• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Keays really lacked some footy nous late in the 4th, on the wing we had an outnumber 3 to 1, ball up high he could of tapped it onwards to our free men to run clean onto (which Collingwood are the best in the comp at), instead takes the ball and gets tackled. Just little things that are the difference between the sides at the moment.

Mason Cox was in a similar position during the game and was smart enough to make the right decision and tap the ball on.

McHenry cutting through traffic and spotting up a forward in the last quarter.

Never thought I’d see that.
He's always had a decent evade, and a good into F50 kick.

We've seen that a lot, c'mon.

It's his other general play that often lets him down. But he's becoming more important part of our ability to play on, by presenting & moving every single chain. And far less clangers lately.

Stood up:
  • Dawson
  • Tex
  • Hinge
  • O'Brien
  • Laird
  • Worrell
  • Butts
Stood up for a half:
  • Rankine
  • Jones
  • McHenry
  • Fogarty
Let us down, but is young and improving:
  • Rachele
  • Soligo
  • Thilthorpe
  • Pedlar

Let us down and we have to change things:
  • Sholl
  • Sloane
  • Murphy
As long as these guys and Keays are in our first 25 we won't be a top 4 contender.

I guess the fear of Port winning the flag can be abated.

One of Melbourne or Collingwood will make it.

Port will need to beat 26 men (or 25 men 1 woman) to win.

Big Vic club at the G is a different rule book.

Just shows how great that 2018 WCE flag was.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think this is why I was so demoralised by 2005/2006. We had the good fortune of having two prelims against a non-Vic side and would've then also had two grand finals against a non-Vic side.

I reckon we should've gone back-to-back again those years, but to not jag at least one was shit given the lack of Vic dominance at the time. Truly a missed opportunity that will rarely be on offer.

As long as these guys and Keays are in our first 25 we won't be a top 4 contender.
Agree. But we can definitely be Top 8 and even hope to win a final this year. Even with a few less than ideal players.

It's just they've gotta go, but we don't have the replacements right now. Should start testing out the young blokes though... Been obvious for a while we should have been doing that.

If we started developing the next gen midfield we might start winning the big games down the track.

I had/hoped we would be giving decent midfield minutes to the next gen midfield.

Not running Sloane, Laird, Keays as our main midfield. These guys have failed and will continue to fail in big games.

Thank * Jordan pushed his way into the rotation.

FFS, we've got no injuries and we are still playing Murph and Ned.

We should be playing guys that have more potential that can win these games in the future, a team of triers won't get it done.

Murph and Ned try their guts out but they shouldn't be anywhere near a team in year 4 of a rebuild.
We ran with Rachele and Soligo early in the season and clearly they don't have the tank to play permanent midfield with only 2 preseasons so who else would you have in there right now? I dare say Dawson, Rachele, Soligo and Laird will be our main midfield next year with Pedlar getting more minutes as he build his tank.

Keays was playing HF early in the 1st but when Daicos got on the ground he got pushed in there, Laird did match up against Daicos later in the game so I agree why Keays was moved in there again.

I'm not sure what game you were watching but McHenry was excellent, if he continues this I have him in front of Murphy at the end of the season and he won't be a bust like a lot of us think he is.

Bad: first half.

If we put any ounce of effort into that first half as we did the 2nd, we would have came home with the win. The inconsistent umpiring in this game is a joke. Multiple occasions where umpires paid a free to Collingwood and not the crows where the exact same thing happened.
We put plenty of effort into the first half. The problem was that we didn't have enough skill.

Keays really lacked some footy nous late in the 4th, on the wing we had an outnumber 3 to 1, ball up high he could of tapped it onwards to our free men to run clean onto (which Collingwood are the best in the comp at), instead takes the ball and gets tackled. Just little things that are the difference between the sides at the moment.
And that was something the Pies mids did plenty of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frustrating loss when we could have won it.

The poor first half cost us, should have had 3 or 4 more goals and made it impossible for the umps to screw us over. Once we cleaned up our forward 50 entries we more then matched the Pies. Losing Murray hurt but the defence was good.

We still have periods when we get smashed in the clearances for 10 or 15 minutes and give up multiple goals quickly. We need another big mid to rotate through.

Great learning experience for the young guys playing at the G against the top team and a horde of hostile spectators.

He's always had a decent evade, and a good into F50 kick.

We've seen that a lot, c'mon.

It's his other general play that often lets him down. But he's becoming more important part of our ability to play on, by presenting & moving every single chain. And far less clangers lately.
Spot on, one of the very best on our list with his spot up kicks to leading forwards.

It is very frustrating. We won that game. We won it, simple as that, we were robbed. And despite our midfield sucking we did it. But what sucks is that even if we improve the midfield like Port has done theirs, we'll still cop bullshit like this game, so as a side the Crows will have to be 4 goals better than everyone else to actually win the flag.

It is very frustrating. We won that game. We won it, simple as that, we were robbed. And despite our midfield sucking we did it. But what sucks is that even if we improve the midfield like Port has done theirs, we'll still cop bullshit like this game, so as a side the Crows will have to be 4 goals better than everyone else to actually win the flag.
😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad vs Collingwood

Back