List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
As much a reflection on our development as Rotham as a player. Leaves Luke Edwards as the only other delisting I expect.

From there I expect to see Maric moved onto the main list, take three national draft picks, two rookies with Burgiel, DGB and perhaps one or two others invited to train on with a view to fill that last spot in the SSP.

So we are in agreement then.

So you see no areas of improvement we are working on in our forward half?

No green shoots?

No plan?
Don't think I've said or even thought any of that.
But I will say again what I do think, we don't have enough high end talent on our list to contend

Don't think I've said or even thought any of that.
But I will say again what I do think, we don't have enough high end talent on our list to contend

Not what was being discussed. We were discussing the forward line and then taking 10 years to contend again.

It doesnt take 10 years to find high end talent. Harley is one. Allen and Waterman arent far off. A contender needs 4 or 5.

I agree with the above 100%. We need to unearth a couple more guns. Or trade them in.

With Rotham seemingly moving on, we now have 6 spots to fill - 5 on the main list and one rookie spot.

Another main list spot may open up if/when Luke Edwards is delisted/medically retired. Possibility that he is carried into next season on the rookie list if a medical decision isn’t made prior to cutoffs for list lodgements. If that happens we would have 6 main list spots available

Think we take 3 draft picks plus Champion

Sign a DFA prior to the draft

And leave one spot for a SSP/train on player

Edwards to be retained as a rookie if he’s cleared or be replaced via SSP or MSD depending on when a decision comes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not what was being discussed. We were discussing the forward line and then taking 10 years to contend again.

It doesnt take 10 years to find high end talent. Harley is one. Allen and Waterman arent far off. A contender needs 4 or 5.

I agree with the above 100%. We need to unearth a couple more guns. Or trade them in.
Sure mate, whatever. It was a flow on from your raise the floor comment, you realise that's how discussions work right? Bit of back and forth, new points are raised and the conversation moves on.

Without reading hundreds of pages - where is Winder at? Obviously, we should know more about him than 16 clubs at least.

His name has popped up a few times

I thought we could do worse than to sign him as a DFA and several other posters shared that same view

With Rotham seemingly moving on, we now have 6 spots to fill - 5 on the main list and one rookie spot.

Another main list spot may open up if/when Luke Edwards is delisted/medically retired. Possibility that he is carried into next season on the rookie list if a medical decision isn’t made prior to cutoffs for list lodgements. If that happens we would have 6 main list spots available

Think we take 3 draft picks plus Champion

Sign a DFA prior to the draft

And leave one spot for a SSP/train on player

Edwards to be retained as a rookie if he’s cleared or be replaced via SSP or MSD depending on when a decision comes

Moving Maric, Dewar or Hutchinson to the main list from the rookie could also be a play?

Hope people who were complaining we hadn’t cut deep enough are now happy. Couldn’t have really cut any deeper.

Sheed is the only other one I thought might be a chance but with the SSP system & Midseason draft it’s easy to replace him later if his foot/ankle doesn’t come good & delist him next year.

It also helps explain why we wanted Baker & Graham. We have lost a lot of experience at the top end & in that 23 - 27 year range.

There were [emoji6]-[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]] other accounts saying the same thing months / a year or so ago but I can’t find them now.

Went on North’s board a year or so ago and seen people mentioning this too.
Wtf is going on with all these emojis?

Moving Maric, Dewar or Hutchinson to the main list from the rookie could also be a play?

Dewar is a Cat B rookie so he stays there unless in the unlikely event there’s no bid on Champion and we are then able to prelist him as a Cat B.

That would require Dewar being moved to the rookie or main list

There’s no imperative to move guys onto the main list as from a playing POV there’s no difference

Rookie list wages also sit outside the salary cap other than match payments

The last 2 or 3 seasons we’ve run with 5 rookies so I don’t think we promote anyone onto the main list unless we have to

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back