Preview FACEOFF – Round 10 – Carlton Blues vs. Mighty Adelaide Crows, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

And when he's not down back? It's a wasted spot on the bench or too top heavy up forward.

Good player, but I'd have him as an emergency more weeks than not if we had a full squad.
Best 22? Unlikely
Best 25? Almost certainly. You need team balance, and I fully believe Lynch ruins that balance if included with all Tex, JJ and JPod. You could play him as an emergency, but if a midfielder gets injured, you're in a shit position.

First person called in if Podsially/Walker gets injured/suspended/rested. (McKernan is needed for ruck relief if Jenkins goes down)
Guess we will find out in 4-6 weeks

A good article by Roo, it will be fascinating the way the team plays against the Blues. Pies beat the Blues comfortably and while I know just because one team beats them doesnt mean you will, I know our chances of beating the Blues was much much higher than beating the Pies before the Demons game. So beating an inform Pies has only increased that for mine. Which is why I am confident we can do it.
I'm hoping that win will be like the Round 6 win against Sydney in Sydney in 2012. It seemed to be the game that gave them the confidence that they were legit and capable of playing really well when they were switched on (and we smashed Carlton by 69 points 2 weeks after that win).

I'm hoping that win will be like the Round 6 win against Sydney in Sydney in 2012. It seemed to be the game that gave them the confidence that they were legit and capable of playing really well when they were switched on (and we smashed Carlton by 69 points 2 weeks after that win).
And after that Sydney win they belted Geelong by 8 goals

Will be at the game and remember being at Etihad in 2009 when we were down 5 goals early and was there last year when Tex went down - said to Carlton people at the time our season was done and dusted with that injury.

Looking forward to Sunday and I've got a feeling Tex will have a day out - no reason just a gut feel and we will win.

Who hasn't watched the Crows for the last 18 months?

Lynchy's brief appearances this year have been all class. As long as he is fit he plays every game of the season.

In his only full match this year, an away win against the Bulldogs he had 15 kicks, 10 handballs, 2 goals and 4 goal assists. He was named BOG by some journalists or 2nd to Danger by others.

Not being able to find him a spot in the team is crazy. He is in our top 10 players.

Who hasn't watched the Crows for the last 18 months?

Lynchy's brief appearances this year have been all class. As long as he is fit he plays every game of the season.

In his only full match this year, an away win against the Bulldogs he had 15 kicks, 10 handballs, 2 goals and 4 goal assists. He was named BOG by some journalists or 2nd to Danger by others.

Not being able to find him a spot in the team is crazy. He is in our top 10 players.

So I guess you'd have to drop J-Pod?

Will be at the game and remember being at Etihad in 2009 when we were down 5 goals early and was there last year when Tex went down - said to Carlton people at the time our season was done and dusted with that injury.
My assistant manager decided that he hadn't seen the leave form I gave him 4 weeks prior so made me come to work at half time. Was there for Tex's injury though :(

If Tex, JJ and Lynchy are all available then yes, JPod misses out or moves to defence.

Simple question, which of those 4 players has absolutely no chance of playing in our next flag?

Seems right to me, I was just asking the question. I definitely don't disagree, it seems to be the only way to go because 4 tall forwards won't work and as much as J-Pod is of value, it's hard to see him being more valuable then the harder running Lynch.

Honestly can't see Carlton getting near us. Their midfield is their strength but its practically down to Murphy and Gibbs with no Judd or Robinson. Our midfield should steamroll them and our forward line far too powerful. Should be a demolition. Lets give Bricey something to regret.

Honestly can't see Carlton getting near us. Their midfield is their strength but its practically down to Murphy and Gibbs with no Judd or Robinson. Our midfield should steamroll them and our forward line far too powerful. Should be a demolition. Lets give Bricey something to regret.
If we bring the kind of manic pressure on the opposition that we did last week, and it results in 90 tackles, we will win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since, according to Sando Truck will be "managed" this year (source: interview on ABC radio last Sat morning just before midday), I see no reason why Lynch and J-pod could not alternate between third tall at either end of the ground as need dictated.

Since, according to Sando Truck will be "managed" this year (source: interview on ABC radio last Sat morning just before midday), I see no reason why Lynch and J-pod could not alternate between third tall at either end of the ground as need dictated.

I have seen Pods play the swingman really well in defence, its why I hope we persist with him.

His body is very very good. It hasnt been subjected to the rigors of AFL for 10+ years as most players his age would have and he offers far more depth than players like Smack and LJ.

I hate to say this but Sando won the game last week by the tough calls he made before the game. Dumping a few players and taking a punt on a fresh kid in a crunch game is where the game was won. I hope he learns that the playing groups feelings come second and that the success of the Club is first and always should be.

Before the Demons game, Reilly would have easily have bookmarked a game against the Pies. He needs to go away in the SANFL and turn that hurt and anger into good games for the Ravens.

I think one important issue that some posters are missing with our talls is that JJ is very athletic and mobile. Two of his goals were like you would expect from a crumbing small forward.

Probably the only talls that are not athletic around the ground are atm Tex, Truck and Sauce. The rest for me can move and cover ground well.

I think one important issue that some posters are missing with our talls is that JJ is very athletic and mobile. Two of his goals were like you would expect from a crumbing small forward.

Probably the only talls that are not athletic around the ground are atm Tex, Truck and Sauce. The rest for me can move and cover ground well.

And out of the remaining three, Tex leads up the ground well and can also be evasive with ball in hand.

It will be interesting to see the game that Gibbs plays on the weekend, from memory (i could be wrong) but Tippett played a real poor game against the Swans in his final game against them.

Yeah he played a stinker in the final V sydney.

Jenkins, Walker and Podsially is a perfect mix at the moment. All play different roles.
Lynch is excess to our needs. I like him as a player, but with Jenkins, Walker and JPod all fit, there's no spot for him in our 22 unless we take the risk of going to top heavy,

Lynch's last full game was 25 possessions, 7 marks, 2.1 goals. A fit Lynch plays all day everyday. They either make a way to fit them all in or Pods will make way. Mind you I love all of them so it would be hard to leave one out.

Lynch's last full game was 25 possessions, 7 marks, 2.1 goals. A fit Lynch plays all day everyday. They either make a way to fit them all in or Pods will make way. Mind you I love all of them so it would be hard to leave one out.

Lynch is a crucial cog in our forward line, agreed. Just garbage and nonsense that he is not in our best 22.

In fact to think otherwise demonstrates a person has no understanding of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview FACEOFF – Round 10 – Carlton Blues vs. Mighty Adelaide Crows, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back