List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not sure if you are taking the piss or not with the small forward vs medium forward stuff. Who is genuinely saying that Cripps can’t play as a small forward close to goals or a as a high half forward. Your way of thinking might have been a thing decades ago but not anymore.

It’s irrelevant because he has absolutely no hope as playing in the AFL as a forward. You would probably classify him as a medium forward based on height and say him and Cripps are capable of playing the same role hahaha.
No I’m showing you that your claim that there’s no difference between small and medium forwards is bullsh*t.

If you’re going to lump players that play totally different roles like a 184cm hard running medium forward Cripps with a 172cm high impact small forward Champion together and state that the forward contribution of a midfielder/forward is irrelevant then there’s absolutely no point discussing list management with you.

Our list manager is offering JACK GRAHAM a FOUR YEAR deal, I have zero doubts he’s dumb enough to think Liam Baker is worth pick 12.

If we effectively trade Barrass for Baker or trade any first what so ever for Baker, the club has zero idea what they are doing
It’s only Tigers supporters and mouth pieces like Ralph that are claiming Baker is worth a 1st rounder.

I don’t see the club giving up a 1st round pick for Baker, likewise I doubt Freo do either unless salary comes into it. If that’s the case good luck to both Freo and Richmond.
We should offer our F2 for Baker and at worst cave in and give pick 23 and a f3rd.

Outside of Sam McClure, John Ralph has to be the biggest flog in the media.

Just suggested on MWT that we trade Barrass for pick 12 then give that to Richmond for Baker.

What a f**kwit.

Ralphy is a fully fledged Tigers nuffy. He's basically their PR mouthpiece. Watch him advocate for bid deals for Bolton, Baker and Rioli. He was the one saying pick 5 at least for Rioli.

Our list manager is offering JACK GRAHAM a FOUR YEAR deal, I have zero doubts he’s dumb enough to think Liam Baker is worth pick 12.

If we effectively trade Barrass for Baker or trade any first what so ever for Baker, the club has zero idea what they are doing
Agreed but it came from the Richmond media mouth piece. He’s the only one who has said it it’s pick 12 and that’s it. Some have said if it was pick 8 there might not be a sweetner

There’s been some scuttlebut on other boards that we’re moving the Barrass pick for Baker. If that was the case you’d have to imagine it’s a 3/4 way type trade and we get something decent back. Or their second rounder for 12 and some other swaps?

F2 really makes the most sense though. Tigers will likely trade up for the Bridsbane pick and likely have Rioli/Bolton leaving. They’ll have enough picks this year, especially if they get second round compo for Graham.

There’s been some scuttlebut on other boards that we’re moving the Barrass pick for Baker. If that was the case you’d have to imagine it’s a 3/4 way type trade and we get something decent back. Or their second rounder for 12 and some other swaps?

F2 really makes the most sense though. Tigers will likely trade up for the Bridsbane pick and likely have Rioli/Bolton leaving. They’ll have enough picks this year, especially if they get second round compo for Graham.
Yeah F2 (projected pick 20) to GC for either WB 1st or pick 19 and on traded to Tigers for Baker. Done deal.

Pies will come hard for the WB pick with a future first maybe but they would be worried the older boys will be getting older.

First Dimma wants rioli for Pick 5 (richmond)

Second Sam Mitchell wants TB first round (wce)

Matt Clark wants Baker and Graham (richmond)

Seems to me ex staff members are very conformable offering the world for their boys (from their old club)

We need to implement a ban on this. Clear conflict of interest.
Not sure TB for a first is ‘the world’.

Baker has been priced at end of first by most media besides Ralphy. Not sure that’s the world either.

I’m sure the Hawks board went nuts when Duffy said two first for TB is the price

Have to wait and see the trades are before judging.

First Dimma wants rioli for Pick 5 (richmond)

Second Sam Mitchell wants TB first round (wce)

Matt Clark wants Baker and Graham (richmond)

Seems to me ex staff members are very conformable offering the world for their boys (from their old club)

We need to implement a ban on this. Clear conflict of interest.
If you banned any trades involving existing relationships there would be almost no trades allowed in the entire comp.

Also Freo want Baker too and half the league want Barrass - not exactly just down to having existing contacts.

