List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

• List Manager Matt Clarke appeared on Gettable - Click spoiler below for summary
    On the draft: "We predicted that the draft was strong, but it's probably gotten stronger during the year."

On top end of draft: "You could probably make five or six different choices and get it right."

On Pick 3: "I reckon there's five (players) around that mark."

On splitting: "I think you want to hold an early selection if you can. The depth of this group allows you to maybe have some movement there, and see what you can do to bring in more talent in the first 20-25 picks. Easier said than done, and I think most clubs would be saying the same thing. We'll see what we can do."

On Liam Baker: "He's still yet to make a decision. They're still weighing up a few things. We'd love to get Liam on board from what he offers from a talent and leadership point of view. We understand where we're at as a group, we're rebuilding our group, we need to add some guys in the middle tier to support our young group."

On Jack Graham: "We've got a number of players that we're speaking to. A bit of a wait and see on that one as well. We'll talk to a number of guys."

On Shai Bolton: "I think it will be difficult for anybody, really. He's heavily contracted and a high quality player."

On James Peatling: "He's heavily involved in a finals series at the moment so I don't want to comment too much on it, but I think there's a number of guys that have been playing really good footy this year that could suit what we do and what other clubs do. He's taken his footy to another level this year."

On Tom Barrass: "We've had an early discussion with Hawthorn about it, they understand where we're at. He's nominated Hawthorn as his ideal destination. We want what we think he's worth, as a genuine key back in the competition that can do what he can do. We're obviously mindful of getting an appropriate deal for West Coast."

On Tom Clurey: "Maybe (note: sounded very non enthused). We'd probably need some key back depth, whether that's through the draft or trade and free agency."

On Jack Darling: "We've had initial discussions with his management group about (moving). We're open to talking, as we are with all of our players, but Jack's contracted with us."

On Liam Ryan: "I expect him to be at West Coast next year, yes." (The most definitive answer of the day by a mile, a non-starter of a talking point.)

On out of contact players e.g. Rotham, Witherden, Jones: "We're still working through what it looks like from a list point of view, and how many selections we'll want to have, and players that may come in and potentially may go out. You might want to give a coach an opportunity to look at these guys."

On Harley Reid: "We've had discussions most of the year with his management group. I think it sits in a really good place. We're open to doing really whatever they want to do to be honest. We're really confident in building the right system around Harley, on and off field, to make sure that he's really comfortable, that he's going to play his best footy, and his long term future."

On Jake Waterman's new deal: "Yep, really close. We're working really closely with his management on that. I expect that we'll have something done pretty soon."

On Oscar Allen: "We've been talking with Oscar and his manager most of the year on that one. We're going through some stuff at the moment. I think we'll be ok with that one."

Last edited by a moderator:
The only issue with Hamish Davis is that he didn't really pull the explode in national championship.

Hamish is showing his damage in wafl seniors.

But compare to clay hall who exploded in national championship and is comparable to hamish davis in wafl seniors.

I'll say I do prefer Hamish D then Bo Allen

Don’t think I’d be getting my hopes up about Dyson Sharp being an Eagle

Hard to see how Richmond don’t finish last year considering they are losing their best players.

The only issue with Hamish Davis is that he didn't really pull the explode in national championship.

Hamish is showing his damage in wafl seniors.

But compare to clay hall who exploded in national championship and is comparable to hamish davis in wafl seniors.

I'll say I do prefer Hamish D then Bo Allen

Huh? Davis had a very good national champs.

He was consistently good and wreaked havoc in the forward half, ran like a maniac in every game as well.

Take a bow Dyson Sharp.

21 possesion 10 tackles 1 goal.

As an underager in SANFL as a HFF in a final. Third highest possesion getter

I don't think we have seen a better more risk free prospect since Matt Rowell? He has to be >190cm now
Um do you follow west coast mate. Harley says hi!

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Something like this would be a good trade and draft period
Baker f2
Pick 3 Draper or Smith
Hawks 12-14 ( hopefully) TT or Lindsay
23 Harrison Oliver, cooper Hynes Tom Goss
30 ( from hawks) Hamish Davies
Clancy Dennis and champion with late picks

Baker f2
Pick 3 Draper or Smith
Doubt Davis will be there at 30 after todays performance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baker f2
Pick 3 Draper or Smith
I'm thinking Hawks will want at least 1 decent pick this year, so definitely their 12-14 this year but the other pick is definitely a future hopefully f1 so getting Hamish at 30 might not be a goer with the barass trade

Where did he play today? Forward or wing?

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app
HFF mainly. Makes good simple decisions when he has the ball. Good work rate off the ball.

Seems to be one of those players that has a bit of an uncanny ability to be in the right position.

Like most youngsters would need to work on the intensity of his game when he hasn’t got the ball, to be at the level required for AFL.

Just to point out the obvious. If we think Davis will be gone by 30 and we really want him, pick 23 gives us a reasonable pick in those sweepstakes.

He played an excellent game today. For those draft watchers who know more about the overall pool, is he a contender for our second (assuming we don’t trade it)?

Just to point out the obvious. If we think Davis will be gone by 30 and we really want him, pick 23 gives us a reasonable pick in those sweepstakes.

He played an excellent game today. For those draft watchers who know more about the overall pool, is he a contender for our second (assuming we don’t trade it)?
Yes but I have a few others above him that are also likely to be available. Hynes, Oliver, O’Farrell and possibly Gross.

Yes but I have a few others above him that are also likely to be available. Hynes, Oliver, O’Farrell and possibly Gross.
His last month of footy surely puts him at the front of that group. Those blokes aren't getting anywhere near his output and they are all only playing 18’s.

His last month of footy surely puts him at the front of that group. Those blokes aren't getting anywhere near his output and they are all only playing 18’s.
Certainly fits in that group on ability, the others are just more of a need IMO. I think clubs will rank the boys in that group very differently and there’s a good argument for any of them to be the first picked.

Another impressive game for Davis. He should be at the 21 to 30 range. There are some other prospects doing very well over east and hence reflecting on the depth of the draft.

I would much prefer we give up a F2 for Baker and generate band 3 for Graham. Too much noise about the duo that I a, fully expecting it to have been agreed in principle.

Watching Davis flourish in a Claremont team that support and protect him annoys me how bad the Beagles set up has been and how piss poor our development has been. If the AFL don’t create a reserves side and we don’t get a massive improvement in who we can play for the Beagles, I’m all for farming them out to WAFL clubs as this is really hurting us

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back