2nds Collingwood vs. Frankston Sunday 1st July Victoria Park at 1:00 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

1/2 Time

Collingwood 3.9 (27) to Frankson 3.5 (23)

Goals:
Collingwood: Clarke, Witts, Ugle
Frankson: Clark, Martin, Haretuku

Marty Clarke is heading towards a BOG if he continues. Class above at this level, although with the 5 day break if he comes back to seniors vs Carlton, it's unlikely he'll play. Set that goal up for himself, getting the ball from half back, passed it off, kept running, recieved at half forward and drilled it home.

The rain has gotten heavier in that quarter. Will be a very low scoring game.

We really let them through that quarter. Could cost us, we've missed some shots we should've gotten, although around 4-5 were rushed. A few hit the post too.

Stats:
DISPOSALS:
16 - Clarke
12 - Seedsman, Young
10 - Stubbs, Thomas
8 - Ferraro, Hellier, Pendlebury
7 - Cribbin, Riddle, Rounds, Wallace, Witts
MARKS:
4 - Ceglar, Clarke, Wallace
3 - Riddle, Seedsman, Sundberg

HITOUTS
16 - Wood
7 - Witts
3 - Ceglar

Frankston are in this Game,

Our 2nd QTRS always Suck
Don't worry Dave, the second quarter is out of the way now.

I'm not at the game, weather turned me off.;)

Sounds as if Clarke is playing well though, good to see, no matter what anyone thinks of him he adds to our depth at half back, that's for sure.

Quarter time.

Pies 2-6-16
Frankston 1-0-6

Not raining but still wet. Makes the game pretty miserable. Were dominating but not converting.

Yagmoor had a bit but kicking has been off. Ugle been around a lot. Wood has been ok but not a day for tall men.

Not a tall team and no forward line apart from witts and wood.

Don't worry Dave, the second quarter is out of the way now.

I'm not at the game, weather turned me off.;)

Sounds as if Clarke is playing well though, good to see, no matter what anyone thinks of him he adds to our depth at half back, that's for sure.

Well that is good to know that I am not the only one the Weather turned off the game. Bit far to go in the Rain to watch the 2nds

Pies dominating but not converting

Clarke killing them, Seedsman showing a bit, Woods doing very well in the conditions and Ceglar doing alright in the wet at FF.

JT working his way into the game

In miserable condition pies have kicked the last three and have doubled Dolphins score. midway through the third.

3/4 Time:

Collingwood 7.10 (52) to Frankston 4.6 (30)

Goals:
Collingwood: Clarke 2, Stubbs, Ferraro, Wood, Witts, Ugle
Frankson: Martin 2, Clark, Haretuku

Great kick by Farmer gets Wood, who's all alone in our 50 and kicks the goal in the opening minutes. Very good play.

Clarke's having a ripper, intercepted a Frankston kickin and then goalled, under a lot of pressure from the Frankston defense.

Should have this wrapped up now.. Frankston will have to kick 4 against the flow in the last quarter to get the win.

Witts is having a great day out, for a big man, should be in the bests IMO. Wood is having a great day in the ruck too.

Seedsman has had a great day too, should also be in the bests. Getting in and setting up a lot of our goals.

STATS:
DISPOSALS:
27 - Clarke
21 - Seedsman, Young
17 - Pendlebury
15 - Rounds
14 - Stubbs
13 - Thomas, Ferraro
12 - Cribbin
11 - Smith, Sundberg
10 - Hellier

MARKS
6 - Wallace
5 - Sundberg

HITOUTS
24 - Wood
12 - Witts
3 - Ceglar

Clarke with 27 possessions and 2 goals, and it's only 3/4 time.:eek:

Well done Marty, he didn't go back and sook about being dropped like some had said, instead he looks like leading the VFL boys to a much needed win.:)

Clarke with 27 possessions and 2 goals, and it's only 3/4 time.:eek:

Well done Marty, he didn't go back and sook about being dropped like some had said, instead he looks like leading the VFL boys to a much needed win.:)

Agree Matty Clarke has gone back and worked hard and should come in for Buckley

Well for once i was going to stay for the whole match but again left at 3 quarter time for 2 reasons
i) if you dont live in melbourne, let me explain what today is like - i wore to the ground: thermals, 2 jumpers, 3/4 length coat, gortex jacket, beanie and gloves...and had to leave b/c toes going numb
...have no idea how players doing it - esp spoils - they must kill today
ii) umpiring - how many times it appeared as if an ump would give a free to clear congestion...that just wasnt there.
Add this to the decision at 3 quearter time when Yagmoor was tackled, lost the ball then tackled the guy who had it...and they pinged yags for holding the ball!!!

