Review Good, Bad, Keeping shape, keeping shat - Crows V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t believe you lot. Rightful free kick paid, this whole thread would be on a different level, extolling the praise of the team.
Instead, we’re moping in the doldrums, demanding sackings, firings, throw out the bath water etc.
Yeah we could have played better. We still should’ve won though. We were robbed blind. Get hot under the collar about that.
Good teams find a way to win. We found a way to.
Numbers weren’t in our favour. Doesn’t matter. Should. Have. Won.
Umps f*ckd us. There’s history here.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We were only in the game because Essendon couldn't finish in front of goal.

The score flattered us, Essendon outplayed us for most of the game and Nicks was resoundly beaten tactically.

Blame the umps all you like, but the reality is that if we can't even outplay Essendon on our home deck then we're not going to win too many games this year.

Nicks coaching ensures we are never in a strong position to win

When there is a fumbled uncontested mark 20 m out that separated a game, I will always disagree.

It came down to execution and we weren't up to it. The amount of genuine skill errors that cost us throughout, and from proper skilled players as well.

Last edited:
The Bad:

Supporters thinking if we bring in a new coach we suddenly turn from a garbage club to even an average club.

For two decades this club has been building towards the downward spiral we now find ourselves stuck in. There is no way of getting out of this with a few bandages. We need a complete overhaul from the board down.

I'm not sold on Borlase but we dont have many options, otherwise I think we are building a decent defensive unit (sans Smith)
Borlase is just “fine” for what he is.

If he’s the guy you call upon when you’re missing 2 1st choice key defenders you can live with that.

Can’t see him ever been more than that but he serves a purpose in a depth chart and he’s perfectly servicable for that (if he was the 1st back up, as he kind of is for now but only as Murray is LTI then he’d be a weakness)

Think people are being extremely harsh on Rachele.

He's playing in a team full of golden tickets with an absolutely moronic coaching panel running a s**t gameplan.

At least he bloody tries to do something and make s**t happen - he's not even close to being in the discussion when it comes to the problems we have.
I wouldn't drop him but he's an arrogant player and that's a quality I can only tolerate in winners.

Can we please get ROB to remove the Take The Ball Out Of The Ruck Option from his arsenal?

Always leads to disaster and his shot at goal was an all-time howler

Was interesting when Rachele burst towards goal and saw that he had McHenry ahead of him. Decided to take the shot rather than pass it off. A conscious decision on seeing who it was do people think?

Can we please get ROB to remove the Take The Ball Out Of The Ruck Option from his arsenal?

Was interesting when Rachele burst towards goal and saw that he had McHenry ahead of him. Decided to take the shot rather than pass it off. A conscious decision on seeing who it was do people think?
Ned would have ****ed it up.

The Bad:

Supporters thinking if we bring in a new coach we suddenly turn from a garbage club to even an average club.

For two decades this club has been building towards the downward spiral we now find ourselves stuck in. There is no way of getting out of this with a few bandages. We need a complete overhaul from the board down.
What is your former account?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Borlase is just “fine” for what he is.

If he’s the guy you call upon when you’re missing 2 1st choice key defenders you can live with that.

Can’t see him ever been more than that but he serves a purpose in a depth chart and he’s perfectly servicable for that (if he was the 1st back up, as he kind of is for now but only as Murray is LTI then he’d be a weakness)
he had a shaky start but there are bigger problems than Borlace.

The Bad:

Grand Final was 2017 wasn't it? A lot of clubs go more than 2 decades without even making a Grand Final.

Rachele doing it makes me think it was overconfidence rather than giving any consideration to which team mate it was. Given that it was Nedward getting barbecued though, I have no issue with it.

It'd be one thing if he had the speed to dispose of it, but he's so slow he grabs it and gets caught with it every damn time.

No doubt that's another Nicks direction though as he didn't really do it previously to this year.

From up in the cheap seats...

First quarter fumbles.
What does Fog add?
The Shapekeeper can **** off. Waste of a list spot.
How many times does Smith sell himself into trouble?
'Footsteps Rachelle' will be hard to live down.
Umpiring - meh! It's every game.
I'm not sure of a moniker for Laird. 'The Momentum Killer' or 'The Stats Man'.
Three more years of Nicks...... Yay!

Also, my poor son. After our game against Geelong, he took a salt bath to break the 'curse' of never attending a winning home game. Given our poor start, I think I'm going have to steal our neighbours chicken and have ourselves a sacrifice. "Yo bartender, Jobu needs a refill!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good, Bad, Keeping shape, keeping shat - Crows V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back