List Mgmt. Draft Needs 2018 #2: Rankine / Lukosius / Rozee / Hately, I'm knocking Woodcock out the box, daily!

Predict the Adelaide board's melt level after the draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd have no hesitation taking him at 1, absolute gun.
pretty sure selwood also done his acl as an 18 yo so no big deal.
Its more of an issue at his height and size mind you

Great talent , that many soft tissues is a massive concern though

Given we have 4 picks inside the top 21, does this mitigate the risk involved somewhat? Given all the SA kids and Smith are off the board, do we take the punt on a top 5 talent in Caldwell and take it slow developing his body for AFL? (look at someone like Luke Hodge who was perennially injured as a junior).

Or do we just steer clear altogether? It poses an interesting question considering the hand we've got.

First 3 picks done, I've gone for Caldwell, Jones and Collier-Dawkins so far. Last one was a very hard call between about 4 players.

Even though it's just a phantom, RCD at 16 would be a huge get imo. Actually that whole hand would be a nice little re-generation to our midfield stocks altogether. I like Jones a lot, very similar to Brad Crouch just without as much burst pace.

You seen Sturt Play? .....gangley looking thing

View attachment 580780

However, his run of form for the Stingrays has seen 16 clubs make contact with Sturt, with some viewing him as a potential top-30 pick.

"He's a good left-footer, he's hard at the ball and he has a freakish ability above his head."

Sturt's emergence was too late for him to be invited to the NAB AFL Draft Combine, but he is one of 11 Stingrays players to have been picked to test at the state combine, where his speed is expected to stand out.

Wheeler said Sturt had been juggling his cricket and football but clubs were excited by what they had seen in his small sample of under-18 appearances.

"He's definitely good enough with his cricket. He's training every Sunday at the moment at Junction Oval and is a really good batsman," Wheeler said.

"One of the clubs asked him [which he'd choose] and his response was well above his years. He said he'd given six years of dedication to his cricket and he's still there, and that he'd only given footy a bit of a go and look where it's got him.

Yes I have, saw him play against the Falcons here late in the season at Mars Stadium, booted 3 goals, didn't really feature a lot that day but looked class when he was involved in play, 2 of his 3 goals came late in the last quarter to ice the match. Extra good overhead and a raking left foot kick. Also watched the live streams of his Finals games, he looks a very good prospect with a lot of probable upside but if we're taking him in the draft it would mean a lot of future projection is being factored in. Obviously a player that doesn't need a lot of touches to do some real damage.

Just cruising the saints board to see if any new info is around and one of their posters broke down a podacst from their list manager. The Saints really like Max king - we knew that already. But they apparently also really like Jye Caldwell. Now that is interesting as he is likely on the board at pick 8 but they then go on to say they see a big gap between 4, 5 & 6 and pick 8..will be interesting to see how this all plays. shame there is still 3 bloody weeks to go

So with the Saints probably locked into King there is a chance it goes

Walsh
Luko
Rankine
King
Rozee
Caldwell
King
Smith (crows)

Either Caldwell or Smith are a possibility to be there at 8 and I think whichever one is there is probably the player we pick. Port will take Hately at 10 - you can lock that it
Im not so sure about that

Im not so sure about that
It is somewhat of a lottery, but others will attest that Haggis will take the best talent at pick 8 and also 13 and then he may take a punt at 16 & 21 if he sees something he really likes. Port are all but assured to get Rozee with pick 5 or possibly Rankine and the chance to get Hately who my port mates tell me the club really rates seems to be a natural fit for them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You answered you own question.

Edit: he also has luko at 1, so totally disregard him imo.
Ahh the Luko thing again, I mean most have him 1 or 2, what would they know

It is somewhat of a lottery, but others will attest that Haggis will take the best talent at pick 8 and also 13 and then he may take a punt at 16 & 21 if he sees something he really likes. Port are all but assured to get Rozee with pick 5 or possibly Rankine and the chance to get Hately who my port mates tell me the club really rates seems to be a natural fit for them
Hes an inside mid, one thing they have A LOT of already

You seen Sturt Play? .....gangley looking thing

View attachment 580780

However, his run of form for the Stingrays has seen 16 clubs make contact with Sturt, with some viewing him as a potential top-30 pick.

"He's a good left-footer, he's hard at the ball and he has a freakish ability above his head."

Sturt's emergence was too late for him to be invited to the NAB AFL Draft Combine, but he is one of 11 Stingrays players to have been picked to test at the state combine, where his speed is expected to stand out.

Wheeler said Sturt had been juggling his cricket and football but clubs were excited by what they had seen in his small sample of under-18 appearances.

"He's definitely good enough with his cricket. He's training every Sunday at the moment at Junction Oval and is a really good batsman," Wheeler said.

"One of the clubs asked him [which he'd choose] and his response was well above his years. He said he'd given six years of dedication to his cricket and he's still there, and that he'd only given footy a bit of a go and look where it's got him.
Just on looks he reminds of a young skinny Pav :)

Given we have 4 picks inside the top 21, does this mitigate the risk involved somewhat? Given all the SA kids and Smith are off the board, do we take the punt on a top 5 talent in Caldwell and take it slow developing his body for AFL? (look at someone like Luke Hodge who was perennially injured as a junior).

Or do we just steer clear altogether? It poses an interesting question considering the hand we've got.
Yes worth picking but not at 8 I don’t think . 16 onward . On talent he’s top 6-7

image.jpeg
Sam Sturt reminds me of Bailey Fritsch but better and tougher

To me that’s a top 15 pick especially given the upside in a program that he has never had
Haha Jeff I'm talking looks as in physical looks nothing to do with football.
BTW I do like his football

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back