Autopsy Crows vs Hawks - Tear it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

I love it when you get angry.

2790387-IF-you-know-what-i-mean.png

Bosk
Amazing
Speechless

The one thing I notice in here so often,is that some in this forum,over estimate our wins,and under estimate the opposition.Cautious is the best word..We are going to have a very tough game next week,I sure as hell won't under estimate them!,I will have a heart attack next week I think... :DI feel like that song "Shakin all over" lol
"
I'm tipping a loss, This 7 week period that AD gave us is taking it's toll. However, I am more than content to be 5-2 and will consider 6-1 to be a bonus. We are in an extremely good position to lock in a top 2 spot.

Massive wins!

Again, we were behind in Q4, and other side right on top. Again, franklin did less than nothing. And yet we found a way to win. Real steel. These wins are immense, especially considering what our draw would have taken out of us!

Our draw was ridiculously unfair and yet we are 5-1. We have won in WA, Adelaide and beaten other top 4 contenders on 6 day breaks. We have not played any of the 6 rubbish teams: GWS, Gc, Melb, dogs, bris or stk. by next week, Sydney will have played 4 of these, which for a reigning premier, is basically corrupt.

Anyhow, such a tough draw means we are basically playing a finals campaign now, and there will always be tough spots over such a long period. But to keep winning in the face of it is extraordinary. Go Hawks!!!

Well, winning ugly is still winning. Still lots of improvement to be had, particularly with our forward setup, but considering our opposition over the last six rounds, I'm quite happy to be 5-1 (and in fact rather surprised, but in a good way).

What is rather impressive is the fact we seem to be having big last quarters, quite the opposite from a couple of years ago. I was thinking during the 2nd quarter when our intensity dropped off, are we pacing ourselves? If so, it does seem to be paying off with wins. Sometimes ugly, but they are wins, and thus no one can accuse us of choking when we get up in the last.

I am really concerned about the game i am watching these days. For 35 years i have known what the decision would be when the umpire blows the whistle (apart from 1 clanger a game) Now i have no idea whats going to be paid. I will also add that i dont think its the green men being bad. They are just applying the terrible decisions of Bartlett andCo.
What have they done to the contested mark? I have zero idea what you can and cant do.
That free against Thompson is one of the most puzzling decisions i have seen in my life. If that was a correctdecision then Bartlett and co should be sacked immediately. Mind you it probably cancelled out 6 baffling decisions against us, especcially the Hill deliberate one.

Anyway onto the game. The 2nd qtr was terrible and im glad we turned it around in last half.
Roughy was immense
Captain was fantastic apart from 2 clangers
Gunner showed us why we got him
Stratts was very good
Gibbo was very good
Broooooost showed why he is now elite
Dangerfield is an absolute gun
Buddy is lucky the guy didnt break his neck. Keep playing like that Bud and you will be worth $500k at end of the year

I will take 5-1 after playing all finalists. The only team outside the 8 last year is Bombers and we will need our mids to be up and about to beat them.

Rest half the team against Swans and then get percentage in the next4

Go Hawkers

Gee's there are some snakey hawkers around the traps tonight (nothing that a few drinks and a reflection that we are 5 and 1 after a Vlad-Cheat-Draw will help mellow out...)
Even when the siren sounded, i was still aggro at how hard the boys had to work to grind that win out...
I worked out that changing the tyres on the mountain bike (after the game) was great therapy for bringing down the blood pressure:eek:

Buddy goalless, played poorly, lots of injuries, scarily one eyed crowd at AAMI where it's always hard to get the 4 points, and we win. Absolutely stoked. Showed enormous heart and steel in that game, most other sides would have been overrun tonight. Very satisfied.
Agree with this.
- No goal from Buddy
- Missing Cyril who has been tremendous in the middle and also for goals
- Sewell coming back from injury
- Lake playing only his second game after missing a chunk of preseason games
- Missing Suckers and Schoey
- Bailey pulling out and playing with only one ruck after going with two all season
- Birchall was kept in check
- Dangerfield dominated
- Playing at AAMI
- Crows kicked the first in last quarter to take the lead
- An extremely tough start to the year

At 3Q time I was bracing myself to be overrun but like a good side we are, we dug in and fought through it. Certainly the performance was up and down and there's obviously a lot of scope for improvement, but I thought it was a meritorious performance and very gutsy.

I thought both Smith and Hill were massive in first.
Poppy strong as well.
Ginbo and stratts held our backline.
Breust big in second.

Buddy has to be in trouble from MRP??
Not a basher but his efforts today were really poor, and his silly things. Argh

But totally impressed with where we are at.
Just hope everyone pulls up ok. Lake, Goo and Hodge look very sore

The Adelaide board is some of the funnier stuff I have read. Suggesting buddy could have broken ottens neck with his headlock in the marking contest. If they even look twice at that incident I'll be surprised.

Good win considering how poorly we played. The draw is taking its toll now I think.

Really concerned about our run out of the back half when birchall is quiet. Think when whitecross comes back we should look at using him across half back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got back from the game, was really disappointing we couldnt get over the line in a hard slog. But well done to you guys. A better team and you wernt playing that well. That is a good team right there.

You guys will be right up there again. Good luck for the rest of the year :thumbsu:

You guys were awesome...killed us in the midfield ...dangerfeild is an absolute star

Had you guys kicked a little straighter you would hav won the game

Anyone that says Big Max isn't in our best 22 is clueless ...totally stuffed up our forward structure

Just like cloak's form last year prior to signing, Buddy needs to stop f******g around and sign up FFS

Buddy is lucky the guy didnt break his neck. Keep playing like that Bud and you will be worth $500k at end of the year
This is what I love about AFL football.

