List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it’s an emotional time for everyone, but I’d just like say Baker is a lifelong WC fan, and I’m looking forward to him playing for our club! Pretty safe bet he’ll be top 6 B&F.
Im 100% sure his welcome will
Be absolutely soured (no fault of his own), and will absolutely cop it from fans due to the nature of this deal.

The Eagles board are just so far up their arse if they dont think that would happen. Fans are too smart to see through their crap

I would have done 3 for 6 and Baker, with the aim of taking one of Smith, Draper, Lalor, FOS, Smillie, Langford, M Reid or Travaglia.

If one of those players slides, I think we dodge the bullet. Yes, I’d make Murphy Reid get on a plane.

Also want to know the other pieces of the deal. Twomey says other picks will be involved.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s a horrible trade for us, regardless of late picks, but we must must must be getting more for 3 than 12, Owies and Baker.

Ideally a couple of picks in the 20’s… I would still be disgusted but could at least see some sort of semblance of strategy. (4 picks inside 30 in a strong draft, plus 2 ready made players).

Problem is, those picks exist in Richmond’s hand not Carlton’s… so unless Kennedy is going to the Tigers, they aren’t giving up more collateral.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know it’s an emotional time for everyone, but I’d just like say Baker is a lifelong WC fan, and I’m looking forward to him playing for our club! Pretty safe bet he’ll be top 6 B&F.
Unfortunately for him, baker is going to cop the brunt of this. Much like how we sold the farm for.kelly.

You don’t build with 27 year old flankers.
You don't build with 18year olds only. We already have 20 kids under 21/22. Some of them questionable as to whether they are AFL standard. We will bring in another 4kids this draft and 3-4 next yr. Soon we will be 26 players under 23

And then we have a bunch of 30 year olds with questionable durability.

Baker owes Graham all 26/27 offer a buffer for 3 yrs while the kids develop.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Small part of me hope this is just fake news and wce arnt this stupid.

Otherwise this has to be one of the worst own goals of all time. Norf and gold coast level territories.

But theres no blow back because you know....100mill in the bank, massive membership waitlist so if 1 drops off there is 100 waiting to grab that ticket.

Seriously **** this club right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back