Game Day Collingwood v Essendon The G 3.20pm Sunday 24 July 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect Murphy knocked over Kelly who did 2 hammies in the process

Callum is still spinning in circles waiting to execute his order
What the hell is My Oh My?

Danger game. In recent years Essendon have a habit of losing winnable games early in the season and winning games they should lose late in the H&A season.

The nervous Nellies among us (myself included) keep saying I am worried about this game for every game we played recently but we have continued to win, winning like losing is a habit you can get into and it,s a great thing to have.

There are 2 ways of looking at close wins,one is we are not much better than the teams we are facing and I think this is true but it also confirms the group are very resilient and increasingly so, the thing with a small win as opposed to winning big does not lead to complacency.
I am happy every week to go in as underdogs just as long as the team turns up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big sliding doors game. Huge. Win: almost certain to make finals. Lose: I think we're slightly more likely to miss.

I have this game as a genuine 50:50 and give our opponents the edge in all remaining games. Any Essendon game should always be considered as a danger and when team strength is anywhere close to even, as it is today, a close game should be expected.

We've been good this season, but have not often put together a full game of quality attack and defence. Our scoring feels like it's taken a fairly big dip from earlier in the year. Being smashed in centre clearances is part of this. Gives our opponent easy scores and takes them from us. McRae has acknowledged our clearance work needs to improve, and let's hope it does.

At the moment I consider us to be down three A graders: JDG, Grundy, Crisp (has not missed, but down from his best). As a team not overly blessed with top end talent this is hard to deal with. It means we have not been able to out talent any team for a long time. We've needed to out work and out last them instead.

The return of Adams is very welcome. His tenacity and hardness will definitely help us in the middle. He's not had the best season, but is very important to how we play.

Some things I want to see:
  • Crisp back to form/fitness/elan
  • N.Daicos solid despite extra attention
  • AJ to build on his debut and kick 3/4
  • Adams to lead from the front with 5+ clearances
  • Ginnivan to give up the dairy and just play the game. He'll be better for it
  • Mason to pull out one of his rippers. Perfect conditions for him. Sun's out, big game, big crowd
  • A win. No matter how or by how much, just do it.

How do you do this? Pharmaceuticals?
Honestly, no ****ing idea. I’m just wired so weird these days. From a previous job, I became very desensitized to footy and that has always remained. But I love it again, which is good.

Up the pies! 50+ thrashing would be nice. Definitely a danger game and a game we can’t really afford to drop. Hoping gin gin can have a big day out !

Kick their asses boys, it would be a happy ending to my weekend!! get it done!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

IF it looks like a nice cruisy game with us in control, I have a nice 20% THC Hybrid.

If it looks like another ****ing close one I have a 30% THC Indica ready to put me in marshmallow mode. My heart cannot take more close ones I want to relax on the weekends haha.

IF it looks like a nice cruisy game with us in control, I have a nice 20% THC Hybrid.

If it looks like another ******* close one I have a 30% THC Indica ready to put me in marshmallow mode. My heart cannot take more close ones I want to relax on the weekends haha.
Have ya got any 100% for me if we make another GF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back