Guys, put your hand up if you'd love to be working a job in your 20s where you perform like shit so your salary gets cut in half at the end of the year - to $500,000!! :rolleyes:

The Adelaide board is some of the funnier stuff I have read. Suggesting buddy could have broken ottens neck with his headlock in the marking contest. If they even look twice at that incident I'll be surprised.

Good win considering how poorly we played. The draw is taking its toll now I think.

Really concerned about our run out of the back half when birchall is quiet. Think when whitecross comes back we should look at using him across half back.

Disagree. Was very ugly. Should go

It is funny how the umpires were entirely to blame and how they are still angry at their 14 game club legend leaving them.

It is funny how the umpires were entirely to blame and how they are still angry at their 14 game club legend leaving them.
Sorry mate, going to have to pull you up right there.

No insults against the men in white thanks. It's Umpire Appreciation Round. :D

Massive wins!

Again, we were behind in Q4, and other side right on top. Again, franklin did less than nothing. And yet we found a way to win. Real steel. These wins are immense, especially considering what our draw would have taken out of us!

Our draw was ridiculously unfair and yet we are 5-1. We have won in WA, Adelaide and beaten other top 4 contenders on 6 day breaks. We have not played any of the 6 rubbish teams: GWS, Gc, Melb, dogs, bris or stk. by next week, Sydney will have played 4 of these, which for a reigning premier, is basically corrupt.

Anyhow, such a tough draw means we are basically playing a finals campaign now, and there will always be tough spots over such a long period. But to keep winning in the face of it is extraordinary. Go Hawks!!!

Yeah I hate the unfairness of our draw ... And didn't we get shafted in the leadup to the grand final last year with fixturing?
Was it something like the highest qualifier usually gets a slight advantage (recovery time, travel?) and it was turned around to Sydney's advantage last year ?? Don't mean to get off topic but....

The irony too of it being the "go home factor" something which Adelaide enjoyed exploiting to great success since their inception.

What goes around comes around.

Hodgey is a superstar, really stands up when we need it in close Adelaide games.

Stratto is in brilliant form. Gibbo great last qtr.

Another solid game from Lake, his inclusion in the team makes our backline so much more stronger.

Smith great gut running, just wish he would compose himself a bit more before disposing the ball.

Breust does alot of good work off the ball, his two goals were match winners. Just wish he had kicked that goal instead of hitting the post so my stress levels could go down.

Missed Rioli but Poppy stood up and applied his team orientated forward chasing and pressure.

Hill played a very good game again, kid will be a gun once he gets more years and weight on him.

Goo is struggling with crucital turnovers that cost us goals. Still I'm happy to have him in the side. We really missed his hardness in last years grannie.

Hale is a worry, he is probably our best contested mark but doesn't do enough for me. I would like to see how we would go with Bailey and Roughy the main rucks and Hale getting a rest. Probably won't happen though.

Birch was well held, missed his run from the back half. He will have to work hard on breaking forward tags as opposition teams should realise he his our best ball user along side Burgoyne.

Simpkin really added plenty when he came on. Good qtr of footy, should have kicked that goal. I really like the look of him.

Shiels and Sewell had so so games, good in patches but both look fairly slow on occassions.

Gunner presented well, he has been down on form this year but today he stood up and kicked some good goals.

Buddy form is a worry and he frustrates me with his stupid frees against. He is trying hard with his chasing and tackling but is too aggressive. We need him to start kicking goals

Roughy played probably his best game for the year, he does look better when he plays the forward/ruck role.

Lewis frustrates me as a player, he played really well today but at times his efforts look weak and disposal can let him down. Slowly his form is improving this year after a horror start to the season.

Mitch had a consistant game like he usually does, nothing really special today but nice and solid.

Overall great win by the Hawks in Adelaide. Not only do you have to play against a good quality team in the Crows but you have to come up against the crowd which seem to always sway umpire decisions. Gutsy effort Hawks on a day where we struggled, I thought we were gone at 3rd time and when they hit the lead but we really found something when needed, similar to last weeks effort. Top stuff!

Great to win at the desolate hell hole that is AAMI stadium. Even better being there :thumbsu:. We have a few sore boys at he moment. Lake was hobbling heavily in the last for about 10 minutes. Just a corky I think but he was hobbling pretty heavy. I hope Goo's knee is OK. Ozzie was also hobbling heavily before he was subbed. I hope he is all good.

Simkpin looked right at home, would have been great for him to land that goal. Great win, rest up and recover. 1 more of Vlads little challenges to go and then we can start to rest some boys up and rejuvinate the list after a very hard start.

We desperately needed this start. If we had dropped tonight and last week then we would be in no position to refresh the list later in the season because we would have been chasing % and wins for the rest of the year and likely would have been cooked come finals again.

Buddy had 2 very dubious tackles, I hope he has nothing to worry about but he could be out next week i think.

Oh yeah, as others have said there is a shit truck of upside to us at the moment. Perception is a funny thing, Hodgey seems to be getting rave reviews here but I saw 2 turnovers that lead directly to Crows goals to go with 2 out on the full in the forward 50. If Schoey or Murph had ever done that in 1 game.... my lordy.... Hawks board meltdown! He did show some composure down back though

Meanwhile, if it was Geelong or Sydney coming through with the win in the same circumstances all the commentary would be about having the will to win and great culture. etc.
I don't mind it so much when they say it about Geelong, but if I hear "bloods culture" one more time I think I'll spew up. An extra million in one team's salary cap tends to make someone do that.

We lose the close ones, we're labelled chokers. We win the close ones, we still cop it from left right and centre. But really the biased commentary just makes the wins that much sweeter. Bring on next week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Crows vs Hawks - Tear it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back