Autopsy Crows vs Hawks - Tear it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

Was embarrassing to be in the crowd tonight.

When Goo hurt his knee one person said 'Make sure you all laugh at him when he comes off'

And the crowd was going crazy telling the umpires to get on with the game, saying that the play didn't stop when Tex hurt his knee, now I can't really be bothered talking about how stupid these people were but just thought I'd let you guys know this is what Hawthorn supporters in Adelaide have to put up with :thumbsdown:

My first game at AAMI, and somehow managed to buy tickets in an Adelaide gold members reserved seating area by weird accident. Wowee, I went in with no real opinion of them but now I really dislike their fans (aside from the one marrying). One eye delusion and no understanding of the basic laws of the game (mark, holding the ball, holding the man etc) is one thing, but to celebrate when goo got injured and call him a cheat for not keeping on playing, that really pissed me off.

Anyhow, re: Buddy, I'm not going to try and tell you he played well, but our delivery was terrible and it was as though we kicked it to his wrong side every time. Last week it looked like he had some opportunities and miffed them, this week he had very little to work with.

Mitchell was fantastic, surprised to see a few knock him on here. A few skill errors here and there but worked his butt off and created well and truly enough chances for our side to forgive him for any clangers.

Stratton is the messiah. Far out he is good.

Birch was held well but still managed to provide some glimpses of what he can do.

Hill looking more likely each week.

Me thinks Bailey's out was purely tactical but we missed him. Gunston looks great when he doesn't have to play the swingman role but I'm starting to be persuaded that it is in the best team interests to have him move around. Obviously couldn't happen today with Max out.

We looked knackered yet still managed to win. I was so proud of the fight our players displayed right til the end. Being there made me appreciate a win interstate more than I normally would. Its intense and we were up against it but prevailed. Their midfield were bloody good yet ours found a way to make their efforts count more.

With all of this in mind, as much as I hope we fight for one more, we may get beaten next week. Reality is that we have had the draw from hell and have done something magical to get to 5-1. Lets all remember that if we get beaten next week, even if its an ugly one.. we are contenders this year.

from AFL website RE Buddy:
"The effort against the Crows was only the second time in the superstar's 167-game career that he has failed to boot goals in consecutive games."

Suck that all you haters, im sure you'll still find reasons to pot the bloke but that stat earns him the right to have some quiet ones.

No one is above criticism. Buddys a champ of Hawthorn but the fans have every right to question his form the past two weeks.

I am really concerned about the game i am watching these days. For 35 years i have known what the decision would be when the umpire blows the whistle (apart from 1 clanger a game) Now i have no idea whats going to be paid. I will also add that i dont think its the green men being bad. They are just applying the terrible decisions of Bartlett andCo.

That free against Thompson is one of the most puzzling decisions i have seen in my life. If that was a correctdecision then Bartlett and co should be sacked immediately. Mind you it probably cancelled out 6 baffling decisions against us, especcially the Hill deliberate one.

Go Hawkers

It technically was a correct decision as Thompson had a flat hand touching the back of the hawthorn player - what KB calls his "hands in the back" rule. And yes, it was softer than butter.

It technically was a correct decision as Thompson had a flat hand touching the back of the hawthorn player - what KB calls his "hands in the back" rule. And yes, it was softer than butter.

And there in lies the stupidity of it all. It's like forwards can't use legitimate bodywork now, nor can defenders really spoil either. Silly rules in place.

My new pet hate. The saying "It was technically there..."

That describes the biggest problem in the game. Virtually every contest in the whole game can be reduced to a free kick and Giesh or KB can say " It was technically there".

I thought we played another really average game of football today.
After last week I really thought we would pull our finger out of our asses and play at least 3q's of football.

I loved the game of Stratts, Gibbo and Burgers into the midfield after half time.
Also happy with the big bud playing another below average game of football and still finding a way to win. I think last year we would have lost last week and today.

Cant forget Hodge. have man love for that guy.
Take the 4 points and move on. wont watch a replay, will need to play a much better brand of football to beat the swans next week.

My new pet hate. The saying "It was technically there..."

That describes the biggest problem in the game. Virtually every contest in the whole game can be reduced to a free kick and Giesh or KB can say " It was technically there".

