• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

What you see now is what you will get with Fogarty for rest of his career . I don’t see any scope for improvement in his game . Last years end of season form will happen now and then but you ain’t gonna get a Walker type career from him . Write that down. He just doesn’t have the agility or athletic traits to be as dominate as some think he will.
I remember thinking the exactly the same about Tex sitting in the Northern Stand at Footy Park, saying that he just doesn't do enough. How wrong I was. These bigger built forward types who need to rely far more on smarts than speed seem to take a lot longer to develop - much longer. I'm not giving up on him yet.

What you see now is what you will get with Fogarty for rest of his career . I don’t see any scope for improvement in his game . Last years end of season form will happen now and then but you ain’t gonna get a Walker type career from him . Write that down. He just doesn’t have the agility or athletic traits to be as dominate as some think he will.
I don’t think he really needs to be Tex though. Between him, TT, Welsh, Gollant, Rankine, Rachele there’s enough firepower to fill what Tex will leave behind.

The umpiring biases are now getting ridiculous. Kind of makes you wonder how much of this has been contributing to the Pies great run of winning the close ones in recent times..? Anyways, enough has been said on this thread about them..

Going to just list the positives for the game:
- losing to the top team by 2 points at their home ground, with a little umpiring assist, while we’re still rebuilding, is a HUGE positive.

- the experience gained at the G with a large crowd is priceless.

- we had more scoring shots again against the Pies, so with some more maturity/composure, we’ll likely to reverse the trend (win more the close ones).

- Tex kicking 5 in the last half, really stood up. Tex is clearly our barometer, along with Dawson, who had an elite game, best-onfield.

- really liking Worrell the more I see him. Looks strong in the air and has good all round skills. Love him in particular after Cox goals from a sus free kick, then gave Worrell a big shove. Worrell retaliated and didn’t take a backward step, body-wrestled Cox, and ended up on top of him! Love that fighting spirit!

- the passion in our team is more visible in this game than ever since 2017. The loss here will likely give us more motivation rather than dent the confidence.

But, but, but… keays is a gun tagger isn't he?…

thats what we’ve been told by his cheer squad all year..
This is also on the entire mid groups. They know that they aren’t gonna get a legit tap. Because the tap is shit.

He was a little fumbly but they all were, he generally made up for it.
Definitely a positive for the game.
There was a ground ball contest in the middle of the ground that he and Hinge were involved in (maybe in the 3rd?) that was under immense pressure and they won the ball and got clean possession. Pretty confident we scored from that chain too.

There was a ground ball contest in the middle of the ground that he and Hinge were involved in (maybe in the 3rd?) that was under immense pressure and they won the ball and got clean possession. Pretty confident we scored from that chain too.
Yeah I remember it but can’t remember what happened post that contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You say anything and they double down and screw you twice as hard.

Gotta know your place as a non-victorian side.

Take what scraps master gives you and don't complain.

What a load of baloney

How can they screw us anymore?

We already put the Leland Brothers to shame for our away games.
Our home games get a shitty timeslot and mostly shitty drawing opponents.
We get screwed by the umps.
We get screwed at the tribunal.
We are on the bottom rung for AFL distributions despitea having a crap stadium deal and no blockbuster games.

We should be shouting from the rooftops.

27 Centre Bounces

22 Laird
21 Dawson
21 Keays
13 Sloane
3 Pedlar
1 Soligo

We did pretty well in the centre to be fair but there's little to no rebuilding going on in that part of the field.

That's a horrible stat for those in the "we are developing midfielders for the future" group. Not at least trying to develop young midfielders is Nicks' biggest failure this year.

Is it time to give Hinge a run through the middle?
I see a lot of Dawson in hinge.. just the way he moves in traffic, takes the game on, has a raking left boot. dawson is just that bit more accurate by foot though..

but dawson has more experience.

reckon with another 50 more games under his belt Hinge could be anything.

and I‘d definitely love to see him given a run in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad vs Collingwood

Back