Review Good, Bad, Keeping shape, keeping shat - Crows V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Goes under the radar even around here. He cops it a bit but nowhere near enough relative to how much of a weight around our necks he is.

ROB is definitely a bottom tier ruckman. He should have only ever been a temporary stop gap option for a year or two.

The fact that he's heading towards 150 games is something I don't know whether to laugh or cry about.

The Bad:

Supporters thinking if we bring in a new coach we suddenly turn from a garbage club to even an average club.

For two decades this club has been building towards the downward spiral we now find ourselves stuck in. There is no way of getting out of this with a few bandages. We need a complete overhaul from the board down.
Not denying that the rot is throughout the organisation but I am firmly of the belief that most coaches could come in an win a few games simply by speeding up ball movement and letting a bit more creativity out. Sort of like we saw last week. Nicks is determined to eventually get his way and he is blind to modern footy.

Thought Nank was extremely costly for us tonight, multiple bad blunders that cost us goals. As you saw however he was finding the ball and trying, will learn from it and be better in time. I would persist and not make him the scape goat, there's others who should be out first.
Several times saw Nank right in front of us, he has some ball handling skill and class

At my age I’m blind to bad umpiring. It hasn’t changed in the past 50 years I’ve been watching, it won’t change in the next 50.

What can change is choosing to apply pressure and work rate from the first bounce, rather than only after half time.

Would McHenry get a game each week if Ross Lyon was coach?

Though I’d bet that Ross could get better performances out of some of our duds
Must be a seniors thing

ROB is definitely a bottom tier ruckman. He should have only ever been a temporary stop gap option for a year or two.

The fact that he's heading towards 150 games is something I don't know whether to laugh or cry about.
He won a gold-feckin-jacket. Somehow.

Can we not play him the highlights reel from that year and say “Do that!” ?

Cook (?) I thought had a clear HTB against him missed a minute earlier, on the 50 metre arc.

The umps looked after us tonight.
Not to mention the absolute RUBBISH holding the ball paid to Fog with 30 seconds left in the first half. If Fog doesn’t shank the easy set shot that resulted, maybe we steal the game.

So much to write..but I just want to highlight our work in the air. Other than Dawson we can't take a contested mark. Obrien is continually so poor in the air with so many opportunities.

Not sure why we continually kick long to the left wing with our kick outs. It's generally a turnover as we can't take the mark, I just don't get why we don't mix it up more

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
We have NO reliable marking power forward of the back lines.

ROB is useless. Dawson is very good at it but that’s not his role. Fog is too small. Tex has never been a pack busting contested marker.

We’re obviously missing RT. But we have no one else of any height around the ground who can take a useful mark on the wing or up forward.

Can we please get ROB to remove the Take The Ball Out Of The Ruck Option from his arsenal?

Always leads to disaster and his shot at goal was an all-time howler

Was interesting when Rachele burst towards goal and saw that he had McHenry ahead of him. Decided to take the shot rather than pass it off. A conscious decision on seeing who it was do people think?

Campo highlighted this as selfish by Rash.

He won a gold-feckin-jacket. Somehow.
He won the B&F in a spoon year.

That's akin to winning the burger flipper of the month award at Hungry Jack's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly think there is only 3 or 4 good rucks in the league, the rest are just all average.

I don’t think we deserved to win, but that’s paid any other time of the game. Tex is having a shot 25m out to win. I much rather have issues with the team after a win, not a loss.
Tex really gave a serve to the umpire after the match. He could be in some trouble for that

Can’t believe you lot. Rightful free kick paid, this whole thread would be on a different level, extolling the praise of the team.
Instead, we’re moping in the doldrums, demanding sackings, firings, throw out the bath water etc.
Yeah we could have played better. We still should’ve won though. We were robbed blind. Get hot under the collar about that.
Good teams find a way to win. We found a way to.
Numbers weren’t in our favour. Doesn’t matter. Should. Have. Won.
Umps f*ckd us. There’s history here.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Lol

We got a couple of gifts during the game. Your right in what you say but we didn't deserve to win.
Those doesn’t matter as the other team has time to recover from it, that decision is the last second of the game, it matters. There’s zero excuse to umpire a game differently because it’s the last few minutes.

Remember when Jacobs was so bad we were crying out for them to drop him for ROB?

The good old days

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good, Bad, Keeping shape, keeping shat - Crows V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back