Review Dees v Port West Horsham: Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

I know who I think Windsor reminds me of . But not gonna put that on his back . Good start to hopefully a long career.
Tell JVR he needs to give #2 up to Windsor now. ;)

Okay gonna do a proper review

Good
  • Windor's class in the final quarter, no panic kicks under pressure kicks in the backline releases Viney. Composure to find Fritsch. That goal too, confidence to back his pace in and slot it on the run. All stuff i'll point a Hunt wouldn't do
  • Lever, shaky first but improved midway through the first quarter, some questionable disposals. But back to some of his intercepting best. Last couple of years seems to be second fiddle to May. Seemed to relish knowing he was the main man tonight. Great leadership though too, Port having a late dip and Tmac was wanting to have a go at Rozee after the free kick and goal was kicked. Pulled him and the backline group aside, pulled tommy up and got us refocused
  • Nib, might be his best game he's played for us
  • Gawn, hasn't got the same clunking hands. But really works hard
  • Ben Brown, good contributions and that monster goal. I know last week he was meh, but he really does help structure us up forward even if he's not used a lot. Not someone I want to rely on next year. But if he keeps working hard to bring the ball to ground and taking his chances when he gets them, then good on him. It can work for a little while longer
  • Langdon, i felt like he was a bit back to his best. Not quite, but better. Also great that him shitting himself in the middle of the ground threw port off sides as they expected him to come through clearly lol
  • Viney being Viney
  • Oliver's final quarter, you could see he got the will to win. Reminded me a little of that Adelaide game in 2021 in terms of final quarters
  • Goal kicking, was rather good. Although still some really unconventional boundary line shots that I'd prefer closer. But boys made every post a winner
  • JVR it was good to see him flying in the second half. It was like he got approval at half time. Helped make some contests and had a go. Looks a lot more dangerous flying for the ball, panics the opposition even if he doesn't get it. Being grounded takes him out of the game. Timing is off though
  • Not allowing Alir to influence the game to much
  • Chandler was handy, did well to battle through early injury

Bad
  • Hore, was good. But pretty clumsy in some moments
  • Dixon and Boak rolling back the clock against us
  • Clearances at times, we got a little sucked in and let them have easy exits
  • Salem and Billings both went missing at times, Billings especially. It wasn't surprising to see him subbed out

Fugly
- Not even us, but what the **** was with Ratugolea. Going chest marks behind the goal line under no pressure. Running into teammates, making some weird decisions. Was in the twilight zone at times

Last edited:
Hinckley quoted this stat in his post match presser.
GIF by Giphy QA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just general thoughts: We wouldn't have won this game the past two years. Finding different ways to win rather than needing to keep a team under 70 points every week pretty much makes us far more dangerous. We looked like this after we beat Sydney early last year too so not getting too carried away but maybe Goody has finally got the message?

Don't make me post the Mario vid
Wasn't there several made from that one game v GWS in 2021? Streaming into 50 in the last 2 or 3 times and bottled each one.

I liked Hunt, he was fun to watch, but he doesn't have 1/1000th the composure Windsor has shown so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Port West Horsham: Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back