List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyways, I’ve moved on, I’m now focussing my energies on melting about us choosing the wrong F1 out of Hawks and Carlton’s in the trade.
Hahaha imagine if we accepted 1 F1 and they made us choose.
Rooster Teeth Wolf GIF by Achievement Hunter

At this point, who’d say no to pick for North’s F? They offered it to the Suns for

I’d love two cracks at Dyson Sharp next year who’s an incredible all rounded midfield prospect

Could trade back into this draft with whatever we get for Barrass with GWS or Sydney.

Barrass cant be traded under any circumstances now. We are pushing for finals football so gotta go all the way with it . We cant bring in 3 27 year old leprechauns and call it a rebuild.

This is a premiership push

I agree that's where the club thinks we are, and they may be right. But it's still a smart bit of business to move Barrass on. Harry Edwards is fine for a 2nd key defender and Bazzo is a fine backup for him. Most likely we finish 2nd or 3rd next year but fall short in a prelim or come runners up. And then we will be thankful for all the first rounders in the 2025 draft and get Warner in as the final list piece. 2026 Premiers. And by some margin you'd think.

I'm ok with it. Not getting the melts on here.
Way I see it -
Downgrading 68 to 73 is negligible. Whatever.

Trading 63 for Owies is good. Would trade that range pick for an established half decent player anytime.

Downgrading 3 to 12 and Baker is ok. Never going to know who we rated at 3 or how they would have gone compared to who we will take at 12 (or wherever it ends up being). Pick 3 could be a Masten, could be a Judd...

Would I have preferred to keep 14 rather than Baker? Maybe. But a bird in the hand and all...

It's certainly not the worst ever, let's sack everyone and burn down the club trade that most are making it out as.

I know it’s a big if BUT
IF we land warner next year, we’re back.
Not hearing anything else
It is a big IF ... but you're right. Reid (3rd season) and Warner

The other big IF is Kelly and Yeo - if they're still performing at a top level, we could be a very competitive side in 2026, assuming everyone else is also fit and firing.

Our midfield and forward line will look pretty good.

Our backline currently looks like our weakest line in 2026

I had some fun and looked at the last super draft, being 2001. I would have been happy to trade down. Why the fascination with the top picks?

Here is my fantasy pick, taking one selection from each round. That would be:
R1(3) Chris Judd, R2(24) Stevie J, R3(40) Gary Ablett Jnr, R4(58) Dane Swan, R5 (Pass), R6(71) Brian Lake. Then into Rookie Draft, R1(5) Andrew Carrazzo, R2(23) Matthew Boyd, R3(33) Aaron Sandilands.

Cherry picking you say? Here is my alternate picks for each round:
R1(8) Jimmy Bartel, R2(29) Lewis Roberts-Thompson, R3(36) Sammy Mitchell, R4(56) Paul Medhurst, R5 (Pass), R6(76) Jared Poulton. Then into Rookie Draft R1(6) Mark Jamar, R2(25) Nathan Bock, R3(40) Ben Rutten.

You get the idea.
It’s not a super draft until we know it’s a super draft. Everyone in the media is simply talking it up and are hopeful it’s one. More than likely it’s just a good draft.

Wait for the next part of draft day with the hawks

Eagles - we want your two future firsts. Thats right, all of them.

Hawks - 30 second pause. Then “ok”

Eagles - 30 second pause. They talk internally…”what else do we need? We need a previously high draft pick that hasn’t hit his straps yet…DGB!

Eagles - that deal is now off the table. We want your future firsts and… DGB.

Hawks - where did that come from?

Eagles - you get Tom barass and you get to bring home another premiership and save face among your fans. Say it with me you pancake eating mother feckers…2 x future firsts and DGB!

Hawks - …ok…deal.
Don't kid yourself.
Grainger-Barras ain't no Putney.

ClAt this point, who’d say no to pick 12 for North’s F1? They offered it to the Suns for 13…

I’d love two cracks at Dyson Sharp next year who’s an incredible all rounded midfield prospect

Could trade back into this draft with whatever we get for Barrass with GWS or Sydney.
Yeah f**k it, let's f**kin' do it.
Who cares about the 2024 draft anymore.
Let's just blow it all up.
Would be fun to have only one shot with pick 26.
Pick 26, Champion match and Maric upgrade. 3 picks used. Done. 👏
Happy Rajpal Yadav GIF by Bombay Softwares

Feel for you guys it's a shit trade. Hopefully Carlton screw up and draft another Paddy Dow. And with some luck you may draft a gun with 12

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How funny that I envy Saints draft hand despite them being a borderline finals quality team. 7+8 would be great for us, and they got 8 by losing a player inferior to TB. Sux
Outsiders view obviously but it seems to me you guys had two valuable assets to deal with this off season being pick 3 and TB with pick 3 in this draft being more valuable. Easier to see in hindsight but I think you could’ve done all your other business, baker, owned etc with TB and then put pick 3 up for auction and maybe even got 7+8. I think you may’ve played good cards in the wrong order and got a poor result.

I don’t understand the fascination with getting Warner? People pinning their hopes on a dude that goes missing when the going gets tough and needs to get his hands dirty aka another Tim Kelly.

He’s no messiah and he alone won’t even move the needle at our club, heck Judd and Ablett at their prime wouldn’t even do much at our shambles of a club right now, we need plenty of talented players not just one flashy cherry on top dude.

I’d be livid if we sold the farm for him

We have a reputation for being complete easy beats at the trade table, there is zero chance we get what we want, because now everyone knows we will cave.
It's just pandering to your mates to get them a gig....it's a conflict of interest where the interests of the club comes last

just a boys club thats the only way to describe this trade farce

So we paid Baker good coin for 5 years.

Had he played 1 more season at RFC he would have qualified as a FA.

How did we not agree with RFC that he be signed for 1 more season then we throw 4 years and $ to trigger Band 1.

No trade for us. Get him for nothing.

RFC get Band 1 next season and likely Top 3 pick.

So many options… Why????

I agree that's where the club thinks we are, and they may be right. But it's still a smart bit of business to move Barrass on. Harry Edwards is fine for a 2nd key defender and Bazzo is a fine backup for him. Most likely we finish 2nd or 3rd next year but fall short in a prelim or come runners up. And then we will be thankful for all the first rounders in the 2025 draft and get Warner in as the final list piece. 2026 Premiers. And by some margin you'd think.
Ben Cousins is that you.

“Most likely we finish 2nd or 3rd next year but fall short in a prelim or come runners up.”

delusional

Pyke saying PSD is not how we do business...

Mate... It's literally a legal avenue to use in trade negotiations with out of contract players.

And Pykey was saying we’re going to pull all the levers …….. is seems, except this one.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back