Review Dees v Port West Horsham: Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely mind blown how we won that game with all our key forwards being shit.
This was a game won by ANB, Windsor, Chandler, Howes, Lever etc. Didnt feel like the big guys dragged us over the line

Did we miss a single set shot? Good kickings good footy but I'll wait to see if we can kick like that again lol Brown, Gawn, Fritsch, Kozzy all kicked goals that were less than 30% probably.

AnB was best on I think, he's on fire this year. Windsor didn't waste a disposal and in fact his disposals were high impact. He could be our Zak Butters type mid.

Not gonna complain too much but Brown/JVR/Fritsch doesn't work. They were all shit really but Brown used it well. His 3 goals were a piss weak free kick and 2 uncontested marks. That's not playing well that's luck. Won't repeat it and I'll stand by that.
JVR looked lost, no idea where he needs to be to impact the game.

I'll take the win but reckon we lose that more often than not.

If you told me Ben Brown would be leading goal scorer in this match and Tmac would be playing well as our full back even a month ago I'd have said you had rocks in your head.

There was a kick in the 2nd I reckon when were going inside 50 with ANB and he turned it over because Fritsch was too busy running back towards goal to make a lead. Does it way too often. He is a gun player but he can definitely improve that, wants it easy too often

told my mate that Windsor should be leading the Rising Star award, that neither Warlord or Reid will win it (mind you the media hype would all but Gaurantee that Harley Reid wins it ), well this game tonight is exactly why he should be a lot higher in peoples ranking for rising star.
Performing well in a top 4 side, not some team destined to spend a year down in the doldrums .

The kids good and he knows it!

God damn satisfied to win a game with way less inside 50s. I'd rather a few more marks inside 30 than goals from 40 plus and on the boundary but slow progress I guess.

I read or heard something before the Port game that we seem to be changing our game style from a heavy territory game (repeat 50s, try to lock the ball in our F50) to more of a rebound style.

It's still a work in progress but I'm glad Goody is at least trying to evolve.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Also, isn't it amazing how often close games are simply decided by who kicks straightest at goal?

I think we were over accurate as dumb as that sounds. Brown kicking one from 55 in the pocket is just bullshit, port may aswell have gone home when that went through

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we were over accurate as dumb as that sounds. Brown kicking one from 55 in the pocket is just bullshit, port may aswell have gone home when that went through
What an absolute roost! 😍

Port should have touched both that and the Pickett snap on the line lol I'd be froffing if I was them
Yeah, both would have been touched more often than not, you'd think - particularly Pickett's given we didn't have anybody on the line.

Yeah, both would have been touched more often than not, you'd think - particularly Pickett's given we didn't have anybody on the line.
Lol Charlie Spargo could have taken Pickett's on the chest, Ratugolea is about as sharp as children's scissors

Lol reading the gdt and somehow people think the umpires reamed us? We got some of the softest frees I've ever seen lol. Brown straight up threw one in the last that was called play on for Sparrow to snap. Luck was definitely on our side

Lol reading the gdt and somehow people think the umpires reamed us? We got some of the softest frees I've ever seen lol. Brown straight up threw one in the last that was called play on for Sparrow to snap. Luck was definitely on our side
We won that game thanks to uncharacteristic straight kicking and the Umps.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

told my mate that Windsor should be leading the Rising Star award, that neither Warlord or Reid will win it (mind you the media hype would all but Gaurantee that Harley Reid wins it ), well this game tonight is exactly why he should be a lot higher in peoples ranking for rising star.
Performing well in a top 4 side, not some team destined to spend a year down in the doldrums .

The kids good and he knows it!
Boak was best on for Port. Tore Windsor to shreds on that wing if I'm not mistaken.

Thought we got the rub of the green but Port did get gifted two goals with Rioli clearly out of bounds early and that Rozee goal late after the soft reversal.

Welcome aboard the expected score train new goal kicking accuracy fans! :thumbsupv1:

train GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Port West Horsham: Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back