Preview FACEOFF – Round 10 – Carlton Blues vs. Mighty Adelaide Crows, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

This is your classic danger game. We should win. But do our guys now assume their work is done after the Collingwood game and slack off again, or do they feed off that and strive for that feeling again? With this group it could easily be either.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/adelai...-of-their-season/story-fnaqgujp-1226923122392

Adelaide champion Mark Ricciuto says the Crows’ mental strength determines the fate of their season

IF BRENTON Sanderson is wondering how he can get his players to replicate their performance against Collingwood for the rest of the season, look no further than between their ears.

Because in 10 days between the humiliating loss to Melbourne and the extraordinary win over Collingwood, Adelaide players did not get fitter, faster, stronger, more skilful, change their gameplan or learn how to tackle.

A good article by Roo, it will be fascinating the way the team plays against the Blues. Pies beat the Blues comfortably and while I know just because one team beats them doesnt mean you will, I know our chances of beating the Blues was much much higher than beating the Pies before the Demons game. So beating an inform Pies has only increased that for mine. Which is why I am confident we can do it.

In a kind of way, losing to the Demons may have been the best thing that could have happened to the AFC in 2014.

If the team rolled the Demons in the last minute, I get the feeling we would have lost to the Pies.

Why? Sando would have kept faith in the team and not made the hard decisions that needed to be made and I really do believe the players would not have come out the way they did and responded against the Pies.

I think they will be switched on for this game on the weekend because there is a lot at stake and there will be a strong Crows support at the ground as well. We have got technically a better team that the Blues and it really boils down whether Sando gets his players switched on. If he bottles up the way he delivered the message pregame to the players and delivers that on Sunday, we will smash the Blues.

The Crows on last Thursday night, reminded me of the Crows 2012 version. That was a bloody good feeling to have. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
In a kind of way, losing to the Demons may have been the best thing that could have happened to the AFC in 2014.
Straight up agree -

If Adelaide got out of jail at the end of that match and won against Melbourne, or cruised to an easy victory the way they expected to before the match started, no way does the Collingwood victory happen...

Straight up agree -

If Adelaide got out of jail at the end of that match and won against Melbourne, or cruised to an easy victory the way they expected to before the match started, no way does the Collingwood victory happen...

The best thing about beating the Pies, is that the Crows announced to the AFL world, we can beat a top 8 side. Not to mention the belief the players will now have when they face tougher opponents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If someone else tags Danger, maybe Carrots, I'll ask in the Carlton thread.

Armfield is the only player we could put on Dangerfield with any confidence right now.
Bell has the body and endurance but not the skills nor smarts at this stage.

Carlton won't want Betts putting on a show at his favoured ground either.
Will be interesting to see which way we want to go with that match up also.

A good article by Roo, it will be fascinating the way the team plays against the Blues. Pies beat the Blues comfortably and while I know just because one team beats them doesnt mean you will, I know our chances of beating the Blues was much much higher than beating the Pies before the Demons game. So beating an inform Pies has only increased that for mine. Which is why I am confident we can do it.

If the team rolled the Demons in the last minute, I get the feeling we would have lost to the Pies.

Why? Sando would have kept faith in the team and not made the hard decisions that needed to be made and I really do believe the players would not have come out the way they did and responded against the Pies.

I think they will be switched on for this game on the weekend because there is a lot at stake and there will be a strong Crows support at the ground as well. We have got technically a better team that the Blues and it really boils down whether Sando gets his players switched on. If he bottles up the way he delivered the message pregame to the players and delivers that on Sunday, we will smash the Blues.

The Crows on last Thursday night, reminded me of the Crows 2012 version. That was a bloody good feeling to have. :thumbsu:

Break out post ;)

Had a Crows poster Dirty Bird in the Carlton board post this on their faceoff thread when I talked about us missing a few players of our best.

Rnd 10 Carlton v Adelaide Sunday May 25 4.40 pm @ MCG

"Lynch isn't starting 22 atm.
And only 1 of Otten/Henderson is top 22."

Im sorry but this is the most ridiculous comment I have ever hard and didnt want to get into an argument on the Blues board.

He's our #4 tall forward.
Only a fool would see otherwise.
And we're not stupid enough to play 4 talls.

Top 25 easily
Top 22? Extremely unlikely
Top 21? NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

He's our #4 tall forward.
Only a fool would see otherwise.
And we're not stupid enough to play 4 talls.

Top 25 easily
Top 22? Extremely unlikely
Top 21? NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
High half forward I reckon. He won't have to play in the forward 50

Jenkins, Walker and Podsially is a perfect mix at the moment. All play different roles.
Lynch is excess to our needs. I like him as a player, but with Jenkins, Walker and JPod all fit, there's no spot for him in our 22 unless we take the risk of going to top heavy,

After the big win over Collingwood we cannot afford to get carried away and come out softly. Adelaide by 5 in a close one.

What about when Pods plays down back, it would be good to have both Tex and JJ deep and Lynch high half forward
And when he's not down back? It's a wasted spot on the bench or too top heavy up forward.

Good player, but I'd have him as an emergency more weeks than not if we had a full squad.
Best 22? Unlikely
Best 25? Almost certainly. You need team balance, and I fully believe Lynch ruins that balance if included with all Tex, JJ and JPod. You could play him as an emergency, but if a midfielder gets injured, you're in a shit position.

First person called in if Podsially/Walker gets injured/suspended/rested. (McKernan is needed for ruck relief if Jenkins goes down)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview FACEOFF – Round 10 – Carlton Blues vs. Mighty Adelaide Crows, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back