Review Dees v Brad's Bummers: the Good, Bady * Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody fantastic!!! Loving what these kids are doing. They've salvaged the season for mine. McVee and Rivers brilliant tonight.

And how good is it seeing Melk not miss a beat!

Last 10mins disappointing but giving it to the Bomber scum leaving early was the highlight of my year!! This week provided the lube for the reaming we're gonna get next week, but well worth it giving it to the Bombers fans tonight!! Would have to be my most hated fanbase

So clean and composed in the conditions
He is a genuine star, does the defensive stuff so well, basically Nev but with offensive skills back there. I still want to see him in the midfield though, he could be an amazing two way player in there

As a lifelong Essendon hater just want to give a shout out to a young group for getting the win in spite of Goodwin (who deserves absolutely no credit for this win)

Petty was worse than even I could have imagined which of course meant JVR was taken out of the forward line after the best game of his career.

-McVee BOG
  • Windsor left his run too late but he's playing like a rising star
  • The Kolt
  • AMW was good before being subbed
  • Disco competed well
  • Riv & Kozzy
  • Langdon was unreal
  • May & Lever

• Sparrow sucks
  • Not sure what the point of Bowey is.

He is a genuine star, does the defensive stuff so well, basically Nev but with offensive skills back there. I still want to see him in the midfield though, he could be an amazing two way player in there
No discredit to Nev, but he's a Nev with both offensive skills and pace

Good win, I'm really happy with that, late charge by Essendon felt false, they were never a chance. Huge Response after the first quarter to get back into the game.

Really impressed with our youngsters, that's what's driving me with this club now, we've felt a bit different since the Brisbane game which we really should've won, hope it continues.

Go dees.

They subbed the wrong bloke out. AMW was actually playing good footy unlike Jake Bowey, Tom Sparrow and Harry Petty.

Bowey needs to be dropped imo. Some of his efforts tonight were genuine horrid. He's just too vulnerable down back.

Weird Bombers crowd tonight. They didn't really show up. Seemed to be more Dees fans. I know it was our home game, but they have a huge fanbase and were pushing for 2nd on the ladder. Bizarre turnout I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win, I'm really happy with that, late charge by Essendon felt false, they were never a chance. Huge Response after the first quarter to get back into the game.

Really impressed with our youngsters, that's what's driving me with this club now, we've felt a bit different since the Brisbane game which we really should've won, hope it continues.

Go dees.
I agree, was frustrating but not as bad as it seemed. They kicked 2 in a minute and then only managed to kick 2 in the last 6. Hard to rest momentum when teams are behind and really taking it on.
When was the last time we beat a Brad Scott coached side?
2018 I think.

They subbed the wrong bloke out. AMW was actually playing good footy unlike Jake Bowey, Tom Sparrow and Harry Petty.

Bowey needs to be dropped imo. Some of his efforts tonight were genuine horrid. He's just too vulnerable down back.
Should be give Sparrows high half forward position and Sparrow should GTFO

Agree with this, hes basically a smaller Salem with his dinky pointless kicks, cant defend well and not doing enough offensively to justify selection.

As a lifelong Essendon hater just want to give a shout out to a young group for getting the win in spite of Goodwin (who deserves absolutely no credit for this win)

Petty was worse than even I could have imagined which of course meant JVR was taken out of the forward line after the best game of his career.

-McVee BOG
  • Windsor left his run too late but he's playing like a rising star
  • The Kolt
  • AMW was good before being subbed
  • Disco competed well
  • Riv & Kozzy
  • Langdon was unreal
  • May & Lever

• Sparrow sucks
  • Not sure what the point of Bowey is.
Bowey's been in the small, lockdown defender role and usually has done it well. Has freed up McVee to do more with the ball.

Melk just makes our forward line work much better. Crafty, always scanning around to see where everyone is and the space available.

Check out the replay of his handball assist to Windsor's goal. While sliding along the ground with the ball he checks over his shoulder, sums up the situation and then gifts it to Windsor. Elite forward craft.

Bowey's been in the small, lockdown defender role and usually has done it well. Has freed up McVee to do more with the ball.
Who has he locked down? Every time I look up hes getting beaten in the air or panicking badly. Not sure he frees up McVee to do anything, McVee takes the best forward most weeks and flogs them while getting plenty of the ball himself. Did it again to Stringer tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Brad's Bummers: the Good, Bady * Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back