I actually thought in the first half, even the third quarter (I think) the umpires weren't paying those stupid technical 50s that everyone hates. You know, where the players have no idea who's been paid the free, who didn't here the whistle, or a player has marginally entered some invisible no go zone. Hell, they were actually using common sense and the commentators, including idiot Eddy, were praising them.

But then Ray just couldn't let it go and started blowing the whistle and handing 'em out. You're right, the rules are there but it largely comes down to instruction, being a ****ing pedant or someone like Ray, I'd much prefer them not to be paid and common sense to be used. Same with those idiotic push frees. But they should never be laws in the first place.

Sigh.

Thought Smith was great today. His run is essential for us. Just keeps presenting and making space

Brad Hill as well. Every single time he got the ball, he looks to be an a lot of space and made good decisions too. He covers a lot of ground. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair few negative nellies on here, I think we need to put this win in perspective.

In 2008 we won the premiership. We struggled to beat Adelaide by only 4 points.

In 2011 Adelaide beat us comfortably in round 1 by 5 goals. We made top 4, they finished 12th.

Il take any win at AAMI that hawks can get. Anyone that thinks we were poor have not watched our interstate games over the last 10 years. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is only the 4th time out of 22 matches that we have beaten Adelaide in Adelaide.

Sure it's frustrating watching a good lead evaporate, listening to those half wit commentators, and having to put up with th inbred ferals in the stands, but seriously we won!!! And we were much more convincing than last week. If you don't think that the bullshit FIXture is having an effect on the playing group you have rocks in your head. We are playing a 7 game finals series, but not only that, our opponents are having nice cruisey lead up games. After tomorrow the AFL Swans will have played GWS, GC, Saints and Brisbane.

I actually thought in the first half, even the third quarter (I think) the umpires weren't paying those stupid technical 50s that everyone hates. You know, where the players have no idea who's been paid the free, who didn't here the whistle, or a player has marginally entered some invisible no go zone. Hell, they were actually using common sense and the commentators, including idiot Eddy, were praising them.

But then Ray just couldn't let it go and started blowing the whistle and handing 'em out. You're right, the rules are there but it largely comes down to instruction, being a ****ing pedant or someone like Ray, I'd much prefer them not to be paid and common sense to be used. Same with those idiotic push frees. But they should never be laws in the first place.

Sigh.

My word I hate Ray. Wouldnt mind taking a razor to the scum's achilles.

Thank god for Bruest, Roughead and Gibbo..

Roughead is such a different player when he can play Ruck/Forward. Obviously we need to keep him fresh come seasons end as last year showed he ran out of gas playing the role all year. What does it mean for Bailey come finals time???

Happy to get the 4 points - a win is a win. Still sloppy in most areas though. In the end, Bruest really proved the difference didn't he?

Next week - tough one. Toughest so far - will be interesting thats for sure!

Was embarrassing to be in the crowd tonight.

When Goo hurt his knee one person said 'Make sure you all laugh at him when he comes off'

And the crowd was going crazy telling the umpires to get on with the game, saying that the play didn't stop when Tex hurt his knee, now I can't really be bothered talking about how stupid these people were but just thought I'd let you guys know this is what Hawthorn supporters in Adelaide have to put up with :thumbsdown:

Yeh cant stand that, I was watching it on the tv and could hear the adelaide supporters cheering and carrying on when goo hurt his knee real piss poor effort. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Yeh cant stand that i was watching it on the tv and could hear the adelaide supporters booing and carrying on when goo hurt his knee real piss poor effort. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I lost it a bit in the area I was in. Didn't swear or anything but let them know that they should show some class. When we kicked the next goal I enjoyed letting them know about it. Their fans are odd. If that was my team I would've spent the best part of yesterday's game applauding Dangerfield's attack on the ball, yet the so called fans in my area spent the whole game saying "fifty!" and celebrating our kicks out on the full more than their own goals. It was odd.

One bloke at the end did shake my hand and say something along the lines of "beaten by a better team but I was happy with some of our midfielders" so he was a rose amongst the thorns. The chief misinterpreter of rules in my area could only offer that we should have won by 60 points so I shouldn't be too happy, to which the reply was quite simple: "that's our song they're playing isn't it?"

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Crows vs Hawks - Tear it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back