List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet Hawthorn are now good again, and here’s how the top 10 in their best and fairest were acquired:

1. Jai Newcombe - pick 2, mid-season draft
2. Dylan Moore - pick 67, national draft
3. Jarman Impey - acquired for late 2nd and 3rd round picks
4. James Worpel - pick 45, national draft
5. Blake Hardwick - pick 44, national draft
6. Connor MacDonald - pick 26, national draft
7. Karl Amon - unrestricted free agent
8. Jack Scrimshaw - acquired with a 4th round pick for a 3rd round pick
9. Jack Ginnivan - basically acquired for moving up a few spots in the 2nd round and moving up from a 4th round to a 3rd round pick
10. Massimo D’ambrosio - acquired for Essendon moving up from a 4th round to a 3rd round pick

So look at that list. Only one premium pick (Scrimshaw), and he was very heavily devalued by the time Gold Coast traded him. Otherwise it’s a stack of mid-season and rookie draftees and late round picks, and astute trades.

Point being that hoarding high draft picks is far from the only way to build a good side up from the ashes.
main word here being ASTUTE trades. they haven't gone out and sold the farm and then when that blew up the team gone out and done it again.

i actually like baker and think owies can offer something, but 2 months ago if you told me both would be on our list right now, i would've thought we probably shipped out some 3rd and 4th round picks. not bloody pick 3.

Hawks will smell blood.

We will get 2x 2nd rounders or something because of "commitments"

What a rabble we have become. Laughing stock of the AFL

Pyke needs to commit to sitting on his fist
We'll try to save face and push the Hawks. Probability a deal doesn't get done has gone up exponentially.

I'd prefer it to be two F1s or F off, but today showed we don't have that level of spine, so you're probably right.

Which F1 would we prefer though? Blues or Hawks? I'm tempted for Hawks, as I suspect they're highly likely to drink their own bathwater. It would be a delicious twist in this tale of it ended up as a top 4 pick next year.

Yeah I reckon we take the Hawks f1. Either could backfire but at least we'd get some satisfaction out of it being the Hawks. End of the day it's Sydneys problem more than ours if they finish top 4 next year, which I don't think they will.

Trading for warner is kelly all over again. Wce should be using their first round picks in the draft. That's how they secured Naitanui, Judd, kerr and almost every star player since inception.
Had we kept pick 3 I'd be happy to go after Warner. Now it's a bridge too far.

I know it’s a big if BUT
IF we land warner next year, we’re back.
Not hearing anything else
Selling the farm again?

and wheres our next ruck coming from?
Half back flankers with speed and precision
- that's right we have shit stain Baker
Outside mids? we need 2
Balanced inside outside mids? Any recruits coming?
What about accumulating ball pigs?

But let's piss all our picks up against the wall for come player

It's a dockeresque mega trade everything for one player deal.

Trading back into the draft via Richmond has to be the go

After they've done the Rioli and Bolton deals

Maybe its 12 down to 18 and 20

Or something involving our F1

12 and 26 can't be it

Need to get the idea of 'the secret handshake we have with richmond' that gets us back into the top 10 of this draft using hawks f1. We are so soft we will take 33 and Hawks f1 tomorrow with our f3 prob going back. 33 prob gets used on Dev. Absolute shit show from the wce hierarchy in a stacked draft.

2024 - 12, 26, 33(Dev), 73, Baker, Owies, Graham

2025 - R1,R1(hawks),R2,R4

On SM-A155F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having finally calmed down, I'm at my acceptance stage.

Goodluck to Baker and Owies.

At the end of the day it's just a game and these guys are human after all.

I may not agree with how it happened but what's done is done and we still get some more assets through Barrass.

Fu*k Pyke, Clarke and our list managers tho.

My last post in this thread was at 8.24 this morning - post #13,761

As I type this we’re at #15,196 and likely another 10+ posts before I finish this one

That’s 1,435 in a little over 12 hours - roughly 2 posts a minute. It’s been unrelenting

I’ve read every one of those posts and in between work and other things it’s taken me until now to catch up. For most of the day I’ve been 15-20 pages behind. Step away from the thread for half an hour and I’m 5 pages further behind

So by the time I read an oppo supporters post it’s buried 15 pages back from the most recent post and so far back in the dust trail it’s irrelevant. Besides none of the posts have been as damning on our club as what our own supporters have posted

Maybe I’ve missed one or two posts that should’ve been actioned but tbh after reading 1,000+ posts mostly dumping on the club, often justified, I’ve tended to glaze over some of them. It’s been downright depressing

Forgive me then for not ****ing off a few slightly annoying hawks fans. Especially when not a single post has been reported to highlight anything problematic
I've been on BF many a year, and this is the most blown up I've ever seen this board - I went to sleep this afternoon for work, four hours later it was 80 pages longer.

Absolutely wild.

You almost need casual mods on the payroll when Clarke is going to blow things up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top ten picks for teams that have won the last 2 premierships

Cam Rayner pick 1
Will Ashcroft pick 4
Callum Ah Chee pick 8
Joe Daniher pick 10
Hugh McCluggage pick 3

Nick Daicos pick 4
Steele Sidebottom pick 10
Scott Pendlebury pick 5
Jordan De Goey pick 5
Darcy Moore pick 9
Will Hoskin Elliott pick 4

If I added the rest of their first round selections I’d be typing all night.

Oh and in comparison we currently have 2.

Harley Reid pick 1
Reuben Ginbey pick 9

You may be able to be competitive putting together a team of scraps but the cream always rises to the top
Take out the F/S selections and the players traded in, and see what Bris and Coll are left with.

I've been on BF many a year, and this is the most blown up I've ever seen this board - I went to sleep this afternoon for work, four hours later it was 80 pages longer.

Absolutely wild.

You almost need casual mods on the payroll when Clarke is going to blow things up

Mods are anything but casual
IMG_6543.jpeg

Give off with the Warner shit.

You don't win flags by selling the farm for overpriced players at the peak of their value ffs. It'd be a disaster, he'd cost 2 first rounders minimum. Probably our 2nd+F2 as well with Clarke in charge.

We did that with Kelly, it backfired spectacularly and set us back. We don't want to be trading out of NEXT year's draft for Warner after today's absolute shit show.

When you get a top pick you USE it. Stop splitting, stop trading. Either back your talent scouts to find good young top end prospects to add to a rebuilding side, or sack them and find one's who can.

I’m overseas but have heard that Pyke was trying to defend this calamity

Reckon he’s lost the faith of the members over this

The end should be nigh
He was.

And in the most haughty, dismissive and condescending tone you can imagine.

I was a Pyke fan until today but after this i would rapt if he quit or was sacked.

Trading back into the draft via Richmond has to be the go

After they've done the Rioli and Bolton deals

Maybe its 12 down to 18 and 20

Or something involving our F1

12 and 26 can't be it
I think there will definitely be opportunities to trade with the Tigers, they will surely try to push some of there picks into next year.

When does the Melting Period officially end?
It might get worse. They might sell Barrass tomorrow for a F2 out of some sense of obligation to Barrass.

They are clearly determined to offload him. They have loudly and stupidly telegraphed that. Hawthorn will have seen that and will no doubt continue to hold the line with a low ball offer. And we will accept it when there is 10 mins to go in the trade period.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back