• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t realise until today that Kayo seems to now work outside of Aus without using a VPN. When did that change? I thought it could only be used in Aus or with an Aus VPN.

Inconclusive. It was probably a goal. I wouldn’t bet my house on it though. Correct call is to defer to umpires call.

The frustrating part is on another day the reviewer may have called it a goal. Sometimes they give weight to the player reaction. If Rankine carried on like he knew it was a goal they may have given it.

Just another in a long list of AFL inconsistencies.

I believe the AFL need to change the review approach. If there is a review the highest score should be the default position. Why? because thats what players are aiming for. If they believe its a behind but checking the goal line the soft call should be a goal. Its the allowing for a soft call of whatever the umpire feels that makes the review system a joke as it becomes inconsistent.

I didn’t realise until today that Kayo seems to now work outside of Aus without using a VPN. When did that change? I thought it could only be used in Aus or with an Aus VPN.
Then we just know what dreamland you’re in .

What you see now is what you will get with Fogarty for rest of his career . I don’t see any scope for improvement in his game . Last years end of season form will happen now and then but you ain’t gonna get a Walker type career from him . Write that down. He just doesn’t have the agility or athletic traits to be as dominate as some think he will.

He is a lead up forward hampered by poor delivery most of the time. Walker was a lean running natural forward when drafted and put on his weight. Fogarty has always been the biggest in every team his played on and by his own admission, never a natural forward as he has always seen himself a midfielder. But his size is too big.

However, did you say Walker is no Modra so he is no good? Rankine is no Betts so he is no good? Different players mate. The comparison to tex as a career guide is lazy.

I dont mind the result to be honest. Yes it sucks but it is going to make them hungry! We only have to make the 8 to have a chance.

So now games vs top 8 sides we have:
Lost to Collingwood in 2 games from winnable positions by less than a goal. Both games generated more scoring shots.
Beat Port
Beat the Lions
Yet to play Melbourne
Beat the Saints
Yet to play Essendon
Smashed by Bulldogs.

The only 2 top 8 sides with better W/L vs other top 8 sides than us are Collingwood and Port - and both of those have been kissed on the tip in a couple of games

The crows are building. In the last few years (round 15 2021) we have removed Seedsman, Kelly, Brown, MacKay, Schoenberg, Rowe, Hamil, McPherson from our starting 22 and added. Rankine, Rachelle, Dawson, Soligo, Worrel, Hinge, Michaelanney, Keays. That is a huge improvement!

We seem to be upgrading 2-3 players a season in our 22 through this rebuild. Next year could well be Taylor, Redman and 1st round pick pushing Sholl, Murphy and Sloane out. Add in the organic growth so many in the squad are showing, I think we are looking well.

This was just one game, trying to look at the bigger picture.

Nah it wasn’t. He got around the ground which was admirable. In critical contest moments he literally fails his central 3 by not bringing the ball to ground in contest.
Accentuate his ability in this game to quell corridor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROB had a good game against a more mobile ruckman, the type that he tends to struggle against. Having a good overall season.
ROB did not have a good tap game. It was immeasurably shit. His ability to get to every contest is however fine.

See I reckon you can work that through properly and arrive at a goal. I don't see how it was inconclusive. A flow that looks like this maybe:

Does the ball hit Rankines limb below the knee? Yes

Does the ball touch Rankines limb last? Close call, ask clarifying question/s.

At the precise point of release from Rankine's limb is the Collingwood player touching the ball? No

Is there a subsequent touch from any other player? No.

At the established point of release has the ball crossed the line? No.

Decision: Goal.

I just don't think you can mount a case that Noble is touching the ball at the point of release.

There can be a simultaneous touch between hand and foot but that doesn't mean it is touched. If the foot touches it last then that is the play.

I cannot for the life of me understand how it is inconclusive.

But if this was the opposite we would have upgraded camera systems in place next week. My god the vision is bad quality.
Last paragraph is why you can’t call it with 100% certainty. I reckon they might pay one like that 2-3 times out of 10.

I believe the AFL need to change the review approach. If there is a review the highest score should be the default position. Why? because thats what players are aiming for. If they believe its a behind but checking the goal line the soft call should be a goal. Its the allowing for a soft call of whatever the umpire feels that makes the review system a joke as it becomes inconsistent.
I don’t mind that. But I’m sure it would throw up dodgy calls.

They need super slow mo HD cameras and probably a couple more angles. Until then it’s always going to be a bit of a shit show.

Really didn't expect that comeback in the 3rd after Collingwood got their game going and really shut us down. That's a big positive imo and reaffirms that we're a decent side. Disappointing not to get the win again but probably not as annoyed as the game earlier in the year. We should have won that one where as this was looking 50/50.

Good:
Dawson. Probably tied with Daicos for BOG. We need another one of his calibre before we can take the next step.

Tex. Still don't think our next gen forward line is ready to offset his loss unfortunately. Both TT and fog have a bit of work to do.

Worrell, Michalaney and Hinge looked great together today. They are players you want when you're in finals. Them, Murray and Butts is a pretty solid young defence going forward for quite a while.

Really liked Jones first half. Crucial overrun of the ball in the last qtr, but he can still hold his head high. That tackle he put on Maynard was crazy. Still getting better.

Midfield was okay collectively outside of Dawson. Not really damaging though as we've come to expect.

Okay:
Soligo first half was poor. Had a much better second half though so hopefully that's a turning point.

O'Brien had some key moments.

Bad:

Our key forwards outside of Tex struggled. Fog has been good on the ground but poor in the air. TT still learning his craft.

Sholl worst on. Just too weak for afl under contested conditions.

Seems like we always operate in 2nd-3rd gear whenever we play. But every now and then we pull out 6th gear for a quarter and nobody can go with us. Saw it against the Tigers in round 2.. 3rd quarter was it? Then again today, in a few others games too.

Said at half time we could win it because I could feel like if we pulled out 6th gear then Pies wouldn’t be able to match us & they didn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad vs Collingwood

Back