Review Geelong beat tiggers by 3 points

Remove this Banner Ad

It's an interesting discussion. Would there be the same attention if:

It wasn't Stewart but some lesser profile player?
It wasn't Prestia but some lesser profile player?
If Geelong hadn't won?
If Stewart himself hadn't gone on to have a good game?
If it wasn't a Geelong player doing the knocking out?

Yeah it wasn't an elbow, honestly it was an unlucky hit that got him on the chin and knocked him out cold.
My issue with it is the ball was well gone and Stew just decided to take him out (as in bump).
It's just a dumb decision and poor form from a bloke who should know better, he deserves the wack he'll get, I just hope it doesn't hurt the team considering who we are playing over the next 3/4 weeks.
yeah, but you see that sort of bump after nearly every kick or pass. The guys disposes of it and the defender bumps/blocks him right after. The force depends on the relative closing speeds. Stewart got it horribly wrong and will have a spell.
The media reaction is to be expected; mostly driven by their own agendas for eyeballs and clicks.
The nuffs screaming it was an intentional attempt to take out the best player, he raised and swung his elbow, blah blah. can go........

Jack Riewoldt should retire effective immediately. No denying that he is a club legend and has contributed to the teams success. The last few weeks he hasn't been even competed in a contest. He can't jump for the ball. At ground level he is slow. Unfortunately, all the years of playing at the highest level with all the knocks etc has taken its toll on a weary body. It's time to inject some youth and some energy. Thanks for all your service and devotion to the club, but it's time to acknowledge that you are no longer playing at the desired level. Would much rather have seen Chol or Coleman Jones start the season instead.

Didnt he have an injury a few weeks ago? He looks like he is playing injured to me but you could be right and it could be age and hes basically finished. Cotchin probably similar. You guys desperately need to draft a kpf imo like we need to draft a kpd.

Prefer the echo chamber? I seriously don’t get why it’s a big deal if opposition fans post on each others board. And banning posters for giving a different perspective and a bit of banter thrown in.
That’s what pisses me off.
I’m happy to have people have a conversation about the game. Yet if I want to do it over there I can’t.
The mods over there are no warning types, makes the site unbearable at times.
Hence why I just stick to our board

I’ll let you figure it out for yourself but I like it
LOL I just had a look at the list, hoping it wasn't some odd Aussie slang thing :)
And then something caught my eye.
Would it be referencing a certain food processing company?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The big picture is that in the long run it might have been better had the Stewart/Prestia incident not occurred and we'd lost.

Meanwhile Mieirs and Kolo showed again what liabilities they are and O'Connor wasn't much better: i can't see us going all the way with players with their limitations in the team. Unfortunately possible replacements in Stevens, Kroeger and Rohan are for various reasons unavailable. Zac Guthrie was OK.

Atkins has improved out of sight - seems to have more dash these days. I like Henry up the ground - always have - but he'll probably go back to replace Stewart. Sam DEK battled very well and got back on top again. Stanley was quiet. Stengle was great again.

We may see Neale and Ollie in next week.

Mate, it's just footy. Was a cracker game, one of the best Cats win in a long time. The boys stood up when a lot of us had lost faith, it was awesome to see.

Just enjoy it. Take the negative analytical view later. Plenty of bigger issues in the world, ride the highs and we'll look at the true negatives when it's fit to do so.

That’s what pisses me off.
I’m happy to have people have a conversation about the game. Yet if I want to do it over there I can’t.
The mods over there are no warning types, makes the site unbearable at times.
Hence why I just stick to our board
The mods over there are just as psychotic, deranged and delusional as those they're moderating. Why anyone would consider posting on that board is bewildering.

Are you saying we should make the grand final now? If not it’s a flop? Beat Dees in two weeks we should win the flag right?

I've gotta be honest mate the passive aggressive posting is getting old. Everyone notices it.

To answer your question: No, we are not in the box seat, but we're in with a chance, as are many this year. Should be a great finals series, very even comp outside of the Dees.

CC is right up there as one of the best balanced and insightful posters on our board, and I've no doubt whatever was said conformed to that same standard, but simply setting foot on the Richmond board was a fatal mistake.

Clearly no tolerance for Geelong supporters over there atm.......

Has there ever been any sign of tolerance for Geelong supporters over there? Not saying all our locals who go visiting are on their best behaviour when they do so, but some boards just aren't worth even saying "hi, good game tonight and good luck next week" on...

As for us, we try to play nice & allow visitors from afar to be involved in discussion but we just ask them to be respectful - those that genuinely want to engage in discussion are welcome & often are good to engage with

While for those who've no intention but to cause trouble are a different story - if in a good mood we'll give a warning & let them return home, but those who failed to heed said warning won't be too happy with the next step... That is unless we're not in a good mood or the efforts are a step too far, then it's straight to holiday mode

Has there ever been any sign of tolerance for Geelong supporters over there? Not saying all our locals who go visiting are on their best behaviour when they do so, but some boards just aren't worth even saying "hi, good game tonight and good luck next week" on...

As for us, we try to play nice & allow visitors from afar to be involved in discussion but we just ask them to be respectful - those that genuinely want to engage in discussion are welcome & often are good to engage with

While for those who've no intention but to cause trouble are a different story - if in a good mood we'll give a warning & let them return home, but those who failed to heed said warning won't be too happy with the next step... That is unless we're not in a good mood or the efforts are a step too far, then it's straight to holiday mode

I think it's easier, and better, to just stay within the confines of our board.

Would be nice to engage in sensible discussion with others, but there's not as much sensible tolerance as the mods here exercise, and the Richmond board is fraught with danger.....especially last night!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Geelong beat tiggers by 3 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back