Player review
Wood - though he was really good
Witts - great endeavor - twice in 3rd
- once frankston looked like they were going to clear it and Witts chased, dived and held ball up
- big mark one on two to set up a goal for Stubbs
Ceglar - just kept presenting - and fantastic pick up in 3rd
Rounds - ive had enough. one time when he should have given first option handpass to pendles and he was sooo lucky to get a free kick - next, he takes a good mark in defence and then kicks it to...2 of their players
Marty - just fantastic
Seeds - so good - beautiful run and carry - and his kicking at pace is great - esp kick to Ugle in 1st - he has something this kid
Ugle - could be so good but needs to be much cleaner - some one takes would be great
Yags - someone needs to grab this kid by the collar and give him a shake - seriously, the guy could be such an asset but he just cruises around and i dont think he goes hard enough - and when it's his turn to go...he doesnt - a bit soft
Young - gets lots off it but too many fumbles
Cribbin - doesnt get enough of it and too many fumbles
Farmer - he demands the ball and then doesnt go hard enough when other players honour his lead

I though our VLF boys were great today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ii) umpiring - how many times it appeared as if an ump would give a free to clear congestion...that just wasnt there.
Add this to the decision at 3 quearter time when Yagmoor was tackled, lost the ball then tackled the guy who had it...and they pinged yags for holding the ball!!!

The Umpiring in the VFL is Disgusting and we always get the Raw end of the Stick

FINAL SCORE:

Collingwood 10.14 (74) defeated Frankston 7.10 (52)

Goals:
Collingwood: Ferraro 2, Clarke 2, Cathcart, Thomas, Stubbs, Wood, Witts, Ugle
Frankson: Haretuku 2, Martin 2, Kitchen, Marusic, Clark

Frankston were good in that quarter, very lucky for us they didn't convert some of their opportunities! Then when it counted for us, we did! We got 7 goals since half time. Ripping effort!

JOSH THOMAS GOAL FROM 50! Just the reward we were after from good work in our back half. He's having a good game too, wouldn't be in the bests, but it's promising the pressure he's putting on.

Witts rammed the goal posts after attempting to mark the ball, appears sore, but OK.

Cathcart deserved that goal, took a great mark. Pays it back after missing on the siren at quarter time.

YES! Finally we get another win on the board! Next week is a winnable game against Williamstown!

FINAL STATS:
DISPOSALS:
31 - Clarke
28 - Young
26 - Seedsman
24 - Pendlebury
20 - Sundberg
19 - Wallace
18 - Cribbin
17 - Hellier, Smith, Thomas

MARKS:
7 - Sundberg, Pendlebury
6 - Cathcart, Clarke, Wallace
5 - Ceglar, Ferraro, Riddle, Seedsman, Smith
HITOUTS:
33 - Wood
16 - Witts
3 - Ceglar

Outside of our traditional second quarter lull, it was a committed effort from start to finish by the lads today in really tough conditions. Granted the opposition wasn't all that flash, but we managed to string possessions together and our switch and transition - even with a wet ball - was much improved.

Marty Clarke was outstanding, just looked a class above. I think a few of us were a little concerned when he was returning as to how he'd go a second time around, if he'd pick the game up as well as his first journey here. Today, more than any other player on the field, he looked an AFL player who was determined to get back to where he belongs. Terrific game Marty, was really constructive and played a massive hand in our win.

Seedsman is another who was damaging and worked hard all day, solid four quarter performance. Runs hard to get into space and then always looks to make the most of that space once he receives the ball. Always sends the ball to dangerous positions, great depth in his kicking and he looks to dictate where players lead to when delivering. Threw himself into the fray in close as well, wasn't an entirely outside game although given his skill set he's a player you don't mind having in that role.

Young also very productive, his contested work is continually improving and he would have racked up a few clearances today. Josh Thomas working back into it nicely, not as productive as a few of our players but on more than one occasion he demonstrated why many are hopeful of his future if he can stay on the park. His first few steps are very quick (good to see he hasn't lost that burst) and he manages to find the smallest of gaps to break through, opening the game up for us more than once.

That goal in the last was also a nice touch, repeat efforts and he got on the end of it.

Was pleased with Ceglar as well, churned out lead after lead after lead on a day not kind to big men. His field kicking is quite good, picked good options and always put the ball to our advantage. Unlucky not to finish with a goal in the last, he certainly deserved it.

I'll have the full player review up within the next day or two, still thawing out as I type this now. I agree with others who mentioned the umpiring, some of the calls today were perplexing.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Collingwood vs. Frankston Sunday 1st July Victoria Park at 1:00 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back