List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Ongoing discussions:

• List Manager Matt Clarke appeared on Sept 11 Gettable - Click spoiler below for summary
    On the draft: "We predicted that the draft was strong, but it's probably gotten stronger during the year."

On top end of draft: "You could probably make five or six different choices and get it right."

On Pick 3: "I reckon there's five (players) around that mark."

On splitting: "I think you want to hold an early selection if you can. The depth of this group allows you to maybe have some movement there, and see what you can do to bring in more talent in the first 20-25 picks. Easier said than done, and I think most clubs would be saying the same thing. We'll see what we can do."

On Liam Baker: "He's still yet to make a decision. They're still weighing up a few things. We'd love to get Liam on board from what he offers from a talent and leadership point of view. We understand where we're at as a group, we're rebuilding our group, we need to add some guys in the middle tier to support our young group."

On Jack Graham: "We've got a number of players that we're speaking to. A bit of a wait and see on that one as well. We'll talk to a number of guys."

On Shai Bolton: "I think it will be difficult for anybody, really. He's heavily contracted and a high quality player."

On James Peatling: "He's heavily involved in a finals series at the moment so I don't want to comment too much on it, but I think there's a number of guys that have been playing really good footy this year that could suit what we do and what other clubs do. He's taken his footy to another level this year."

On Tom Barrass: "We've had an early discussion with Hawthorn about it, they understand where we're at. He's nominated Hawthorn as his ideal destination. We want what we think he's worth, as a genuine key back in the competition that can do what he can do. We're obviously mindful of getting an appropriate deal for West Coast."

On Tom Clurey: "Maybe (note: sounded very non enthused). We'd probably need some key back depth, whether that's through the draft or trade and free agency."

On Jack Darling: "We've had initial discussions with his management group about (moving). We're open to talking, as we are with all of our players, but Jack's contracted with us."

On Liam Ryan: "I expect him to be at West Coast next year, yes." (The most definitive answer of the day by a mile, a non-starter of a talking point.)

On out of contact players e.g. Rotham, Witherden, Jones: "We're still working through what it looks like from a list point of view, and how many selections we'll want to have, and players that may come in and potentially may go out. You might want to give a coach an opportunity to look at these guys."

On Harley Reid: "We've had discussions most of the year with his management group. I think it sits in a really good place. We're open to doing really whatever they want to do to be honest. We're really confident in building the right system around Harley, on and off field, to make sure that he's really comfortable, that he's going to play his best footy, and his long term future."

On Jake Waterman's new deal: "Yep, really close. We're working really closely with his management on that. I expect that we'll have something done pretty soon."

On Oscar Allen: "We've been talking with Oscar and his manager most of the year on that one. We're going through some stuff at the moment. I think we'll be ok with that one."

Past rumoured targets:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tassie 2028 is my fallback if all those trades go through. Knowing my luck Clarke will be sacked by then and will be the Tassie list manager for the 2027 draft when he trades pick 1,2 and 3 back to his former employer for a 29 year old Liam Baker who is immediately instilled as the inaugural Tasmania captain and he names club BnF named after him.
If you're seriously considering jumping from your team over one trade, then do us all a favour and move on now. GWS gives away free memberships from what I've heard.

Tassie 2028 is my fallback if all those trades go through. Knowing my luck Clarke will be sacked by then and will be the Tassie list manager for the 2027 draft when he trades pick 1,2 and 3 back to his former employer for a 29 year old Liam Baker who is immediately instilled as the inaugural Tasmania captain and he names club BnF named after him.
Ladies and Gents, we've moved on from bed-wetting to bed-shitting.

Never go full Amber Heard.

Because nothing's happened! 🤣

Bladders bursting all over the place, others shouting "just wait, you'll see!" But the only goals have been Team Yellow's goal when we got bent over by free agency compo pushing our picks back (and no PP), and Team Dry sheets have Woosha to put things right.

Darling for a packet of chips and Graham for free slammed into the post. I'm not giving Team Yellow a point because we didn't get the right pick in the 60s for Darling 👀

I still expect Team Yellow to win and have stocked up on lube for the Baker and Barrass trades.

Perhaps you need a point system - 4 for a win and 2 for a draw?

I’m expecting a bit of movement today, here are the trades I think we’ll see over the next week and they are all disgusting:

Barrass for 14 and F2
14 for Baker and 24*
3 for 6 and 18

*was contingent on band 3 compo for Graham
Not sure why you expect anything today.
I'm not expecting anything until next week.

All of the above are terrible but there's no way in the world we would give pick 3 for 6 and 18.

Not sure why you expect anything today.
I'm not expecting anything until next week.

All of the above are terrible but there's no way in the world we would give pick 3 for 6 and 18.

I wouldn't be so sure.

I’ll be the bearer of bad news. From what it “sounds” like, we are trading Baker for 14 and “more.”

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

Really?

Lies No GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We traded pick 12 for 14 and a F2nd. Dropping two places late in the 1st round.

Dropping 3 spots in the top 6 gets 18?

That seems unders. Would need at least say pick 45 added IMO.

Would it be unders though if we get 24 back on the Baker trade?

Matt Clarke needs to be removed from the Richmond deals. Clearly has a conflict of interest and I'm not entirely sure he knows who his current employer is.

"The Richmond deals"

You mean the one where he didn't overpay for Jack Graham's salary based on the compo pick and the other one that hasn't been done yet?

We traded pick 12 for 14 and a F2nd. Dropping two places late in the 1st round.

Dropping 3 spots in the top 6 gets 18?

That seems unders. Would need at least say pick 45 added IMO.
This is why

3 for 6 and baker and a F3 would work. The haggling will be over the sweetener.

The F3 would come in at about pick 40 next year..usefully for a potential trade this or next year.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agreed.

Can see Smillie being the a bit of a slider or even a bust in the top 10 if he goes that high. Questions over his run and spread and ability to reproduce u18 form against adults.

Much better options at our top pick either 3 or 6>8.
Disagree. Is a good kick and had 26 touches in academy game vs bulldogs VFL. Don’t understand the hate, will be a player

Matt Clarke needs to be removed from the Richmond deals. Clearly has a conflict of interest and I'm not entirely sure he knows who his current employer is.

I heard he’s on loan from Richmond for 12 months..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How? By trading 14 for Baker and 24?

Yes it would still be unders because that Baker trade should be satisfied with our 2nd or F2nd. Even Richmond supporters feel Baker should go for a similar pick to ANB to the Crows, pick 28.

Baker is happening for 14 whether we like it or not, grabbing 24 back is a good deal. What fans think and what the experts think are entirely different things.

If Eagles first round choice is still going to be available at 6 and we grab another first rounder so be it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back