Review Good/Bad vs North Melbourne, R4 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

These types of football smarts are so valuable

Have to be prioritised above all else
I wonder how many people noticed most center bounces fogarty attended he was right next to Cunnington and negated a lot of his influence.
I feel like today was a training day for him.

Bit wobbly but nutted out a win, good to see some solid performances from some younger players, some confidence to take into next week for others, a few to be dropped. Scholl was outstanding and has been pretty consistent so far.

Fogarty now has 29 goals 5 behinds

Thats why I called his shots goals before he kicked them

Just a high conversion rate
His accuracy is phenomenal, even more so when you consider that most of his shots are from 50+. We wouldn't be having this conversation if his accuracy rate was closer to the AFL average.

Good: an away win, even if it was only NM.
the last quarter and the belief they showed 2wks in a row.
our back 5 (Kelly not included) solid as a rock down there
more of a spread of goal kickers
Scholl, what a great kick he is on both sides. Can't believe he missed that open goal in the 2nd quarter.
Butts, impressive how he has the confidence to leave his man when required. A solid career ahead.
Fog, his kicking for goal is exceptional.
Bad: Frampton. Does all the right things but can't hold a mark. Kelly, Lynch.
Ugly: Umpiring.
Lack of outside speed and letting NM get out the back far too often.
Some absolute howlers that cost us goals. McAdam dropping a chest mark in the square. Taking the advantage when Fog got a free 20m out straight in front.

EDIT** Kayo not working on my TV. Tried to watch it through the laptop but was just too hard to watch. Had to wait until the 7 broadcast.

Last edited:
Good
Ran out the game.
Knowing when challenged we can run out the game.
Jumper - What a beautiful strip! Jettison that stupid white thang that looks insipid.
The Fog - staked his claim for a spot in the team with minimal fuss and maximum goalage.
Tommy Doedee -Brilliant game

Bad
Three shit choices as commentators- Two ex Roos and a double bum.

Ugly
Ive only seen three quarters but I thought some of the decisions by the yellow maggots were atrocious.

Laird said in the after match interview about needing help. I don’t understand why stuff like Fogs bump doesn’t happen more often. Why not tag the tagger?
Because we’ve been a dumb football side for years.

Nicks sounds pleased with Fogarty based on his presser and thought his contribution around the ground didn't show up in basic stats. Liked his versatility and accurate kicking
I've never been so confused by a player as I have with Fog. Any other player with 5 touches would be hung out to dry

Have we ever had a player like him before? I mean our normal player like this is getting 35 touches 50% efficiency or a forward that has 20 touches 6 shots on goal for 1.4 and 2 otf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His accuracy is phenomenal, even more so when you consider that most of his shots are from 50+. We wouldn't be having this conversation if his accuracy rate was closer to the AFL average.
He's an enigma, you can see the struggle the club is having. Has some absolute elite attributes.

But will it be enough

Because we’ve been a dumb football side for years.
Every supporter says that about their own team.

It's very difficult to target a tagger without giving away a free. It why most sides resort to complaining to the umpire (or whinging through the media).

Every supporter says that about their own team.

It's very difficult to target a tagger without giving away a free. It why most sides resort to complaining to the umpire (or whinging through the media).
How is it, just do exactly what the tagger is doing.
Just bump into him at any opportunity.
Don’t let the tagger have free reign on your player.

I understand giving Frampton a solid block of games to see if he’s worth persisting with, but since round one it’s clear he’s depth only and not best 22. His centre square ruck work is the only redeeming feature of his game; contests well in the air too but has cement hands a lot of the time. Average set shot too, which I thought was his strength.

Good
We are a below average AFL team who won 3 games last year and were embarrassed in most of the other games we played;

We have already won 3 games this year.

We won today; interstate, missing our Captain, our premiere Multiple AA defender, and an AA Midfielder.

Things are trending north.

Never forget last year, enjoy the rise.

ROB started looking like his B&F self today. Dodgy ruck work, but Goldstein is a hard matchup, in that regard

His clearances, second efforts, contested marking and general around the ground work - big tick
When watching the game, I felt that ROB was getting destroyed by Goldstein in terms of ruck work and mostly had to rely on second efforts, especially in the first 3 quarters. Looking at the stats post-game, ROB had 6 hitouts to advantage (from 69 ruck contests) compared to Goldstein's 5 (from 58 ruck contests).

Also, Frampton attended 10 ruck contests. For someone that plays forward/ruck, he cannot kick straight and only attends 10% of rucks contests. What's the point in marking the ball up forward or creating a contest if you yourself cannot convert?

Early in the first quarter he was rubbing tgat area in pain.
When he dropped that sitter above his shoulders in the third it was obvious to me he was sore.
Pain relief administered after that??

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Oral pain relief normally takes about half an hour to kick in, so maybe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad vs North Melbourne, R4 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back