List Mgmt. Draft Needs 2018 #2: Rankine / Lukosius / Rozee / Hately, I'm knocking Woodcock out the box, daily!

Predict the Adelaide board's melt level after the draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again this is all the work on the Draft Board

I agree it gives a great snapshot of the teams that can get it right. I see the assessment by ''The Staff writers'' posted by OutofTownCrow and you have to shake your head .

They gave Carlton 7.5/10 and Adelaide 7/10?

I think Gold Coast nailed it, Port and Sydney for needs also Adelaide. Hawthorn just dont give 2 cares
What?

I’m very happy love draft trading has been introduced (I think it should have gone further from the start to include just-drafted players) but bloody hell it must be making it hard for Reid & Co to determine how many list spots we have spare and what to do with Cheney & Signorello (Hunter will be re-rookied at best).

I’m absolutely comfortable with taking our current picks to the draft.

Any chance Caldwell lasts to pick 13 given his injuries?

If we managed to get:-

8 - Hately
13 - Caldwell
16 - Collier-Dawkins
21 - Williams/Sturt?

That would be a great result for us.

Id be just as happy trying to get GC pick 6 rather than their 2 or 3. 6 still gets us Bailey Smith I reckon and that kid is a damn jet. Id even use 8 & 16 to get it.

6 - Smith
13 - Butters/Hately
21 - Jones/Berry

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I want to get some idea of mcadams speed... he did a 2.89 20m didnt he? Where does that put him compared to the quickest on our list like murph or gooch and how does it compare to the other quick players around the league like charlie cameron, riolis etc?

I want to get some idea of mcadams speed... he did a 2.89 20m didnt he? Where does that put him compared to the quickest on our list like murph or gooch and how does it compare to the other quick players around the league like charlie cameron, riolis etc?
About as quick as CC but as to whether he's as explosive will be hard to tell until you see him in the flesh.

Ben King may ?

1. Walsh
2. Lukosius
3. Max King
4. Bailey Smith (saints)
5. Rozee (Port)
6. Ben King (Gold Coast)
7. Rankine / Caldwell (bulldogs) who knows, should be Rankine???
8. Caldwell / Rankine / Collier-Dawkins
You seriously think Port will take Rozee over Rankine if both are there at 5?

About as quick as CC but as to whether he's as explosive will be hard to tell until you see him in the flesh.
Hes definitely explosive, but like Charlie he needs work on his tank.

Big call.. I don't think you can risk it. Rankine should go top 3
On talent alone he certainly does, few other factors at play. Still dont think he makes it to 8 but theres a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would people be happy with Hately with pick 8?

He seems like someone who could fit in the side pretty early on. Maybe take a bit more of a risk with our other picks?

Nope. Would be happy to have him, but think our first pick (assuming we don't trade up for Luko) needs to be a mid with breakaway pace and clean skills.

Ben King may ?

1. Walsh
2. Lukosius
3. Max King
4. Bailey Smith (saints)
5. Rozee (Port)
6. Ben King (Gold Coast)
7. Rankine / Caldwell (bulldogs) who knows, should be Rankine???
8. Caldwell / Rankine / Collier-Dawkins

WW - I still think Port take Rankine at 5 if he slips to them.. R Gray isn't getting younger and S Gray is an average player at best.

I’m very happy love draft trading has been introduced (I think it should have gone further from the start to include just-drafted players) but bloody hell it must be making it hard for Reid & Co to determine how many list spots we have spare and what to do with Cheney & Signorello (Hunter will be re-rookied at best).

I’m absolutely comfortable with taking our current picks to the draft.
Same here. 4 top picks sets us up for the future big time. We will get a 200 gamer out of it.

My guess (if we don't move up draft order) is I see the first 8 players as locks but just guessing the order.
So I assume GC take on an SA flavor as VIC boys will go home, SA boys may go home.
So our issue is our first pick at 8 is just out of this locked in group of 8:

1. Walsh (CAR)
2. Lukosius (GC)
3. Rankine (GC)
4. Max King (STK)
5. Rozee (PA)
6. Ben King (GC)
7. Smith (WB)
8. Bid on Blakey (if not done already) then flip a coin and take Butters

We will bid on STK pick if Rankine still there.
We will bid on GC Pick 6 if Smith still there.

My guess (if we don't move up draft order) is I see the first 8 players as locks but just guessing the order.
So I assume GC take on an SA flavor as VIC boys will go home, SA boys may go home.

1. Walsh (CAR)
2. Lukosius (GC)
3. Rankine (GC)
4. Max King (STK)
5. Rozee (PA)
6. Ben King (GC)
7. Smith (WB)

Butters with pick 8 would be a stretch that high for a lightly built 178 cm 70kg forward/outside mid coming off a shoulder reco?

1. Walsh (CAR)
2. Lukosius (GC)
3. Rankine (GC)
4. Max King (STK)
5. Rozee (PA)
6. Ben King (GC)
7. Smith (WB)

SA lads go home the least out.of the main footy states (wa the worst, vic second), goldcoast would be crazy to take anyone other than south australians.

fair, not convinced on Butters but seems like someone we'd be keen on. Could you tell me more about Sam Sturt?

Butters is one of the most natural footballers in this draft imo. Has great game awareness, poise, moves well through traffic and runs to the right spots. Very high footy IQ.

With his tank and toughness for a smaller guy, he could very well end up being similar to Andrew Gaff.

Last edited:
You seriously think Port will take Rozee over Rankine if both are there at 5?
Wouldn't surprise me, given their loss of speed ....Rozee probably gives Port greater flexibility

WW - I still think Port take Rankine at 5 if he slips to them.. R Gray isn't getting younger and S Gray is an average player at best.
This could very well happen, particularly if Rozee is taken early .....it's hard to see who is Ports preferred

Does seem the rhetoric around there being an 'elite 8' is changing post-trade. Perhaps this was pumped up by certain recruiters/media to extract maximum trade value from certain clubs?

Perhaps the gap between 8 and 9 is diminishing and there is every potential for a slider or two from these 8.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back