Review Dees v Carrrrrrlton: Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Who else here attended all 4 losing finals? Feel like the club should give us a badge for doing so.

Only thing worse than last nights performance is todays hangover ffs.
Mate I didn't even even drink and am nursing a hangover. This is what the MFC does.

Imagine you being happy we lost campaigner

Its honestly probably for the best. We weren't winning next week. Goody has been needing a slap around the head for 18 months. Hopefully 4 straight finals losses on our home deck is enough of a wake up call that we need to change the game plan significantly, if we won this pointless game (in the grand scheme of things) who knows how long we continue meandering down the same predictable path that leads us straight for the exit come September.

Hard one to cop, that. Thank god we won it in '21 because if we hadn't, I don't know how I would've coped with the disappointment of this loss.

What's most frustrating is that our flaws were on show for all to see in last year's finals series and we did nothing to address them this season. Can only hope that a second straight failure forces us to fix not only our forward line issues, but also our god awful ball movement. Not holding my breath, sadly.

In all honesty I feel a bit cheated. That De Koning free kick and goal in the first was deadset charity. Then the goal review reversal with an extra 50 metres added onto it. And the best of all Petracca kicking it off the ground to the boundary, todays rules I expected a free against which was paid. A few minutes later bout 60 metres from our goal Adam Saad does the same thing. Exactly the same thing. No free kick.

We weren’t good enough on the night to counteract the potential BS, I acknowledge that. But those decisions FFS, that’s a final determined.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all honesty I feel a bit cheated. That De Koning free kick and goal in the first was deadset charity. Then the goal review reversal with an extra 50 metres added onto it. And the best of all Petracca kicking it off the ground to the boundary, todays rules I expected a free against which was paid. A few minutes later bout 60 metres from our goal Adam Saad does the same thing. Exactly the same thing. No free kick.

We weren’t good enough on the night to counteract the potential BS, I acknowledge that. But those decisions FFS, that’s a final determined.
Idiots are going to idiot. If our idiots didn’t idiot that hard. The fluro idiots wouldn’t have been a factor.

My friends.

We should have got rid of BBB at the end of 2022 - and Tom McDonald after the grandfinal where his contribution was modest.

In their place, I would have brought back Jesse Hogan from Freo for a packet of chips.

For the most part, JH had a great track record with us. IN his current form, he would have got us over the line last week - and this week too.

When was the last time that BBB and TmD dominated a game????

My friends.

We should have got rid of BBB at the end of 2022 - and Tom McDonald after the grandfinal where his contribution was modest.

In their place, I would have brought back Jesse Hogan from Freo for a packet of chips.

For the most part, JH had a great track record with us. IN his current form, he would have got us over the line last week - and this week too.

When was the last time that BBB and TmD dominated a game????
You'll be lynched for this, but man do I miss Jesse. Loved going to the GWS game last week just to get around him. Still a bit of a sook, but a gun player and a nice guy.

Hogan would ****ing suck with the way we kick the footy. At GWS he gets up the ground then runs back into an open 50 and GWS slingshot it to him. For us he'd just sook and kick 0 goals as we bomb it on his head

Also what's supposedly a strength for us looks like a big weakness imo. Walsh had 32 and kicked 2 from the wing, Acres kicked 2 as well from big marks and won the game. Hunter doesn't kick goals or take marks but he does use the footy well, Langdon just plain sucks now. Runs down the wing hacking it forward along the boundary. 4 goals to 0 is a smashing on the wings

Move 'em to Tasmania or Heard Island.

Gather round children, next year we will move to lesson #2 of "How to shoot yourself in the foot".
The title of this years lesson is "Captain and Vice-Captain set the example and miss simple shots on goal".

I thought Smith did alright and Spargo was ok when they let him on the ground.

Also what's supposedly a strength for us looks like a big weakness imo. Walsh had 32 and kicked 2 from the wing, Acres kicked 2 as well from big marks and won the game. Hunter doesn't kick goals or take marks but he does use the footy well, Langdon just plain sucks now. Runs down the wing hacking it forward along the boundary. 4 goals to 0 is a smashing on the wings
20 touches and a goal, Eddy looked great. Just plain sucking is only your part brother.

Move 'em to Tasmania or Heard Island.

Gather round children, next year we will move to lesson #2 of "How to shoot yourself in the foot".
The title of this years lesson is "Captain and Vice-Captain set the example and miss simple shots on goal".

I thought Smith did alright and Spargo was ok when they let him on the ground.
I think Amber Heard Island would be more appropriate given our talent for shitting the bed.

Review Dees v Carrrrrrlton: Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back