Review Dees v Western Fail Dogs: the Good, Bag and Ugly - Woof

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't agree more
I never thought we were just going to waltz into another flag.
I went to all 4 MCG finals losses and it was just awful, If we had won at least 1 of them I would've look back on this era a lot more favourably

Yep. We’ve all always wanted the club to be legitimately playing big games at the MCG and winning - I get a flag is bloody tough but 0-4 in finals is just disgraceful, especially considering in 3 of the 4 games we were the higher ranked team.

I actually don't think it's an effort thing. I don't think any of the players don't try.

I think the system is broken and the buy-in to that system isn't there.

It's a coaching group issue imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Lack of enjoyment. A player needs to man up and actually tell the coach coz even though blind Freddy can see it our premiership coach cant.

Lack of enjoyment. A player needs to man up and actually tell the coach coz even though blind Freddy can see it our premiership coach cant.
Spot on. Most of them look grim out there. They don't look like they are having fun or even really enjoying playing for each other.

I remember as a kid being severely disappointed in the Daniher years missing 03 and then going out week 1 in both 04 and 05. But 06 lightened it a little winning one final, even if the club went off the rails not long after. Daniher also seemed to like playing favourites but not to the same level as Goody and not through injuries

I suppose what makes it worse by contrast is that era was exciting football and we played entertaining football in line with the time

Football can still be exciting now, but we are not and we haven't been for a while. It's stale repetitive and our losses all seem to follow the same script. I'd rather us lose in an unpredictable manor than one we've seen the opposition get on top of time and time again. My feeling at the start of the year is that we'd follow the past and jag an elim win to go onto a losing semi. The club choked from better positions, doesn't deserve another attempt this year

After years of craving this club to be in the spotlight when we finally have reached it, we look embarrassing. I wanted us to play big finals at the MCG against big clubs, but all it made us is the butt of all jokes. In shit era's gone by you could hide away on a Sunday afternoon. When you get knocked out by a Collingwood or Carlton in a final you have nowhere to hide for a year. You have to cop the shit that's thrown at you despite very much agreeing with it. Like yeah i'm sorry if this has turned into a more passionate rant than i imagined. But like if any opposition fan coming in here can tell us how shit we are, it's frustrating to have to agree. Because above it all the whole competition can see it, we can see it. But the club itself absolutely refuses to

Good:
  • AMW shows a little more each week
  • Petty was ok fwd early but FINALLY went back
  • Turner was solid in defense
  • McVee getting mid minutes late
  • lost some % and might be important for draft
  • two passages of play. One down the wing and one through the guts resulting in goals that shows there is an inkling of attacking flair deep deep down there somewhere...

Bad:
  • Sparrow did more than Viney or Oliver
  • McDonald being found out 1:1
  • May ribs again
  • Kozzie being wasted in our team.

Ugly:
  • boring, slow, kick down the line crap
  • McVee having to play bad in defense to finally get some mid minutes
  • Oliver Hospital handpasses, kicks around the body, complete inability to tackle or put genuine pressure on
  • Viney looks cooked, wrap him up for next year
  • Agility. Is Kozzie the only player that doesn't look like he is on tram tracks? Offensively and defensively!
  • Suns losing to west coast
  • Bulldogs kicking for goal, they might kick themselves out of a final

No, I'm saying our forwards simply and clearly aren't developing. Sticking with a coach(es) who are clearly failing is ridiculous.
It's one thing if the coach is a former great at that role they probably get a bit more opportunity and time - but sticking with a guy with no real experience in that area, and more importantly, who's got nothing to show for his work, is crazy.

It's just not working.
Yeah wtf does it matter if Stafford was a ruck or midfielder? Our forwardline has been a disaster area. Might not be most of his fault, but the dudes in charge of that part of the ground. GTFO

Didn’t watch, didn’t care, which is the more alarming thing, club should be worried about that more, I know I’m not the only one that feels this way.
I stopped watching after a few minutes when Oliver received a hand pass from Rivers, dodged back into traffic (fine) but then instead of feeding it back to 1 of 3 teammates who were open and facing our goals, he decided for no apparent reason to screw the ball over his shoulder with a 20 metre hack kick that barely left the ground, went to noone and was immediately turned over, that was it for me

I stopped watching after a few minutes when Oliver received a hand pass from Rivers, dodged back into traffic (fine) but then instead of feeding it back to 1 of 3 teammates who were open and facing our goals, he decided for no apparent reason to screw the ball over his shoulder with a 20 metre hack kick that barely left the ground, went to noone and was immediately turned over, that was it for me
After seeing that I found myself screaming "get him off", as if I was a coach who had a clue.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't forget to mention that after he turned it over he had an immediate opportunity to redeem himself with a bone crunching tackle only to glance past him ole style...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
So does everyone at the club except Jason Taylor and Judd McVee..
You can't throw your own player under the bus in front of the media then 2 weeks later say we don't speak about individuals when questioned about the form of Oliver and Viney.

The guy is a hypocrite and just proves the boys club mentality that he has going with his players.

Give me someone like a Bevo who has shown that he isn't afraid to drop season regulars in Caleb Daniel and Jack McRea when they're not performing.

You can't throw your own player under the bus in front of the media then 2 weeks later say we don't speak about individuals when questioned about the form of Oliver and Viney.

The guy is a hypocrite and just proves the boys club mentality that he has going with his players.

Give me someone like a Bevo who has shown that he isn't afraid to drop season regulars in Caleb Daniel and Jack McRea when they're not performing.
I don't know. We have a go at Goody for being too dull and robotic and he finally does something interesting and we still have a crack at him. Fullerton is s*. He wasn't saying anything we all don't know. Was probably frustrated to even have him on the list. Who knows. Another year of no finals and we probably don't need to suffer his media dross anymore hopefully.

I don't know. We have a go at Goody for being too dull and robotic and he finally does something interesting and we still have a crack at him. Fullerton is s*. He wasn't saying anything we all don't know. Was probably frustrated to even have him on the list. Who knows. Another year of no finals and we probably don't need to suffer his media dross anymore hopefully.
To have a crack at a reserves player saying publicly that hes not up to it to try and CYA for getting slaughtered at clearances is massively cringe, but to not want to talk about how a guy on well over 1m isnt trying and is a far bigger problem when it comes to clearances a couple of weeks later is further proof of a coach playing favourites and a great way to lose the players.

To have a crack at a reserves player saying publicly that hes not up to it to try and CYA for getting slaughtered at clearances is massively cringe, but to not want to talk about how a guy on well over 1m isnt trying and is a far bigger problem when it comes to clearances a couple of weeks later is further proof of a coach playing favourites and a great way to lose the players.
Nothing wrong in saying a reserves player ain't up to the level when it's clear they're not lol

That version of Goody is at least interesting.

Nothing wrong in saying a reserves player ain't up to the level when it's clear they're not lol

That version of Goody is at least interesting.
Nah, it's indicative of having an inner circle of favourites. Not a fan of that at all.

If it was applied across the whole list, sure. Don't mind giving players a clip sometimes. But singling out a reserves player for criticism while giving immunity to those who would be on 4-5x his salary is very ordinary.

To use it as a reason for getting slaughtered at clearances while not holding Oliver and Viney to the same standard publicly for our clearance problems when they are on ~2m between them is just stupid, lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Western Fail Dogs: the Good, Bag and Ugly - Woof

Remove this Banner Ad

Back