List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
I annoyed with the trade. But our off-season has clearly improved our side.

All of Owies, Graham and Baker are far better players than the tripe we have been rolling out in our bottom 3 or 4.
We shouldn’t be aiming to improve our side for next year. We should be aiming to improve our side for I’m five years. None of the three do that.

Nothing will out meme our awful trade but gee, Pies now with 52/55/58 in this draft and no future first.

All in on a decidedly aging group without much depth of young talent whatsoever.
and yet with the 3 picks in the 50s will prob still pick better players than us in this draft

I'm at acceptance I think

If we do land Dev Rob that's 4 new players into our 22 from the crap shoot we've been watching the last 4 years

Change was needed so will be refreshing to watch something different at least

We dont really have any draft capital left apart from next years. How do you see us landing Dev now?

Us trading Pick 3 for 12, Baker and Owies does not change our draft hand next year to get Warner.
Yeh, I wondered where this "box seat for Warner next year" angle was coming from, thinking we must've got a future first.
Then thought, Oh it does, because we finish rock bottom and get pick 1. (Which in our hands won't be enough for Warner, but at least sitting on the box)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We shouldn’t be aiming to improve our side for next year. We should be aiming to improve our side for I’m five years. None of the three do that.
We do have to improve our side for next year, as part of the plan. The current kids need to learn to play better football. They need some experience. And we are hollow in the middle age bracket before these trades. Whether the balance is right in this haul is a different question but I don’t understand how kids learn if we just keep adding raw rookies however good they are. Our current leaders are soon out the door. The AFL is a big step up from the underage competitions.

Baker, Graham and Owies just feels like Langdon, Witherden, Hunt, Petrovski-Seton, and Jermaine Jones.

It’s meh.

We are just marking the 25th anniversary of this trade period..........

Michael Collica Hawthorn West Coast Eagles draft pick #21
Greg Harding Fremantle West Coast Eagles Daniel Metropolis, draft pick #51
Mark Merenda Richmond West Coast Eagles draft pick #57
Michael Prior Essendon West Coast Eagles draft pick #27
David Sierakowski St Kilda West Coast Eagles Fraser Gehrig
Richard Taylor Hawthorn West Coast Eagles draft pick #21

So let me get this straight:
  • Port's F1 and Pick 13 basically cancel each other out
  • Port took on the contract of just about the worst player in the league (Atkins)
  • So basically they've traded a dual AA/one of their top 3-4 players for a nobody (Richards), Jack Watts Lukosius and a late second?
That's an absolute all-timer.

Well, I guess we're not the only interstate club with a blunder today.

I refuse to believe as a rebuilding side that we'll be going into this stacked draft with 12 and 26

I hope Pyke/Clarke have something else planned in addition to some whatever the Barrass deal nets us

Great, but this scenario has little or no bearing on trading Baker and Pick 3 this year.

As soon as Hawks traded their first rounders, it pretty much destined us to getting next years F1 for Barrass. So okay, take that and use it for Warner next year, keep Pick 3 this year and use it.

Us trading Pick 3 for 12, Baker and Owies does not change our draft hand next year to get Warner.

I guess I'm saying that Hawks forced us to pivot?

I dunno mate, I'm trying to get it makes sense so I can stop weeping.

We are just marking the 25th anniversary of this trade period..........

Michael Collica Hawthorn West Coast Eagles draft pick #21
Greg Harding Fremantle West Coast Eagles Daniel Metropolis, draft pick #51
Mark Merenda Richmond West Coast Eagles draft pick #57
Michael Prior Essendon West Coast Eagles draft pick #27
David Sierakowski St Kilda West Coast Eagles Fraser Gehrig
Richard Taylor Hawthorn West Coast Eagles draft pick #21
Yep 2 GF’s just a few years down the track👍

No, it's time to laugh again!

You're right of course

giphy-ash-crazy-evil-dead.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season