List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the only list manager that was trigger happy is West Coast’s. putting everything in the line for Baker who is worth a second rounder at best and is 27 years old and he traded out pick 3 in a super draft.

Happy for you to keep TB but you need atleast another F1 to be in the running for Warner next year.

The only KPD to be traded for two firsts is Lever who was 21 at the time. Barrass is 29 and has back issues which he has publicly stated. A F1 and F2 is a fair trade IMO without you sending anything back.

If you don’t trade him you have a 30 year old defender next year on your books with less draft capital to use before Tassie comes in, making the future drafts more compromised.

Your club has sold you an unrealistic dream and failed to deliver. The proof is in the pudding today and it will be either way it goes tomorrow.

You can’t pull the 29 years old card if you’re offering 5 years

I wonder if Pykes plan is to trade our F1 to Tigers for 6. Lets them take a top 5 pick again next year and we get a mid at 6 and that’s why we didn’t bargain harder for Baker?
Part of a bigger picture? Clutching at straws here

I actually rang the club today to make a complaint about there trading was told to email then and it would be taken on board

I then got a phone call back late this afternoon from our CEO

Was it a recorded message?

So what do we give to get Dev and Malaki? Can we go into deficit for Malaki? Will Brisbane give us Dev, and picks 34 and 49 for 26?

I actually rang the club today to make a complaint about there trading was told to email then and it would be taken on board

Did you remind him of Fremantle's early history of doing such trades and how that faired?

This irks me to the bone. baker firstly isn’t worth what we paid for but at the end of the day he isn’t a star player or a young/mid 20’s player on the cusp of being a star. He’s a good honest foot soldier. Type of player you would be happy to get but not bend over backwards to get. Look it could even be justified if we are contending and needing to bolster up the list but this response from the dog is utter crap and needs to be revisited in few years time if/when we are still in the same position as we are currently in. Totally expected Pyke to be a no nonsense character that will show a spine and make some tough calls but what he did was roll over without any form of fight.
IMG_0635.jpeg

Pick 12 since 2006. Hopefully we get a Zac Butters rather than a Kane Lucas
1000023894.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was working the phones today was he, covering lunch breaks?

Come on now…

Again I don't love the deal but the melts here have been getting absolutely excessive. It is not going to "set our club back 5 years" or "cost us our next premiership". We are getting pick 12 instead of pick 3 in a draft that projects as pretty even. Any pick could be a bust, but one failed pick rarely ruins a club.

We paid overs (again) and it is very frustrating and a bad look but we will survive. I agree the trend of bad trades is concerning but in the end it's not even going to be the worst trade this week (Rioli) - and between either Collingwood or Port it may well not even have been the worst trade today.

The absolute worst part about this whole debacle for me is that for a good 5 years the supporters could see what needs/needed to be done regarding our list yet the club have been completely blind for some mind blowing reason.

From not trading players at their peak to giving aging players contracts they didn’t deserve, to the credits crew that we all knew was not going to fix anything, to not hitting the draft and getting youth in for the rebuild that was clearly needed as we were about to fall off the cliff. The list goes on

The supporters knew all of this and were calling out for it years ago!!

That has to be the most brutal part of it all for me and has made me completely resent the club and verging on the point of hatred for a club I have loved since I was a kid.

Today was just icing on the shit sandwich cake
Unfortunately that's exactly how I feel. Hatred for my club. 37 years. Gone.

I dispise this organisation. They are not my club anymore.

And Pykey was saying we’re going to pull all the levers …….. is seems, except this one.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pyke just allows words to come out of his mouth. I don't think his brain is involved at the stage of talking. Or what's scarier, his brain is involved, and he's a Turkey. I think we've got a lemon with pyke, unfortunately. He may need to be Ken Judged and moved on quickly.

While I agree with the points about the PSD, Freo's offer is irrelevant if Baker only wants to go to West Coast. They should have stared Richmond down.

Yeah okay, so if Freo are offering pick 11 and the Eagles pick 26, why on earth wouldn’t Richmond just go ahead and trade him to Freo? They’ve done right by him in trading to his home state and done well for their club by getting a first round pick. Just because WCE was Baker’s preferred destination doesn’t mean that Richmond would take a much worse deal to accommodate him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back