Autopsy Crows vs Hawks - Tear it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

Hodgey seems to be getting rave reviews here but I saw 2 turnovers that lead directly to Crows goals to go with 2 out on the full in the forward 50. If Schoey or Murph had ever done that in 1 game.... my lordy.... Hawks board meltdown! He did show some composure down back though

Undeniably true...

Is it just me or does Buddy look unfit and like he has lost a yard of pace? Can't seem to create separation from the defender in the last few games and is getting killed in the one on ones.

Two good wins with no impact at all from Buddy.

Just you mate.

Buddy was at least in it all day. Never gave up even though things weren't going his way.

Good to get another interstate win on the board but we were far from our best and some things will need to change before we take on the Swans next week if we're going to be any chance of winning.

Congrats on the win guys! was an amazing game!

Just have one question which has been bugging me. Liam Shiels 2 years ago looked like he was gonna be the next breakout out player in the league with the likes of Hannebury, Shuey, Redden etc. He was racking up heaps of posessions and was looking like becoming a very damaging player.

Since last year Hawthorn have made him play run with roles most weeks. My question is do you think he is being wasted in that role? I know liam well and know hes one of the most team orientated people you'll ever meet, and have any worries playing the team role. But yea i just feel the last 2 years hes kind of stalled and not taking his game to the next level

I feel the same sometimes mate, but I reckon he is just a quiet achiever.

Had an excellent game today I think, and slowed Dangerfield down in the 2nd half (somewhat)

Big story from the game "Umpires cost Crows win". Just wait.

Really hated watching the last few games. We're off at the moment and there has been some awful stuff in there. As such, have enjoyed the wins. Got a bit of Geelong "find a way" about them. Good signs.

I don't know why I even bothered responding to the Adelaide fans in the main board game day thread. They love blaming the umpires when they lose to us. That and having to hear their claim that franklin will not get suspended because he is the "afls poster boy", what a joke.

Paul Puopolo needs more love on this board. Chases, chases again and then chases some more. Never gives up and tries 110%. Doesn't look good on the stat sheet, but he's someone we'll always need.

Good game from Rough in the middle and Bruest is fast becoming a reliable inside mid. Wins it well on the inside, but not so much on the outside.

Gibson and Stratton. :thumbsu:

I don't know why I even bothered responding to the Adelaide fans in the main board game day thread. They love blaming the umpires when they lose to us. That and having to hear their claim that franklin will not get suspended because he is the "afls poster boy", what a joke.

Mate, I live in Adelaide, and it's embarrassing when Crows fans start up about umpiring. I'm sure they think if it wasn't for umpires they'd be on target for their 23rd straight undefeated flag this season. They've never lost to an opponent, only the umpires.

Another gutsy win. Those games are the difference between top 4 and being an also ran.

Adelaide will be ok, they'll be a "small ball" team rotating multiple mods through the forward line. Carlton demonstrate that it will take you only so far though.

The Adelaide board is some of the funnier stuff I have read. Suggesting buddy could have broken ottens neck with his headlock in the marking contest. If they even look twice at that incident I'll be surprised.

Good win considering how poorly we played. The draw is taking its toll now I think.

Really concerned about our run out of the back half when birchall is quiet. Think when whitecross comes back we should look at using him across half back.

It was reckless and intentional. It will definitely be looked at. Was very stupid from Buddy. I didn't think it was worth the 50 though since it wasn't late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see any of the game AFL app was unwatchable today and gave up. Relied on radio (awful, think only Crows were playing) and Big Footy game day thread (ridiculous crap by most - embarrassing).

4th win in 22 years v Crows @ AAMI! People be happy! Think we fell over the line in 2008 when Hodgey snapped one late in the game to win. That turned out alright...

Franko is a worry though. MMM gave him the 3 votes. You know which ones! Tredrea says "being easily put off his game too busy trying to wrestle everyone."

No vision for us either and relied on the horrible MMM call which was a crows only call. Hard to make too many comments from what I heard but Franklin and Rough horribly out of touch, good to hear Gunston back in it tonight but also seemed we struggled to hold it up in the clearances once Adel got back into the game post 1/4 time

It was reckless and intentional. It will definitely be looked at. Was very stupid from Buddy. I didn't think it was worth the 50 though since it wasn't late.

It shouldn't have been fifty - as Eddie kept pointing out - because it was in the marking contest. It was a free kick, not an action after the free was paid. And I agree with him. There was no 50 there. Reporting Franklin, possibly, but no 50.

Gunston

BBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Hahaha. Leading goal scorer
There was a moment before he kicked the first of his three goals where he was near the ball near the boundary line and was getting booed by the Crow ferals. He then paddled the ball over the boundary line and the Crow ferals gave a bronx cheer. He then turned to them and grinned with the look of 'sucked in/**** you' in his demeanor and then proceeded to go on and kick 3 goals. A nice way to stick it to them. :thumbsu:

Not the prettiest win but at this time of the year only the 4 points matters. Reamed by the umpires two weeks running and since we play the AFL's lovechild next week my money will be on three in a row. Overall tonight wasn't our greatest effort but the way we responded in the last quarter was pleasing to see.

Roughead - did some nice things but also made a number of basic errors
Mitchell - quietest game I've seen him play in years which really hurt us given how much we rely on him
Osborne - poor for the second week in a row
Hill - nice game from the youngster, he's been important for us this year
Sewell - not a massive performance in his first game back but having him there in the contests really helped
Hodge - quiet but stood up in the last quarter for the second week in a row
Lake - was bloody terrific last week
Gibson - great effort today, was everywhere in the second half. Really pleasing to see after he had the quiet one last week
Guerra - he's struggling this year
Gunston - best game this year, great to see him kicking goals again!
Hale - didn't see him take a contested mark which is pretty disappointing
Bruest - another strong performance
Franklin - less said the better
Shiels - bit quiet
Puopolo - faded in the second half but his effort in the first was great to see
Simpkin - not a huge impact but still better than Savage
Stratton - extremely solid as ever
Duryea - bit of a mixed bag, some nice things and a few mistakes. promising kid though

Next week will be a real test. Luckily its at the MCG and not in Sydney. Hodge, Lake & Guerra all seemed to be very sore so unfortunately we might have some withdrawals
You have no idea. The less postedmfrom you the better...

It shouldn't have been fifty - as Eddie kept pointing out - because it was in the marking contest. It was a free kick, not an action after the free was paid. And I agree with him. There was no 50 there. Reporting Franklin, possibly, but no 50.

Eddie just can't hide his hate. He was praying for Adelaide to win. Such a flog.

from AFL website RE Buddy:
"The effort against the Crows was only the second time in the superstar's 167-game career that he has failed to boot goals in consecutive games."

Suck that all you haters, im sure you'll still find reasons to pot the bloke but that stat earns him the right to have some quiet ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Crows vs Hawks - Tear it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back