List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Listening to pyke on the news makes me puke, he's trying to say it will be alright after the Barrass trade. F**k him we could have got another young gun in the door. By the sounds of it Baker had something over the club. Don't they realise you will only have 2 years to rebuild then the draft will be really compromised. Thats why Richmond have gone hard and got rid of the older players.
I think you are missing a pretty important fact that the Tigers wanted to resign Baker.

Last edited:
I agree that's where the club thinks we are, and they may be right. But it's still a smart bit of business to move Barrass on. Harry Edwards is fine for a 2nd key defender and Bazzo is a fine backup for him. Most likely we finish 2nd or 3rd next year but fall short in a prelim or come runners up. And then we will be thankful for all the first rounders in the 2025 draft and get Warner in as the final list piece. 2026 Premiers. And by some margin you'd think.
2nd or 3rd last right?

This has tipped the tribe into some weird irrational stuff it seems.
Yep, been holding back on saying this but watching the 900 pages of the two Trade & Contract threads - mostly with SFA happening - gives me an insight into how groupthink overtakes people (e.g. so they’ll even consider a truly despicable individual like Trump). All emotion. Minimal facts. Echo chambers. Etc etc.

‘Now for another perspective we’re crossing to Gaza to see how they feel about the Pick 3 trade.’

I feel sorry for Baker. He is going to be right under the microscope next year. Through no fault of his own.

Pyke needs to do a much, much better job of selling it than the pathetic effort in his interview with Duffield.

Guy bleated on about Richmond getting fair trade compensation and there have been suggestions that Graham signing with us was contingent Baker coming, all of which had Eagles on the back foot with negotiations.

Clarke & Pyke didn't have the balls to walk away, but Baker played his role too.

Hilarious and scary thing Is we actually have our team.

FB : Hunt, H.Edwards. Hough
HB: Ginbey, McGovern, Duggan
C: Baker, Yeo, Cole
HF: Ryan, Allen, Hutchison
FF: Owies, Waterman, J.Williams
R: Flynn, Kelly, Reid
I/C : Long, Graham, B.Williams, Hewett
EMG : Bazzo, Chesser, Maric, Johnston

Wow….

Wow….
Cole on the wing and not maric makes me hate you

Guy bleated on about Richmond getting fair trade compensation and there have been suggestions that Graham signing with us was contingent Baker coming, all of which had Eagles on the back foot with negotiations.

Clarke & Pyke didn't have the balls to walk away, but Baker played his role too.
This doggy doo is on Pyke. Not the new richmond recruiter and coach as these guys have no idea and blinded by conflict of interests. Pyke signed off on this and must own it. He is done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm at acceptance I think

If we do land Dev Rob that's 4 new players into our 22 from the crap shoot we've been watching the last 4 years

Change was needed so will be refreshing to watch something different at least

Wouldn’t that be fun if Dev was traded for Pick 12 ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This doggy doo is on Pyke. Not the new richmond recruiter and coach as these guys have no idea and blinded by conflict of interests. Pyke signed off on this and must own it. He is done.

Settle no-one is perfect but overall the new CEO is pretty damn good .
There are parts to this rebuild puzzle and one of those parts we filled today , some experienced campaigners who will give the team some backbone .
More parts of the puzzle to fill though ..

Above Richmond? So we've brought in players to teach our guys how to win from one of the only teams who won less than us this year...genius take
No they have bought in Player's who set high standards and full an age list profile. Baker is elite in a lot of stars and his mate is a free hit.

Your saying that player's from team's down the ladder don't know what is required to win in an afl system. Teams can get stuck In a rut of loosing, West Coast are. Your saying player's like McGovern, Yeo, Harley and Baker must not know what it takes to win because they are in teams at the bottom of the ladder.

Wow….
This is what a lot of people have overlooked about the state of our list. The best 18 is there already. Some need time but they're not going back to the WAFL. It's the bench players that aren't up to AFL standard due to age or ability that come on the field and break a chain or don't know where to be or are a touch too slow for the level. We will now have the "luxury" of playing such players at WAFL level and making them earn their way into the AFL side, something we couldn't say two years ago.

I'd love to have a top 6-8 pick this draft to go along with 12 but the reality is that one or both of those players would be coming via the WAFL (not a bad thing) because we now have an AFL standard team. Still not a very good one but the bones are there.

The biggest tragedy from all this is that our 2024 draft hand is absolutely putrid.
We only have 12, 26 & 73. Plus Baker & Owies.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we could have had 3, 26, 33*, 63 & 68. Plus Baker.
No idea who if pick 33 was ever on the table though.
It sickens me that we have only 2 usable picks, plus a late pick to perhaps match a bid on Champion.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back