Cousins back to Perth - Freo in the hotseat

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Cousins needed to play atleast half a dozen WAFL/VFL games? That's practically 2 years out of the game, 31 next season, dodgey hammy's................

Surely Cousins needed to play atleast half a dozen WAFL/VFL games? That's practically 2 years out of the game, 31 next season, dodgey hammy's................

agreed. IMO he doesnt seem interested in footy. You'd think he'd be training the house down & playing with a WAFL/VFL club to prove he is still up to it.
to me it seems he is more interested in making a documentary than getting his body right for next year.

ben at freo - no thanks!

Personally I would just love to see the reaction of the West Coast faithful if he ever did pull on the purple jumper in the Eagles home derby. Almost worth the risk :D

All clubs have players who take illicit drugs. They hung Ben out to dry for having no shirt on in Northbridge... way to go Eagles. Either way, Ben has appeared or is wanting to clean his drug issue up, so it is no longer an issue really. What is in issue is your joke of a club that is going to win the wooden spoon after winning the GF 18 months ago. What a rabble of a team..... shows how much Cousins added to your team, if you can actually call that rabble a team.

So because he appears to, or wants to clean himself up it's all good now Memories? You are clearly more stupid than you already appear if that's what you think. Drug addiction is not as simple as just wanting to change or trying to change. Cousins is the last thing this football club needs.

So because he appears to, or wants to clean himself up it's all good now Memories? You are clearly more stupid than you already appear if that's what you think. Drug addiction is not as simple as just wanting to change or trying to change. Cousins is the last thing this football club needs.

Personally and I know my opinion isn't widely held among the populace, I don't really care if he is an addict, as long as he doesn't have any "incidents" like running from the booze bus, sleeping in public, etc.

He can play the game when he's an addict so it won't affect his football unless he has an incident. But yeah, looks like he has cleaned it up for real this time so no big issue imo.

Personally and I know my opinion isn't widely held among the populace, I don't really care if he is an addict, as long as he doesn't have any "incidents" like running from the booze bus, sleeping in public, etc.

He can play the game when he's an addict so it won't affect his football unless he has an incident. But yeah, looks like he has cleaned it up for real this time so no big issue imo.

So you don't think his health, both physical and mental, would be likely to suffer if he is still struggling with his addiction, and so long as he is playing good football you really don't care?

I think it's very sad if that's the attitude you've got. :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The seen is set for cousins to line up for Freo.
The No.9 jumper is vacant. There will be no better person to wear it.
For all you cousin baggers, what you have to realise is that Cousin's at 30yrs will prob be the fittest player at the club. He is a player that can handle the top taggers in the comp, and go hard for the ball( more than what some of our players are doing now.) Cousins will play AFL until he is 34-35 if he keeps his body in shape. We need depth players with the retirements and delisting/trading which will happen at seasons end, and to pick him up at minimal cost in the draft is good value.

The seen is set for cousins to line up for Freo.
The No.9 jumper is vacant. There will be no better person to wear it.
For all you cousin baggers, what you have to realise is that Cousin's at 30yrs will prob be the fittest player at the club. He is a player that can handle the top taggers in the comp, and go hard for the ball( more than what some of our players are doing now.) Cousins will play AFL until he is 34-35 if he keeps his body in shape. We need depth players with the retirements and delisting/trading which will happen at seasons end, and to pick him up at minimal cost in the draft is good value.

Scene

If cousins is picked up
We will be paying him a fair sum of our salary cap
Which could be the diff between keeping Warnock and letting him go
WCE cut him down to 200k a year after rehab with strick guide lines before he got the boot. So he would prob play for anything and any amount just as long as he plays.

The Superstar that is Cousins i hope would never lower himself to go to Fremantle if thaat was his only option. Just keep to the modeling with the chicks. Fremnatle have missssed there window and there only chance for a FLAG. Ur team will be in the booooooottttttttoooooooommmmmm for the next 4-6 years and that is being truthful.....:cool:

If cousins is picked up
We will be paying him a fair sum of our salary cap
Which could be the diff between keeping Warnock and letting him go

His asking price would not be high. But I still see sides like Collingwood as being in the hot seat to grab him. Wherever he goes there will be a lot of supporters back peddling. I think most people have cracked a cheesy Benny joke at some stage.

There is that uncertainty of how long his body would hold up. He could go around until he's in his mid 30's, but then again he could bomb out pretty quickly. If he did get picked up he'd likely suffer a few soft tissue injuries due to his time out of the game. Going forward will he be more like Nathan Buckley or Robert Harvey?

He certainly appears to have the fitness to play until he is 33+ you would think, but still he has been out of the game a long time.

I also heard from a relative in the media that he still wants to play for the Eagles. However as much as I'd love to see that I can't imagine it happening.

So you don't think his health, both physical and mental, would be likely to suffer if he is still struggling with his addiction, and so long as he is playing good football you really don't care?

I think it's very sad if that's the attitude you've got. :thumbsdown:

Mate I don't have a feeling for every person going around, do you? Sounds a bit girly. :confused:

Either way if Cousins wants to play a game of footy, thinks he can and nominates, and we pick him up..... then yeah it's all on him if it comes undone. He won't though imo, so yeah.

No point comparing it to those problems, you know why?

1) We are getting rid of 8-10 players this year. We need to find quality players. Ben is one
2) We won't be wasting anything worthwhile getting him. A pick in the PSD or a late pick in the ND is nothing to us

Excellent summary.

He'll also be on bugger all money and a performance based contract. The worst that could happen is that we will have a vacant spot in the list mid season if he goes of the rails.

Excellent summary.

He'll also be on bugger all money and a performance based contract. The worst that could happen is that we will have a vacant spot in the list mid season if he goes of the rails.

Yerp.... like the retirements we've had this year...like those kinda wasted spots. :) If Ben goes completely CRAB like it won't be as bad as this season in regards to spots on our team. We lack so much depth it isn't funny. Perennially injured players like Browne and Webster have wasted spots for YEARS. Thankfully they are getting the arse at the end of this year, giving us some depth.

Any freo fan who doesn't think getting Ben is a good idea is just....... not thinking clearly. See how most WCE fans don't want us to get him either, or are trying to make sure we all hate the idea? Take whatever the WCE supporters want, reverse it, and you have a good idea. So don't take Ben... is what they are saying... so we will take him.

Yerp.... like the retirements we've had this year...like those kinda wasted spots. :) If Ben goes completely CRAB like it won't be as bad as this season in regards to spots on our team. We lack so much depth it isn't funny. Perennially injured players like Browne and Webster have wasted spots for YEARS. Thankfully they are getting the arse at the end of this year, giving us some depth.

Any freo fan who doesn't think getting Ben is a good idea is just....... not thinking clearly. See how most WCE fans don't want us to get him either, or are trying to make sure we all hate the idea? Take whatever the WCE supporters want, reverse it, and you have a good idea. So don't take Ben... is what they are saying... so we will take him.

Not at all. Take the guy. It makes no difference who picks him up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cousins back to Perth - Freo in the hotseat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back