List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links:
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

• List Manager Matt Clarke appeared on Sept 11 Gettable - Click spoiler below for summary
    On the draft: "We predicted that the draft was strong, but it's probably gotten stronger during the year."

On top end of draft: "You could probably make five or six different choices and get it right."

On Pick 3: "I reckon there's five (players) around that mark."

On splitting: "I think you want to hold an early selection if you can. The depth of this group allows you to maybe have some movement there, and see what you can do to bring in more talent in the first 20-25 picks. Easier said than done, and I think most clubs would be saying the same thing. We'll see what we can do."

On Liam Baker: "He's still yet to make a decision. They're still weighing up a few things. We'd love to get Liam on board from what he offers from a talent and leadership point of view. We understand where we're at as a group, we're rebuilding our group, we need to add some guys in the middle tier to support our young group."

On Jack Graham: "We've got a number of players that we're speaking to. A bit of a wait and see on that one as well. We'll talk to a number of guys."

On Shai Bolton: "I think it will be difficult for anybody, really. He's heavily contracted and a high quality player."

On James Peatling: "He's heavily involved in a finals series at the moment so I don't want to comment too much on it, but I think there's a number of guys that have been playing really good footy this year that could suit what we do and what other clubs do. He's taken his footy to another level this year."

On Tom Barrass: "We've had an early discussion with Hawthorn about it, they understand where we're at. He's nominated Hawthorn as his ideal destination. We want what we think he's worth, as a genuine key back in the competition that can do what he can do. We're obviously mindful of getting an appropriate deal for West Coast."

On Tom Clurey: "Maybe (note: sounded very non enthused). We'd probably need some key back depth, whether that's through the draft or trade and free agency."

On Jack Darling: "We've had initial discussions with his management group about (moving). We're open to talking, as we are with all of our players, but Jack's contracted with us."

On Liam Ryan: "I expect him to be at West Coast next year, yes." (The most definitive answer of the day by a mile, a non-starter of a talking point.)

On out of contact players e.g. Rotham, Witherden, Jones: "We're still working through what it looks like from a list point of view, and how many selections we'll want to have, and players that may come in and potentially may go out. You might want to give a coach an opportunity to look at these guys."

On Harley Reid: "We've had discussions most of the year with his management group. I think it sits in a really good place. We're open to doing really whatever they want to do to be honest. We're really confident in building the right system around Harley, on and off field, to make sure that he's really comfortable, that he's going to play his best footy, and his long term future."

On Jake Waterman's new deal: "Yep, really close. We're working really closely with his management on that. I expect that we'll have something done pretty soon."

On Oscar Allen: "We've been talking with Oscar and his manager most of the year on that one. We're going through some stuff at the moment. I think we'll be ok with that one."

Past rumoured targets:

Last edited by a moderator:
Band 1 for Perryman Jesus Christ lol.
Is it too late to ask for priority picks seeing as the afl seem to be generous today

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well the Saints just whinged and b!tched for the past two months and look what happened. AFL House greased the squeaky wheel.

Anyone shocked to be here? Nope.

We need Pyke to tee off and give them both barrels. Once again it seems every club is getting forms of assistance at our expense. Lions every year get access to players and discounts. Same with the Swans. Two multiple grand final teams in recent years and one now premiers.

This BS softly, softly approach making our feelings felt behind closed doors. Has achieved nothing. Time to 'shake some more trees' Don and let's start using this so called market power we hold.

my frustration is only amplified by our seeming insistence on dutifully colouring well within the guidelines in regards to exploring any loopholes or gray area trade ideas like geelong. why the **** aren't we pushing the boundaries at absolutely all levels? so what if we cop a few fines? in fact if it was us out there doing it the afl would tighten that shit up right away and the comp would be better off.

so if we hadn't resigned TB to a great team friendly deal we'd probably be looking at picks 3+4 right now? **** i hate the people running this clownshow competition so ****ing much.
So would you prefer pick 4 only as free agency compo, or as a trade 14 and F1st.

Remember, we split pick 2 for 9 and 14.

Both scenarios pretty close to being 6 to 1, half dozen to the other, depending on whether Hawks win the whole thing or don't.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tom Cole to trigger band one compensation next year.

Excited Ultimate Warrior GIF by WWE

Next minute, Josh Rotham signs a 5 million 5 yr deal with the bombers and triggers band one compensation. Love you AFL house ❤️

It’s because of equalisation, not squeaky wheels.

We wouldn’t get shit, and the whinging and bitching would just make us look like bitches

If Lyons and the President didn't tee off they wouldn't have got band one.

Their president is 100% correct and called out the commissioners in person in public.

They absolutely gave it to AFL House and the AFL Commission.

It is a basket case. It's as simple as that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so if we hadn't resigned TB to a great team friendly deal we'd probably be looking at picks 3+4 right now? **** i hate the people running this clownshow competition so ****ing much.
No we wouldn't get pick 4 imo. TB is too old, and his contract from Hawthorn wouldn't have been lucrative enough to trigger band 1

Thinking through the Battle news, Hawthorn could trade 14 + 31 to Saints for 8 + 43, effectively splitting the Battle upgrade between the clubs. Hawks then trade 8 + F2 to us for Barrass + F3. I would still hold firm with Richmond for F2 as Baker isn't going to sign a 1-year deal. 59 (previously 58) for Darling. Swap 58 for Robertson + 70. Go to the draft with 3, 8, 24, 60, 70 and we hold our F1, F3 + F4 picks next year along with Hawthorn's F3.

Thinking through the Battle news, Hawthorn could trade 14 + 31 to Saints for 8 + 43, effectively splitting the Battle upgrade between the clubs. Hawks then trade 8 + F2 to us for Barrass + F3. I would still hold firm with Richmond for F2 as Baker isn't going to sign a 1-year deal. 59 (previously 58) for Darling. Swap 58 for Robertson + 70. Go to the draft with 3, 8, 24, 60, 70 and we hold our F1, F3 + F4 picks next year along with Hawthorn's F3.
Saints aren't going to do that...

Only have ourselves to blame by never taking opportunities to rort the system like other clubs do, instead we don’t ask for assistance and we keep players when we should be selling while value is high or at least letting them explore options so we get good compo. Our club has become a joke

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back