Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

4. Bergman - as above, been around abit and hasn't come close to cementing his place.

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

Taylor looks to of saved his career

Delistings
Free
Greenwood
Shiels
Lazzaro
Drury
Sellers
CCJ - I know he’s contacted but usually after doing your Achilles you lose speed , he’d be going in reverse then

If we want to pick up another kpd in trade or draft - id delist biggie as well. He’s not up to it

Taylor looks to of saved his career

Delistings
Free
Greenwood
Shiels
Lazzaro
Drury
Sellers
CCJ - I know he’s contacted but usually after doing your Achilles you lose speed , he’d be going in reverse then

If we want to pick up another kpd in trade or draft - id delist biggie as well. He’s not up to it
Pretty much what I would go with.
Are we picking up 7 new players though?
Think we might get 4 or 5 so 2 or 3 of the above list will be lucky!

Free
Thomas
Greenwood
Shiels
Biggie
Stevo
Probably sellers.
Thats 7.
We got 2 in the msd. That takes us back to 5.
I bet we lose the extra list spots.
That's back to the bare minimum 3.
We may need to cut more.
RHJ is rumoured to be homesick. Instead of delisting we could include him and some of these players mentioned in a mega trade deal with :watercloset:

Pay them back for the way they treated Simmo
:watercloset:

Free
Thomas
Greenwood
Shiels
Biggie
Stevo
Probably sellers.
Thats 7.
We may need to cut more.
Will have to payout Stephenson plus Hansen can add to the delisted list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free
Thomas
Greenwood rookie if possible
Shiels (retire)
Biggie
Stevo (Payout)
CCJ (Payout)
Taylor, a bit like Sugar, he gives his all but just cant make a spot his own and others are now passing him.
Bergman, if we could keep him l would but if we need 1 more then it has to be him..

I think the following list changes, which can/will obviously change between now & end of the season depending on form.

Greenwood - Gone
Free - Gone
Shiels - Gone
Biggie - Gone
Drury - Gone
Stevo - Gone, unless he starts tearing apart the VFL in next few weeks, earns a recall & plays well for remainder of the season.
Pink - depends on if we can trade in a decent key position player (forward or back) His fwd/back versatility likely saves him.
CCJ - not sure. He may survive for last year of his contract, if recovery from injury goes perfectly. Only saving grace is his size & his ruck/fwd back up versatility. Teakle’s form might be the end of him.
Taylor - I would keep him. Not many players on our list in this age bracket, so does offer some much needed experience & is versatile. The next 5-6 weeks could decide his fate.
RHJ - depends on if we can trade or draft a speedy, crumbing, tackling small forward. Unsure how he is rated internally - he might be playing for his career.
Lazzaro - I would keep as depth & possibly trial him in another position next year in VFL. Wouldn’t be at all surprised or disappointed if he was cut though.
Harvey - Probably playing for his career. I would keep him if he finishes off the season well in VFL.
Sellers - I would like to keep him to give him a proper AFL pre-season to see what he can produce next year. He is likely in same boat as a few others & will need to wait until trade period before learning his fate.
Payne - Keep.
Phillips - Trade bait. If we get an ‘overs’ offer, I would take it, especially if we plan on drafting a pure mid with our first pick. Happy to give him two more years if he can keep his place in seniors for rest of the year.
Finnbar - one more year to see what he’s got.

From the above list, only Phillips has any real trade currency. Talk of trading any of the others for anything decent is a pipe dream.

I think it would be more useful to list all our half backs as it’s not like Bergman is behind all 10 names there

I'm not saying he is or isn't, but Logue returns, we love Goater, Archer has come from no where.
I think some of our talls play a tad small or are very mobile.

It is a great thing for the club fyi.

Who said the Burgerman View attachment 2044356This bloke should be retained,I like him as a player. And in time should be a very good player if given more of a chance.
Totally agree. Try him on a wing, good skills and can can run all day.

Built for it.

Free
Thomas
Greenwood
Shiels
Biggie
Stevo
Probably sellers.
Thats 7.
We may need to cut more.
Just highlighted the ones on the rookie list.

Biggie and Stevo contracted for next year. I wouldn't be against payouts necessarily but I imagine they'll be looking at the OOC options first. (CCJ's another one with a spot on the main list who you'd have to think is also a plausible candidate for an early payout - tho in that case maybe they'd keep Free around for ruck depth).

In terms of the overall list balance, we have surplus inside mids and fwd flankers. So since Laz is also on the main list and OOC, I wouldn't be surprised if his spot is in trouble. Harvey's another one, but feel like he's maybe a little more likely to get one more year to try and break out.

If he's up for another run around the block, I'd be keeping Shiels over all of the above.

Beyond the first 7 delistings, I guess it really depends on how many trade targets we can secure.

We're still at the point IMO where we are retaining players just because we have a few too many to turn over, but that list is shorter than last year which is a very good thing.

Without doing the numbers I'd happily keep Pink (depth and seems to have an actual football brain that means he can come in and perform a basic role). Taylor I'd consider but I wouldn't be offering overs, he's coasted way too long for mine.

Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back