Why is there no talk about delisting or trading Chesser in the chat. I have heard he wants to head home to Vic.
What’s the point. No one could afford the draft capital to get him, unless the reason Richmond are trading out all their players is to get the Chess.
If Culley kicking 4 goals once means we should keep him on for another year, does Petch kicking 6 goals once mean he gets an 18 month extension?
Yep, that is the same thing. A bloke given lots of opportunities versus a bloke who showed a little bit in limited opportunities and is returning from an ACL.

Zero doubts, big call. You realise Jack Graham for cash you have plenty of is (and no picks) is different to offering a rare commodity to the Eagles in pick 12.

I have zero doubts you are prone to rash and baseless calls.

Phew, long off season in coming.
you need to calm down taylor swift GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we essentially swap Barrass for Baker we're at the bottom for the next decade. That's squad killing moves.

Just finished watching the Sandringham game from the weekend and while everyone was/is talking about Ashcroft, M.Reid and Trainor…..

What about Oliver’s kicking. 19 disposals across half back, he didn’t have a lot of work to do down there but it must have been 12 of the best kicks in a single game this year. Absolutely elite

What’s the point. No one could afford the draft capital to get him, unless the reason Richmond are trading out all their players is to get the Chess.

Yep, that is the same thing. A bloke given lots of opportunities versus a bloke who showed a little bit in limited opportunities and is returning from an ACL.

Zero doubts, big call. You realise Jack Graham for cash you have plenty of is (and no picks) is different to offering a rare commodity to the Eagles in pick 12.

I have zero doubts you are prone to rash and baseless calls.

Phew, long off season in coming.
you need to calm down taylor swift GIF

I think it shows he’ll do whatever it takes to get his former players that he’s worked with personally.

I’m hopeful we aren’t dumb enough to give up top end picks for Baker, but I’m not holding my breath.

Just finished watching the Sandringham game from the weekend and while everyone was/is talking about Ashcroft, M.Reid and Trainor…..

What about Oliver’s kicking. 19 disposals across half back, he didn’t have a lot of work to do down there but it must have been 12 of the best kicks in a single game this year. Absolutely elite
Spot on. If we miss Travaglia then Oliver has to be a high priority, and even if we do get Travaglia I’d be fine with Oliver with a 2R provided we also get a KPD.

Due to school, football commitments and that they don't want some poor teenagers having to do 10+ medicals for clubs.

I hope at least there is 2 or 3 separate & independent medicals are done that are available to all the clubs.

Only 1 is dangerous if the doctor has a barrow to push, or if the player id trying to hide something that is able to be snuck past 1 doctor but maybe not 3.

Can't help but think the best thing that can happen to us this off-season is baker picks freo. Given the capital we have, I just can't get myself excited for getting him in the club.

Baker will give a versatile consistent midfield/ half forward option so will help IF it was pick 12 , would expect a draft pick from Richmond also .

Baker will give a versatile consistent midfield/ half forward option so will help IF it was pick 12 , would expect a draft pick from Richmond also .
Do we actually need this type of footballer? This is the spot Tim Kelly should be going to

What we need are 4 things

A winger, A winger and 2 backup wingers

Unless Liam plans on playing that spot he can stay at Richmond i think

Trew is a year older which is important to consider for sure. The issue is Culley just isn’t going to magically become faster by becoming a year older. His limitations have nothing to do with age.

True, although he could be expected to get a little more agile 2nd year after an ACL. Maybe not straight line speed but closer to AFL quality.

He has kicking depth, and is tall and strong.

None of which makes him AFL quality, but things that Trew lacks which will always hold him back. I think Trew has AFL smarts, but like LEdwards the athletic attributes he lacks (across the board) will mean he likely doesn’t make it (would need to be an elite kick, or have positional flexibility etc).

So if it is one or the other keep Culley, if we are looking at retaining both then fold, if we have to cut both then no losing sleep over it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jagga's highlights from the weekend were very, very impressive. He's ultra smooth in traffic and has great hands. His kicking seems fine to me as well, missed a couple of targets, but hit the vast majority.

Looks like we'll have some great choices available at pick 3, regardless of who's left. Can't say I'd be upset with a genuine pig at pick 3. Sounds like Harley wouldn't be either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back