List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
What would Erasmus be worth trade wise at the moment? Looks like he’s heading for delist territory if he doesn’t improve.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What would Erasmus be worth trade wise at the moment? Looks like he’s heading for delist territory if he doesn’t improve.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think Freo rate him internally, Freo fans not so much.

Not many recruits come in and play midfield as an inside mid in there first few years in the AFL. How many times do we see our own supporters in here writing players off early in their careers.

Not many recruits come in and play midfield as an inside mid in there first few years in the AFL. How many times do we see our own supporters in here writing players off early in their careers.
He might ask to leave for opportunity. No chance hes getting a gig in the midfield with Young, Brayshaw, Serong and Fyfe still around, and then there is Johnson still seemingly ahead of him too. Fyfe has maybe this year and next before retiring, the others are all in their early 20s still. Then there is Cooper Simpson who freo also rate and probably fits their midfield better as a point of difference.

Erasmus doesnt really play anywhere else, seems like hes destined to be depth or playing out of position until hes worth nothing in a couple years time, feels like he could be another Dev Robertson if he stays there

Not just that, but he’s trying to crack a strong midfield in a contending team. No way are Freo gonna give up on a top 10 draft pick after just a few years because things are tough. Our only hope of grabbing him would be if he wants to leave for opportunity.

Way too early but I’d want to turn our 1R into 3 1R picks to use in the draft if we went down that path and I’d much rather Baker go to Freo. We could even incorporate it into a deal. As an example, if we had to do the draft tomorrow there are 5 players I really like and hope that the focus is on the backline and bit of outside run:

T Travaglia
H O’Farrell
L Trainor
N Mraz
T Hotton

WCE OUT: Pick 1, F2
WCE IN: Pick R1 WBD (8), R1 GCS (11) R1 PA (17), GCS end F1 (19)

GCS OUT Pick 8,11,19
GCS IN: Bolton, F2 (WCE)

RICH OUT: Bolton, Baker
RICH IN: Pick 1

FREO OUT: Pick 17
FREO IN: Baker

Essentially we trade pick 1 and F2 for
8-Trainor
11-Travaglia
17-O’Farrell
20-Hotton
21-Mraz (our natural 2R)

Combine that with Hopkins in the MSD and I’m pretty happy with our young backline recruiting and Hotton and Travaglia give us some outside mid/wing options. Trainor could end up an Adam Hunter type, or develop as a KPF if O’Farrell and Mraz make it as KPDs. End of next year we’ll have a better idea of the output of our young mids (especially Hewett) so we’ll have a better idea of which aspect needs addressing. So next year we use our 1R to take a top mid or try and trade for Warner.
Reckon if Hotton plays out the year as he's started, and has a goo champs, he's probably a top 12 pick.

Reckon if Hotton plays out the year as he's started, and has a goo champs, he's probably a top 12 pick.
I agree but I think his disposal lets him down and he’ll settle around 15-25 after a year of close analysis. If he can tidy that up I agree he’ll be one of the next mids picked after that top 5. Likewise Trainor had a good game yesterday but could easily end up in the same 15-25 bracket.

In alternate universe I would love to turn Pick 1 and FR2 .etc into three top R1’s.

Pick 4 (I am not draft watcher but I get the feeling this would be the sweet spot) Pick 10 and Pick 12.

In reality, if we didn’t have buyer for Harley Reid, the most hyped kid in a long time. Then I do not believe we’re even close to a deal that will split Pick 1 this year.

The only option, I see us being very active is if the AFL gives us something. Otherwise I fully expect we go to the draft with Pick 1 and Pick 21(? I assume kangaroos package is 19/20)

Also any fascination to trading a pick R1 for player should not and must not happen. Free Agent or EAD!

Trades should only be in R2/R3 category e,g Busslinger

In alternate universe I would love to turn Pick 1 and FR2 .etc into three top R1’s.

Pick 4 (I am not draft watcher but I get the feeling this would be the sweet spot) Pick 10 and Pick 12.

