List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing I like best about Brisbane is that they are gonna give us Starcevich for free so we can win our next premiership.
Thanks heaps for Elliot Yeo too.

a bit down on the Culley news, was hoping he would at least be given one more year with a decent preseason under his belt to see what he could do.
Did his knee at the absolute worst possible time after just getting a rising star nom.
It's a cruel game at times.

The rest of you guys who just survived the cut better put 100% in every time you pull the jumper on.

[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-quote="happy_eagle" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Only names that I think might be AFL standard

Will Hamill
Ned McHenry
Caleb Marchbank
Sam Weideman
Matt Taberner
Brandon Parfitt
Darcy Macpherson
Braydon Preuss
Cooper Stephens
Adam Tomlinson
Curtis Taylor

Be ironic if we drafted Stephen’s considering the cats drafted him with a pick they got for Kelly..
He will be in wa next season anyway having signed for east Perth..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It is always worth looking ahead and understanding what flexibility for delistings in 12 months time.

Key players in the spotlight

Age wise
  • Gov (33) coming off AA in 2024, most likely getting another year
  • Cripps (33) is starting to look slow and without Simmo, may not be picked based on credits in bank
  • Sheed (30) foot problems and looks cooked

Have had Long Enough
  • Jamieson (25) will need a bumper year showing he can (a) stay on the park and (b) actually play KPD
  • Petruccelle (26) based on the fact he would have been on the list for 8 years and we still do not know where to play him and may be a trade/FA exit

Youth to make a hard call on
  • Chesser (22) would have been on the list for 4 years and needs to find a spot (I expect it is behind the ball and he may well be the speed off the HBF Mini wants)
  • Bazzo (22) has had a rough couple of years so hoping he has the run of luck and gets a chance ahead of Rotham and show something
  • Rawlings (20) was seen by many as lucky to get the extension but hard to play small forward with limited inside 50's

Potentially Luke Edwards and Rotham get a lifeline for 2025 but I doubt it.

So without digging too deep, there 16 Out of Contract and enough to play with come

1729237956817.png

[emoji[emoji6]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-quote="archiemoses" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Happily swap Rotham for DGB

Hell between the two of them Rotham is the only bloke who isn’t as bad as DGB

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

L
I don't mind him either.

But sometimes he needs to hold back on the criticism or negative comments.

Like when we're pretty much all pissed off over splitting pick 3.

That would've been a good time to keep quiet.

He is a guest here after all.

He's fine, just has a touch of the 'Bergers when it comes to the stuff you mentioned and then there's the mansplaining.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is always worth looking ahead and understanding what flexibility for delistings in 12 months time.

Key players in the spotlight

Age wise
  • Gov (33) coming off AA in 2024, most likely getting another year
  • Cripps (33) is starting to look slow and without Simmo, may not be picked based on credits in bank
  • Sheed (30) foot problems and looks cooked

Have had Long Enough
  • Jamieson (25) will need a bumper year showing he can (a) stay on the park and (b) actually play KPD
  • Petruccelle (26) based on the fact he would have been on the list for 8 years and we still do not know where to play him and may be a trade/FA exit

Youth to make a hard call on
  • Chesser (22) would have been on the list for 4 years and needs to find a spot (I expect it is behind the ball and he may well be the speed off the HBF Mini wants)
  • Bazzo (22) has had a rough couple of years so hoping he has the run of luck and gets a chance ahead of Rotham and show something
  • Rawlings (20) was seen by many as lucky to get the extension but hard to play small forward with limited inside 50's

Potentially Luke Edwards and Rotham get a lifeline for 2025 but I doubt it.

So without digging too deep, there 16 Out of Contract and enough to play with come

View attachment 2146905
I think we should add Hunt and to a lesser extent Cole to that list. Although I was expecting to take more than two decent picks to the draft this year so the delistings will probably come from your list.

Brockman would want to show a bit too before becoming Zac Langdon.

So 4 main list and 1 rookie spot right now.

We have 3 picks in the draft, and sounds like we are looking at trading back into the draft.
We also have made it known we would look at a SSP signing.

If we are to look at a SSP and trade back into the draft we could assume the idea is that LEdwards is retired, as that would leave us with 4 picks and 1 ssp signing.

Probably wont look to split our f1 into 2 picks for this year(like 10+18 for example)
May look to move our f1 into this year for a top 10 pick, or use the hawks assets to get a later 1st round pick

I think we should add Hunt and to a lesser extent Cole to that list. Although I was expecting to take more than two decent picks to the draft this year so the delistings will probably come from your list.

Brockman would want to show a bit too before becoming Zac Langdon.
I would say Hunt easily gets another year as does Cole based on age and what they delivered in 2024. Not A grade and I would hope that they are fringe or depth but not best 22. Hopefully that would reflect in the coin they are on.

So 4 main list and 1 rookie spot right now.

We have 3 picks in the draft, and sounds like we are looking at trading back into the draft.
We also have made it known we would look at a SSP signing.

If we are to look at a SSP and trade back into the draft we could assume the idea is that LEdwards is retired, as that would leave us with 4 picks and 1 ssp signing.

Probably wont look to split our f1 into 2 picks for this year(like 10+18 for example)
May look to move our f1 into this year for a top 10 pick, or use the hawks assets to get a later 1st round pick
Looks about right.

Whether we like it or not we can feel pretty confident that if Rotham wasnt cut today he isnt being cut

L.Edwards feels more of that medical retirement decision wait still coming which is what I think he will get

So processing the afternoon delistings, we have 5 spots available. That brings a total of 9 players exiting the club so far. We have 2 our of contract players in Luke Edwards and Rotham.

As it stands, we can take 5 picks at the national draft/PSD/Rookie draft and SSP, depending on Edwards and Rotham.

Our current senior team is sitting at 34 (max is 38) and rookie A is 3 (room to be flexible in) with Cat B at 2 (at max)

Changes

View attachment 2146888
Who is Rawlings

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back