucleus of a good side was still there. 10 players from that 2018 grand final played on the weekend, not ground breaking stuff they've redeemed themselves on the back of a 'soft' bottom 6 draw.

Kudos to MacCrae and co though, they've done a fantastic job.
We had one of the tougher draws of any of the top 8 sides this year.

Heck, even Geelong, who finished top 4 last year, got to play WCE and North twice. We got them once each and went 1-1 in those 2 games.

I think people are mistaking Collingwood’s off-field rebuild (new board members, President, recruitment team, head coach and assistants) with a sprinkle of replenishment on-field (Greenwood, Mayne, Madgen, Roughead, Thomas and replacing Treloar/Stephenson) with a full blown traditional rebuild.

The place is completely different to how it was in 2020 to this year.

We’ve also added some hungry, and talented youngsters in place of those older players mentioned above.
Yeah I think that's a fair comment that the changes off field have been bigger than on field at least in terms of personnel. There isn't Eddie putting his foot in it with comments about racism or massive noise about Treloar, Stephenson, etc being forced out due to salary cap stuff. Compare the Grundy situation which has had no bitterness as far as I'm aware to the Treloar situation. Everyone seems ok the same page much more now.

At the same time a gun kid walks through the door, Pendlebury and Sidebottom both look rejuvenated and De Goey is finally living up to the hype consistently. Overall there aren't any obvious weaknesses in the side (key forward but Elliott covers some of that) and with De Goey, Pendlebury, Moore and Elliott in super form it's a really good team.

I am still in the not a rebuild stance, but * me i am loving this.

Went last night and it was unreal, the atmosphere was crazy and i am def turning them into one of my favourites.

So many good supporters i dealt with, the gameplan is exciting and the players/coaching staff i am a huge fan of.
Dominic03 (Hawthorn supporter) - wish there were more unbiased AFL loving supporters like you who simply love our game and all the good things that go with it which includes the Magpies sensational and totally unpredictable year, never seen anything like it but bloody hell it gets the heart pumping and so good for the game.

Dominic03 (Hawthorn supporter) - wish there were more unbiased AFL loving supporters like you who simply love our game and all the good things that go with it which includes the Magpies sensational and totally unpredictable year, never seen anything like it but bloody hell it gets the heart pumping and so good for the game.
Absolutely. Unreal year and a ridiculously entertaining gameplan and group. Coaching staff are awesome and the fans are for the most part passionate and top notch, the type of fan base that is the definition of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Collingwood - the fastest rebuild ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back