In reality, if we didn’t have buyer for Harley Reid, the most hyped kid in a long time. Then I do not believe we’re even close to a deal that will split Pick 1 this year.

The only option, I see us being very active is if the AFL gives us something. Otherwise I fully expect we go to the draft with Pick 1 and Pick 21(? I assume kangaroos package is 19/20)

Also any fascination to trading a pick R1 for player should not and must not happen. Free Agent or EAD!

Trades should only be in R2/R3 category e,g Busslinger
You don’t think Pick 1 and (assume) F19 for picks 8, 11, 17 and 19 is realistic? GCS want points next year, not this year so let’s say 19s are roughly even. Pick 1 for picks 8, 11, 19 seems about right?

North got F2 and F3 tied to their natural picks which they had to trade.

Absolutely agree with no R1 for a player unless it’s our F1 for Chad Warner. Then we have a deal.

What are people's thoughts on grabbing James Tunstill from Brisbane?

Could we get him cheaply?maybe a 4th rounder,or is that too optimistic?

Could be handy if we get uim cheap.
Yep Tunstill and Sheldricks managers should being hearing from us regularly.

Really need to be more aggressive in this area.

Would love him inside mid with great foot skills under pressure, always in the best for Brissy reserves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without wanting to trigger anyone here by talking about our academy, but the gettability of some of our current younger players might hinge on how many of our academy kids we can match over the next 4 drafts. We're half way through the northern academy series, and we've beaten GWS 117 to 30 and Sydney 113 to 31. Gold Coast next weekend is the real test.

You don’t think Pick 1 and (assume) F19 for picks 8, 11, 17 and 19 is realistic? GCS want points next year, not this year so let’s say 19s are roughly even. Pick 1 for picks 8, 11, 19 seems about right?

Absolutely agree with no R1 for a player unless it’s our F1 for Chad Warner. Then we have a deal.
I just don’t think it will happen mate.

A lot of water to go before this all become any sort of reality and could very well mean a drop in quality around those picks too.

I am hoping for afl assistance and Smillie/O’sullivan to compliment Reid.

GC will need points this year for Lombard. Fair chance they're going to take minimum picks at the draft this year. They don't really need more inside mids beyond who they already have. List needs are probably wing and a half back flank.

They will need points next year, and the year after.

GC will need points this year for Lombard. Fair chance they're going to take minimum picks at the draft this year. They don't really need more inside mids beyond who they already have. List needs are probably wing and a half back flank.

They will need points next year, and the year after.
They have shit tonnes of points this year and two they want A grade players not picks. The hypothetical gives them Shai Bolton for two mid 1Rs and swaps their 19/20 this year for about the same next year. Win-win.

They have s**t tonnes of points this year and two they want A grade players not picks. The hypothetical gives them Shai Bolton for two mid 1Rs and swaps their 19/20 this year for about the same next year. Win-win.
My point was they would still need some later points going back to them this year, like an early 3rd rounder, if they are trading out their 3 first round picks.

If you want a Baker type of player on the cheap then Garcia is perfect. We may very well be able to get him for free also.

List spots getting tricky this year if we want to hit the draft again.

I'd take the punt on Garcia. We have loaded up with big mids and he can get plenty of it and hit the scoreboard.

Well worth the risk at the right price. Which in reality should be either zero or a 4th rounder.

List spots getting tricky this year if we want to hit the draft again.

I'd take the punt on Garcia. We have loaded up with big mids and he can get plenty of it and hit the scoreboard.

Well worth the risk at the right price. Which in reality should be either zero or a 4th rounder.
Yep. Riley also has the BSD energy that Reid and Hewett both exude. He'd feed off them well.

Fair bit of talk starting to gather in the media, that there will be a fire sale of sorts at the Dogs at the end of the season.

But the dogs will be looking for draft picks for players going out, not trying to dump salary.
Bailey Smith will get traded
Calab Daniels will get traded
Tim English should resign
Jack McCrae will get traded

That's 4 that I know of. Anyone else.

As for those 4 do not want due to age doesn't suit us. Most will go to Vic clubs I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back