List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Play Gov as a Swingman/third tall. Problem solved. Playing Gov would be immensely better than having to play Rotham.

Bro if we go into 2025 with Rotham still on our list after how positive we all were going into this trade period, I'm sending a flaming bag to WCE HQ

Given Don has exposed our intentions, hawks know we want to get back into this draft and we need their picks to do that. I see this playing out 2 ways.

1) they keep the F1 and F2 offer active right up to the deadline hoping we cave early and accept so we can do something with it and trade back into this year.

2) if we don't bite the above, they will offer 2xF1 with a F3 going back at the very end of the trade period, so we cant do anything with the F1s until the draft.

they can basically **** us in both options.

We could avoid this by trading our F1 into an early pick this year

Given Don has exposed our intentions, hawks know we want to get back into this draft and we need their picks to do that. I see this playing out 2 ways.

1) they keep the F1 and F2 offer active right up to the deadline hoping we cave early and accept so we can do something with it and trade back into this year.

2) if we don't bite the above, they will offer 2xF1 with a F3 going back at the very end of the trade period, so we cant do anything with the F1s until the draft.

they can basically **** us in both options.
Option 2 doesnt hurt us.
We can work with clubs over the next month to work out a trade of picks to get back into this draft. Just means the fans wont know what we hold until draft night when the trades are made.

Sam Mitchell speech at B&F said they would be getting Tom Barrass over , massive fail for Sam Mitchell too.

The silence around Barrass is weird.

If Rioli + steak knives are worth 6, 23 then Barrass + F3 for 2x F1 (expected late teen picks) should be done and dusted.

Rioli is only a year younger than Barrass and a hell of a lot less important to a team's structure.

Unfortunately what Gold Coast trade for players doesn’t reflect that players value. They are a blight on the competition because of this. Can throw top 6 picks away for B grade players and still get a top 5 prospect for next to nothing

Hmm I'm getting worried.
TBH I don't mind keeping TB, and it won't be the first time that a trade has fell apart and a player stayed.
But a bit worried about the discord between him and the club if they stick to their guns with his contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is trade period over guys?

Not even close.

As of now Tigers have picks 1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23.and 24.

20 was from a pick swap. Pick 1 and 23 they already held.

They have lost Bolton, Rioli, Baker and Graham.

And in return got 6, 10, 11, 18 and 42.

Nice picks but for losing THAT much quality I would want a top 3 pick somewhere in the mix.

Tiges will go shopping for Norths pick 2 or our F1st IMO.

There’s yet another period of that open from tomorrow to Nov 8th, and then again on trade night. May still happen today but plenty of time if they are interested in pick swaps

Yes - TB traded for 2x F1 with F3 going back!!!!

I hope!! 😂
Are You Kidding Come On GIF by Sacramento Kings

Hmm I'm getting worried.
TBH I don't mind keeping TB, and it won't be the first time that a trade has fell apart and a player stayed.
But a bit worried about the discord between him and the club if they stick to their guns with his contract.

It is clear that the terms of the trade were known to all parties at least 6 weeks out from the season end.

It was pick 10 and 30 or thereabouts.

TB would have been aware of this.

Now Hawks are offering the equivalent of pick 14 (by their own rating).

So they are reneging on the deal. Plain and simple. We don't have any other choice to be honest.

Boxshall tested very well, great late pick IMO.
When you say late, do you mean late late cause we got 73 now

On SM-A155F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tin foil hat on, I know…

But Crows aren’t coming to the table with what GWS want for Peatling, they are threatening to walk him through the PSD

I’d be on the phone to Peatling’s manager offering him a juicy deal and saying we can get that deal done now.

Robertson is off the table and we’ll miss out on the top end mids in this draft.

Highly doubt Peatling changes his mind, but you never know, worth a crack at least.

What if Warner nominates Freo?
Then we ended up splitting a likely top 4 pick for 2 decent picks in a strong draft and get an extra year of development into them 🤷‍♂️
If we do get him and don't split the f1 then we are 2 mid first rounders worse off, as that pick will have to be used on warner

If we are backing ourselves to get him then legs back ourselves to get him.
Trafe our f1

Committed to the deal so they need to get it done , not all on WCE .

Here's the thing... Other than Don, does anybody actually care? You think the Vic media is going to put the torch on them?

Trades fall through all the time. Barrass is contracted and has 3 more years at WCE lined up. He isn't out on the street.

This whole "Committed" thing, along with "good faith" and "keeping healthy trade relations" is just lip service that means very little IMO.

What did last year's Brockman trade do for us exactly? We ponied up extra when we could've stiffed them, he'd already left Vic and was living in WA, and for what?

It really isn't the end of the world for Hawthorn if the deadline comes, nobody cares. They have Battle, it cost them nothing and they'll walk away from trade week content after pocketing Carlton's picks for their pick 14 as well.

Hmm I'm getting worried.
Hawks prob prepared to pay 2 x F1's but will leave to the last 5 minutes of the day so we blink first and cave in

On SM-A155F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hmm I'm getting worried.

That doesn’t worry me in the slightest, Hawks helped us by blowing up the draft, just to grandstand and be far(heads.
TB’s manager and Paul Conners already pissed at Hawks for their stunt.
Exonerates us from being the bad guys.

Tommy is a big boy sit him down and possibly give him a little bit more coin, and he accepts that he is an Eagle for life.

TB not being traded won’t have a big difference on our rebuild, sure it would have helped with a few more picks, but it was never going to be a game changer.
The rebuild is going to be slow and painful, just have to accept that.

Still plenty of time to get the trade done.

AND

Don’t forget that it might have already been done but the AFL loves to stage manage the suspense and choreography the whole event.

Got to keep people listening and watching the AFL programs ….. the longer the suspense the more dollars 💵 💵💵💵💵 for the AFL…. always look for the self interest.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back