List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Or boo your own players anonymously from a crowd like a coward? You do that you are an idiot.

If you want to do something.

Go write an email to those in charge.

Go walk back and forth at Lathlam Park wearing a billboard saying Sack Pyke and Clarke. The End in Nigh.

But don't boo a player who had no control over what the club felt for them. That's plain stupid.
Baker is part of it. He's part of the group from Richmond who has infiltrated our club and put themselves in front of the club. He's a grub. I've never booed someone in my life. I don't like it. And although I still wouldn't do this, I hold no ill will to anyone who does. This traded is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

There is nothing worse that when incompetent people get leadership positions.

I assume the plan, rightly or wrongly, is to try to create a side to get a couple of extra wins in the short term, both to placate the supporters and to assist with selling the dream to Warner (or similar) and Harley that we are on the rise. Otherwise another 4 to 5 win season suggests that the dead cat is not bouncing in trying to sell the dream.

So, nothing has actually happened yet, but everyone is massively melting on speculation of what might happen?

Look, I'm still desperately clinging to this idea as nothing has happened yet, but multiple sources in the media reporting on it makes it seem like it's done.

Don’t want to split pick 3 at all but if we have to why aren’t we splitting pick 3 with the Tigers. They will have pick 6 & 10.
It’s on them to get a deal for Baker done too. He wants to shift and has given good service to there club.

I just simply don’t understand pick 12 & 14
Yeh it makes no sense

3 for 6 and Baker - or even 3 for 10 and Baker - is better.

Why on earth would we effectively do 3 for 12 and Baker?

Splitting the pick hasn't worked well for us to far.

Missed on Sheezel/Wardlaw for Ginbey and Hewett. Ginbey has been OK and Hewett incomplete. Sheezel is AA contender already and Wardlaw > Ginbey.

I could care less if they didn't want to come West - pick them and make them, win them over. If all else fails, trade them out.

Split 3 for 12 and 14....???
Sheezel made it clear he was never leaving Melbourne. Would have been an enormous gamble to take him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok I'm on team "move on" now

Can't do anything about it

Hope the new recruits all do well.

Hope we pick up a couple of gems in the draft.

Hope we get lucky with injuries.

Ah well

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Stoicism is a philosophy for losers.

So we are selling the farm for 2 players we could get in the PSD?

Well we had to top the Kelly deal. Cant keep that hanging over Kelly's head as the worst trade in history for us

It's just a massive strategic failure.

Strategy should have been to maximize picks in top 30. Instead we get fixated on a 27 year on old and then for god knows what reason seem to have structured our whole trade period around securing him. Just insanity.

Then, even if you thought going after Baker was good idea the execution is horrific. We've got one of the worst versions I can think of of giving up draft capital to get Baker.

Never thought I would be this person by going to write the club an angry email...

Look, I'm still desperately clinging to this idea as nothing has happened yet, but multiple sources in the media reporting on it makes it seem like it's done.
Agree, it does look like that. I admit, me no trade expert, far from it, but when I saw pick 3 split for 12+14 and a bag of Twisties I thought shirley that can't be right?

I assume the plan, rightly or wrongly, is to try to create a side to get a couple of extra wins in the short term, both to placate the supporters and to assist with selling the dream to Warner (or similar) and Harley that we are on the rise. Otherwise another 4 to 5 win season suggests that the dead cat is not bouncing in trying to sell the dream.
If that's the plan, keeping Barrass and pick 3 is a better way of achieving it.

On SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The supporters didn’t need to be placated, we were still turning up in numbers. We understood the assignment. The club didn’t.

I can’t honestly fathom how we’ve got from a firm “no” (according to Rhino) to 3 for 12 + 14 to “yes” to the same with a soon-to-be delisted player thrown in. Something doesn’t stack up.

You’d hope with the amount of heads that have to tick this off for WCE, someone realised how absolutely ****ed this is and pull the gawd damn plug on this.
The best guess is that large elements of the trade are missing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back