• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome:
Honestly, if the coaches were worth their salt they would just take the third qtr and make that the blueprint. Don't focus on the negativity of the umpiring (which was bullshit but ultimately out of our control and we dont have the spine to take on the AFL), focus on what we managed to do against the best team, away from home and after being so far down.

Bad:
Inaccuracy and umpiring but I cbf talking about it because...

Ugly

Low footy IQ players are killing us. Two prime examples today were:

Sholl multiple times getting caught in the tackle and just has no idea what to do. None. Except to get his arms up which is sometimes the worst play. Sometimes its better to just take the tackle. If you get your arms free you better be disposing but he was completely lost. I cannot tolerate his selection.

Keays at the end with 45 seconds to go chooses to take possession and gets caught with 3 players streaming past him. Why not tap on? Collingwood did it masterfully today (and Richmond made an art of it in their time). It's a lack of IQ and game awareness. You dont want to take possession when you are in the air with a minute to go on the wing. We don't want stoppages we want the ball in play. It makes no sense. I've seen Jake Soligo this year take the ball exactly like that and dispose before he comes down, that's footy IQ. That's knowing if you aren't going to tap you gotta get rid.

We get a lot of value out of this team but premiership sides need those one percenters in an era of pressure. It's individual moments that can lift a side and the inability of the above two to do anything in the crucial moments will continue to stifle us. It's momentum killing stuff in an era where momentum swings are extreme and extremely important.

Go on then Mutineer . The guy is a detriment to our midfield setup as as much as he is an around the ground beast he cannot tap for bollocks. Remember he was drafted as a CHB.
Wrong on all counts, he was drafted as a ruckman from the Calder Cannons just happened to play some CHB when Jake Lever did his ACL, Mark Kocacevic then took over from him in the ruck

Wrong on all counts, he was drafted as a ruckman from the Calder Cannons just happened to play some CHB when Jake Lever did his ACL, Mark Kocacevic then took over from him in the ruck
He’d be better as a David Pittman type. Central ruckman isn’t to our advantage with our midfield.

27 Centre Bounces

22 Laird
21 Dawson
21 Keays
13 Sloane
3 Pedlar
1 Soligo

We did pretty well in the centre to be fair but there's little to no rebuilding going on in that part of the field.
Yikes

I actually didn’t mind Keays for the most part today, but his CBA numbers need to decrease if we’re going to become a better side. Sloane was okay, still does the 1%ers, but looks sooooo slow in there. Need to put him at HF

Why Soligo isn’t getting more CBAs is baffling to me

I watched ROB hit a 35m bullet pass.
I concur. ROB was not a factor( Hed be in my best).
Yeah one pass gives you a relax. Unfortunately that doesn’t cut it in this game. He is a beast around ground but can’t tap. Admit it.

Clearances wasn't why we lost today.
What?..

the pies centre clearances went to pies team mates up the field..

ours went to pies players.. mainly Moore.. or lollipopped into the bloody sky.

we nearly won that game despite our shit midfield.. those third quarter goals came through the good work of our defenders and half backs like hinge creating all the play out of defence.

our defence is really becoming a very solid unit.. our forward line of tex, fog, rankine, rach, peds and TT is very dangerous.

its our midfield, apart from Dawson, thats shit and continues to let us down.

Add two more classy mids and piss sloane and keays off and we’re getting very close to a premiership contending side .

Mason Cox leads a 3-on-1 melee against a teenager but poor diddums had his sunnies ripped off and needs a hug.

Nah, laugh reacts are a sign of cowardice. if you get infracted for troll posting, then you shouldn't work your way around it by laugh reacting.
I always found it easier to be direct. Still infractful but direct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As it always does..

yet we continue to put spuds in there thinking the outcome will be different.
The only spud is the Ruck. He has the tank but can’t tap for shit. It is our biggest shortfall.

I will also make the point that Collingwood should hold no fear for our side whereever we play them. Lost by a combined 3 pts over 2 matches home and away.

I said on the main board we could conceivably win week 1 of finals, they could lose it and we find ourselves back there again.

I'd happily lose 2 regular season matches to them if it meant we won the all important third one. How beautiful would that be if we took everything we have learned from these 2 matches and brought it altogether when it counted. Poetic.

I will also make the point that Collingwood should hold no fear for our side whereever we play them. Lost by a combined 3 pts over 2 matches home and away.

I said on the main board we could conceivably win week 1 of finals, they could lose it and we find ourselves back there again.

I'd happily lose 2 regular season matches to them if it meant we won the all important third one. How beautiful would that be if we took everything we have learned from these 2 matches and brought it altogether when it counted. Poetic.
You’re right, but imagine the absolute shafting we would cop from the umpires in a final vs Collingwood.

Would be of Swans vs Dogs in the 2016 GF proportions, and would make today look like nothing.

I just made the mistake of watching the last two minutes.

Seriously, Dawson is poleaxed head high dead in front 30m.

**** you umpires. **** you AFL.

Forget the rest of the umpiring, that non decision at that time off the game is the piss weakest umpiring I've seen all year.

Again. Get ****ed Umpires. Get ****ed AFL.

You’re right, but imagine the absolute shafting we would cop from the umpires in a final vs Collingwood.

Would be of Swans vs Dogs in the 2016 GF proportions, and would make today look like nothing.

If we play smart footy and dont miss easy chances we make the umpires work a lot harder if that is their game.

Was it Ash Johnson at AO that tapped the ball over for a point to equalise the score rather than taking possession? That's smart play. They won despite the umpiring.

Suns bested the bulldogs when the umpires were coming for them.

Good teams negate the umpires through efficiency and smart footy.

27 Centre Bounces

22 Laird
21 Dawson
21 Keays
13 Sloane

3 Pedlar
1 Soligo

We did pretty well in the centre to be fair but there's little to no rebuilding going on in that part of the field.
Keays centre bounces should be replaced with: Pedlar/Soligo/Rachele/Rankine.

F

Finish 5th or 6th and we should definately make a semi. Would be nice against powaa at home 2nd week. We will probably need to win 7-8/9 to get a home final though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad vs Collingwood

Back