Game Day Collingwood vs Richmond - Sunday 28th July 2024 - 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly a typo, it specifically said Richards was omitted and he was not in the emergencies. The club has brought him in from outside of the squad. I expect a please explain will be coming from the AFL.
Yeah, that is indeed weird, and concerning. Why would we have omitted JR from the squad if we needed him should JDG not come up??

Yikes. so we're a 38% chance of winning then?
This is an example of conditional probabilty.
Pr (Collingwood defeats Carlton next week given that Collingwood steamrolls Richmond this week) = 0.5
Pr (Collingwood defeats Carlton next week given that Collingwood loses to Richmond this week) = 0.01 (corrected to two decimal places).

Think Cox will enormously assist in our midfield strength by:
a) obstructing their young inexperienced ruckman, which should give us more opportunity to win the clearance game
b) giving DC a much needed break, so when he plays as main ruckman, he is a rejuvenated man

I think the addition of Cox, in terms of team structure and balance, is huge.

With Degoey out, and no Mitchell I really hope that Macrae tries Maynard in the middle. Crisp is great, but apart from him, Long looks slow (even if he is big) and we lack on ballers who can win the hard ball. This is where I feel like Maynard would really give us that spark in the middle we need. Throw Naicos to half back. WHE can play Maynard’s role, and keep Howe back as we need leadership and intercept marking down there

a) obstructing their young inexperienced ruckman, which should give us more opportunity to win the clearance game
b) giving DC a much needed break, so when he plays as main ruckman, he is a rejuvenated man

Agree with this. It also allows us not to lose the ball to opposition intercept markers 90% of the time when trying to rebound out of our D50 too if he can 50/50 it to mark or bring it down to ground level

With Degoey out, and no Mitchell I really hope that Macrae tries Maynard in the middle. Crisp is great, but apart from him, Long looks slow (even if he is big) and we lack on ballers who can win the hard ball. This is where I feel like Maynard would really give us that spark in the middle we need. Throw Naicos to half back. WHE can play Maynard’s role, and keep Howe back as we need leadership and intercept marking down there
Hearing Long might be the sub. Not sure if JDG out changes that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge game today, as it's now a must win, considering the results so far this round have helped us. With both Melbourne, Essendon and even the Suns losing, has given us a real opportunity to stay relevant this season.
Hopefully the boys are going to be feeling it today and go out there and play with the high pressure, high tackling numbers, with free and choas movement of the ball we are used to seeing from our side, today.
If we're going to be half hearted, low pressure, don't tackle, give away easy uncontested ball, as we've seen over the past few weeks, then no matter who we're playing, we won't win.....

Last edited:
As of Friday Long was going to be sub - take it to the bank. Not sure if JDG out changes this
Thats not true, given it always comes from the bench, and per friday's article.

"The substitute will be selected from the extended bench and named 60 minutes prior to the first bounce."

Thats not true, given it always comes from the bench, and per friday's article.

"The substitute will be selected from the extended bench and named 60 minutes prior to the first bounce."

I think when he said “take it to the bank”, he meant like when you take something to the bank and they say “Sorry, we don’t process those transactions at this branch anymore”

Agree - and the talk that Kreuger could replace Cox was just absurd.

This is an example of conditional probabilty.
Pr (Collingwood defeats Carlton next week given that Collingwood steamrolls Richmond this week) = 0.5
Pr (Collingwood defeats Carlton next week given that Collingwood loses to Richmond this week) = 0.01 (corrected to two decimal places).
the hangover GIF

That’s right. Comes from the bench. I’d suggest Bytel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Customarily, but unless the AFL have changed something it doesn’t have to IIRC.

Recall Tsatas being named on the ground and then being made sub earlier this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back