List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Wat.

You mean Gold Coast captain Jarrod Witts? Who played 16 games this year and is contracted for 2 more seasons?

Or am i missing something and there's another player named Witts out there.
I was getting my Giants mixed up - I meant Preuss, ya Slag! I suspect you knew that anyway :p

So are those 3 worth taking in the second round as opposed to taking Dennis much later?

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's a great question and tough choice...
Personally, I think all the start of their ranges are from around our pick 26.

Someone like Mraz could really slide because of his injury (navicular foot injury) but he's 199cm athletic beast with good skills. Could be around where Dennis goes.

O'Farrell had his injuries but just a high quality footballer and think he'll go in the 30s.

Barrat likely go earliest, 20 to 35.

So with that in mind, at our pick 26 I'm going to use the old take best available at 26 as I think there will still be some real talent on the board at that pick. Hynes, Moraes, Gross, Oliver I'd have top 20 in other draft years.

Then use some future picks on one of the above if they go past 35. Mraz I'd hold off on until past 42, just worry about his injury but a pick past there is definitely worth the risk.

Someone like Mraz could really slide because of his injury (navicular foot injury) but he's 199cm athletic beast with good skills. Could be around where Dennis goes.

O'Farrell had his injuries but just a high quality footballer and think he'll go in the 30s.

So with that in mind, at our pick 26 I'm going to use the old take best available at 26 as I think there will still be some real talent on the board at that pick. Hynes, Moraes, Gross, Oliver I'd have top 20 in other draft years.

Then use some future picks on one of the above if they go past 35. Mraz I'd hold off on until past 42, just worry about his injury but a pick past there is definitely worth the risk.
Cheers mate
Just on moraes, are his skills by foot as bad as I've been reading in other threads?
He's slid a fair bit this year

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I trust your wisdom.

Jamieson.
I had thought he was a likely miss, until one of his efforts earlier in the season.
I reckon there's an outside chance he pulls off a Jake Waterman-esque surprising resurgence. Just a gut feel after watching him train and in games.

Am I crazy?

Personally I think Ginbey bulked up too much over the last off-season just like Rowell did in his 1st season. I think if he can work on his running and trim a little he'll become a much more rounded player this season. Really looking to see the progress Hall makes over the pre-season. Would love to see him given a lot more time learning from Yeo. "Hutch" on the other hand will just shine. Has Junkyard Dog traits (not the latter version).

Personally I think Ginbey bulked up too much over the last off-season just like Rowell did in his 1st season. I think if he can work on his running and trim a little he'll become a much more rounded player this season. Really looking to see the progress Hall makes over the pre-season. Would love to see him given a lot more time learning from Yeo. "Hutch" on the other hand will just shine. Has Junkyard Dog traits (not the latter version).
Ginbey just needs to eat grass like Rowell. He'll be right then.

How many list spots do we actually have? Will we medically retire Luke Edwards before the draft or wait until after the draft and take a train on player?

How many list spots do we actually have? Will we medically retire Luke Edwards before the draft or wait until after the draft and take a train on player?
All signs point to wait for the AFL, probably a train on / SSP gig.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad we don't have pick 3 because the draft is even

I'm glad we traded to get Kelly then missed out on Warner

I hope we trade out of next year's draft to get Warner instead of going hard at the draft and developing our own players

I would rather pay overs for players that want a cushy contract

We have become a ****ing pleb team

I very much hope he is retired/delisted before the draft. If that’s the case we’ll have six main list spots and one rookie spot. I hope we can generate two more national draft picks in the 2R, one with Essendon and one with Richmond. Maric may be moved to the main list to make it 5 and 2 spots respectively.

Hutchingtonson is the one I'm most excited about as well. In his first game you could see he was gassed and his disposal was lesser because of it and he was just one step off the pace but you could see he was making almost good position a tonne of the time and putting all his effort he had into every contest.

That performance with no AFL pre-season was super impressive and he only got better. With a proper pre-season or two I think we're going to have a serious player if we can retain him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back